Thread: Ally Damage Output

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Ally Damage Output

Hey all,

Now that the allies are live, everyone's seeing them in action and are a bit.. underwhelmed. I can only speak for the Algontoth Wyvern here as not many I know have ventured out to get the others just yet and there is no real issue with the healing Wyvern.

Here are some numbers, to start:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Breath of Acid: A breath achieved from a long questline (not necessarily epic?) that sends you to the doom and around the globe. SHOULD be comparable to the new epic wyverns. The DoT is a long debuff, lasting 1:10.

Damage:
    Hit: 369
    DoT: 149, 172, 175, 137, 182, 176

Total: 1360 damage

Plague Breath: A breath given by the Algontoth Wyvern, which you have to complete the Niesa's Fate questline for and defeat an epic (winning the drop, perhaps) and gather all the epic tokens for. The DoT is short, lasting 15 seconds

Damage:
    Hit: 262
    DoT: 76, 75, 75, 78
    Dispel: 25% chance, 1 removal
    Buff: +280 HP (From Wyvern Ally)

Total: 566 damage + 1/4 removal + buff

Breath of Fire I + Lasting Embers: Breath of Fire I you get by existing, while Lasting Embers is a crystal given at level 60 for killing something like 30-50 Pygmies, if I'm not mistaken. Embers lasts for 21 seconds.

Damage:
    Hit: 279
    DoT, 33% chance: 83, 94, 90, 93, 99, 79

Total: 817 damage

Breath of Lightning: Obtained via lvl 80 quest for adult dragons
    Hit: 393 damage
    Dispel: Max 3 removals, ?? chance
    Debuff: -133 Dex, 166 Focus

Total: 393 dmg + debuff + 3 removals (chance)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These numbers are extremely underwhelming. In fact, they are far more comparable to a lvl 80 quest reward or a lvl 1 ability + lvl 60 quest crystal. Yes, the damage should suffer slightly for the fact that it does so much - however, what it does is simply not enough to compromise.

This ability is supposed to be an epic ability, yet it's weak even in the face of something you can concoct at level 60. The damage should be comparable to at least a level 80 ability (outright) and the DoT should last longer to add a good amount of damage on top of that. (So along the lines of 800-900 damage total, less than BoA to compensate for the dispel and buff)

Something else to note is that all abilities listed above except Plague Breath can be Primal Casted. Plague Breath also has an insane range, but I'd much prefer that knocked down in preference for damage to line it up more with other epic items.

If anyone can contribute to the other allies, please do add on to here, but these are my 2 cents.

Default Re: Ally Damage Output

I can definitely vouch for what Rackie says there, it's not just that ally as well. The blood skulk ally is equally as underwhelming. I'll be comparing it to two other things that do spirit damage DoT. All damage numbers are from combat logs, so I'm not comparing base damage, I'm comparing the actual use in the field.

Swamp Leech: Given from Blood Skulk ally, has all the hassle of any epic item included in obtaining one, provides +208 spirit resistance.

First hit: 150-190
    Leech: 100% of damage done given to attacker
    DoT: 70-80 per tick, 5 ticks over 15 seconds
    Recycle time: 1:30
    Total damage: 500-590
    Total leech: 500-590
    Perks: you have a skulk following you and +208 spirit resist when equipped

Vampiric Bats: Given from the Bloodthorn Staff, an epic item that's absolutely useful and I have no complaints at all with. Again, all the hassle of any epic, provides +50 focus, +50 power, and does a base damage of 125-160 when swung (280-350ish with Hetanko's build).

Leech: 50% of damage done given to attacker
    DoT: AoE 280-420 per tick, 4 ticks over 24 seconds every time it procs
    Recycle time: depends on how fast you're casting spells to get a chance of seeing it
    Total damage: 1120-1600 (per mob it hits)
    Total leech: 560-800 (per mob it hits)
    Perks: AoE, procs fairly often, staff boosts your focus and power by 50 each

Ethereal Leech V: T5 spell craftable by anyone. Techniqued with spirit range, spirit damage, and critical damage techs.

First hit: 240-320
    Leech: 100% of damage done given to attacker
    DoT: 70-85 per tick, 7 ticks over 45 seconds
    Recycle time: 1:10
    Total damage: 730-915
    Total leech: 730-915
    Perks: can be multicast for a further damage output/leech, the spell can be techniqued to suit one's needs

Conclusion:
    Based on the above, the swamp leech is looking more like a t5 spell rather than something actually epic... I'm even more underwhelmed now that I did the math.
    Last edited by Machaeon; May 30th, 2016 at 10:43 PM.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I don't have my pet yet, but I've seen enough to know I'm all for increasing the damage. Especially with the data you two have collected. These are epic abilities, and shouldn't be outclassed so easily.
    Niomira- 100/100/100/100 ancient, Order

Quickly popping a note here to say that why I'm a long way off from gaining ally abilities at this time, by looking at the numbers I have to agree with Racktor in that they look underpowerd. Especially when compared to Breath of Acid and Breath of Lightning.

I will have to say for something considered epic it's really low damage output. In addition for what it's needed to get the epic allies, you need 330 tokens, some components and dragons will need a biped's help for it, and 1 Slaver's Token. The Slaver's Token you get from Falgut the Slaver which is a Greater Epic abomination that has about 1.9 million HP. The damage should be epic in nature in my own opinion cause it is an epic ally not a normal ally. This really seems unbalanced.

Don't have an Ally yet, but with all the work that go's into getting one the damage done should be higher.
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

It depends which server board I think is which.

The damage was heavily buffed in the latest delta now!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Damage output of Combat Ally active abilities increased significantly (from 1.75 to 2.5 times previous damage).

Thread Information