Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ..:: Dragons and Eggs ::..

Exclamation ..:: Dragons and Eggs ::..

I am a 95% Dragon Player in Istaria with very little BiPed Experience. But it drives me completely bat-cat crazy to know that only a "biped" can gather eggs from chickens!

Dragons can loot eggs from Giant Chickens for eggs during quests, but they can't gather them from the smaller chickens? Incase anyone has failed to noticw, its not only bipeds that can do the estro-beetle pet quest. Dragons can get them too. But for a Dragon to do the quest, they have to buy the eggs (if they're even available) or they have to ask someone to get them for them. Dragons can gather LOGS and a few ORGANICS for Istaria's sake!

I realize the only time a dragon might need eggs would be for a quest? But WHY must we as DRAGONS have to go through someone else constantly to continue that quest, etc?

Also I see dragon players run into issues like, when they ask about eggs "specifically" in Market Place Chat, and they get such a reply " sorry I don't have any and I'm too busy to get any right now, check the consignment, use a fabricator or use a bucket"... a bucket? a fabricator? Really? If I am a dragon and I'm asking for something that requires a bucket/specified-tool, wouldn't you think if I had a " " I'd be asking you for the help? No! I would not! I would do it myself. But that's how new players and dragon players are treated when they ask for help when it comes to getting a few eggs for a quest. What happened to the "TEAM WORK" in the Istarian Community? You were all NEW to the game once too.

So seriously, Why can't we (DRAGONS) get EGGS too???

I THINK this is something to be considered.

- HeartOfStone

Default Re: ..:: Dragons and Eggs ::..

I agree that dragons should be allowed to gather things we need for ourselves. Always depending on the bipeds is really.. not dragon friendly. XD The mighty dragons must go ask a mighty biped for 6 eggs to complete a quest. Or X number of grapes to catch Priscilla.
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

Well.....
    Theres eggs for the beetle,
    Grapes and processed flax for priscilla,
    All sorts for the winter wolf pet/wolf muffins,
    Dye kits in drulkar's wrath,
    Processed cedar and flax for withered bane,
    A couple bits for volcano,
    Drain Bolt VI,
    Balit's Island lycanthropy ingredients...
    And more that i've missed off of this list.

This isn't the first nor last quest where dragons need bipeds to make them something, and its appearance in Drain Bolt VI quest (potions/mint) makes me think it's totally intended to be like this in many cases.

Sure, if dragons can gather eggs, then people will instead complain about not being able to gather grapes, barley and wheat (forget the quest, might be priscilla too?), amongst more.

Not that I'm against dragons being able to gather everything, but I think the reason for dragons needing so many things that only bipeds can get is firstly to make bipeds desirable as playable characters, and secondly to encourage a sharing community (Istaria is afterall an MMO).

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I agree Heart, it seems like 1 of 2 things could happen for an update. Either 1 make the dragon quests not ask for things made by bipeds and choose something that is directly associated to what dragons do or make, or 2 allow dragons to gather the item. I am good with either of the changes, but I don't think you should have to go across races to ask others to make things that YOU are supposed to be doing for a quest. They don't get any XP for finishing your quest for you by feeding you resources even though they played an intricate role in the completion of it.
    -Kor

Part of every MMO is interaction with other players - please more of it, not less! Also add things where bipeds needs dragons. If you want to solo everything, this is not the concept of such kind of games.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    Part of every MMO is interaction with other players - please more of it, not less! Also add things where bipeds needs dragons. If you want to solo everything, this is not the concept of such kind of games.
    I have to side with Tearo. Bipeds need to work more with dragons and dragon should be able to work with bipeds. Honestly there, should be more things that bipeds should have to ask from dragons. This game is not for soloing everything this is a multiplayer game not single player. So sorry, I have to disagree with you Korchak.

Sometimes when I can log in to play (which is one day a week for 2-4hrs if I am lucky to log on at all) there are not always many people online.
    Yes this is a mmorpg but many times it is not "mm" but only a "morpg"
    I would love for my dragon to not have to port around to look at every consignment shop or ask for things in chat/market.
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I have to side with Tearo. Bipeds need to work more with dragons and dragon should be able to work with bipeds. Honestly there, should be more things that bipeds should have to ask from dragons. This game is not for soloing everything this is a multiplayer game not single player. So sorry, I have to disagree with you Korchak.
    I have to Agree to this too.. If dragons have to ask bipeds.. Then Bipeds need to ask Dragons for things too.. interaction is the thing for Istaria and i do not wish to see that fade..
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

I like that Dragons can't get eggs. Different creatures can do different things. If Dragons and Bipeds could both do exactly the same stuff then there would be no need for both of them in the game.
    Last edited by Antie; October 5th, 2016 at 10:03 AM.
    Everyone should make use of these pre workouts for men and get some gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Antie View Post
    I like that Dragons can't get eggs. Different creatures can do different things. If Dragons and Bipeds could both do exactly the same stuff then there would be no need for both of them in the game.
    Dear Antie, at first, lets think of WHY exactly dragons can't gather resources such as eggs mkay?

So, lets see what a dragon can get/do.
    Dragons can gather stone, gems, ore, crystals, fungus, herbs, papyrus, cottons (and maybe other I'm forgetting atm).
    Dragons can craft spell shards, bricks, bars, cut gems, focused crystals, combat crystals, spells, scales, scalepacks, cargo disks..

If you see, there are materials/resources that a dragon can get/process easly, such as bars, bricks, lairshaping materials and stuff like that, which are no tiny work to do, BUT, you will also notice that dragons can somehow carve runes/spells onto shards, cut fine gems, focus crystals without breaking them, even make them magical for buff, carefuly carve scales and engravings and various other components for cargo flyers, get herbs without getting a chunk of them from the ground, only get cotton from plants and not tearing the rest of the plant, get fungus without crushing it, etc.

So, if you think the issue why dragons can't get resources such as eggs, potatoes, carrots and various other, is because dragons don't have the sensibility or they aren't careful enough to get the egg without crushing it or so, you're very wrong.

It leads me to think that the way this game was tought is that dragons are smart enough to channel energies, carve special spells, make shiny ornamented armor and claws, make complex cargos, cut gems, get fungs to drug themselves along with herbs, gather cottons for their beds without tearing the plant so they know they will need more once they sweat the new cotton den and stuff. But they are stupid enough to get eggs without crushing them, to pull a carrot out from the ground, to dig a claw in dirt and get a patch of potatoes out without digging a hole and various others.

If this was the case, then how come hatchlings don't have the ability to do all fo that? If the only reason why dragons can't get smaller or softer resources is because they're too huge and strong to do it? Humans need a bucket to put eggs into, okay, dragons could use a claw, or a scalepack to get them in right? Is not like bipeds gather the eggs using the bucket, they put them in after getting them with their hand.

What can I say? I'm just a big smart dragon that can read and write stories into thin shards with my claw carefully, but too stupid to pick up an egg. Pity.

Jokes aside, yes, I udnerstand that the devs meant it to be a biped unique feature so they need tools and the trading skills between races should be used to ask people around for help, but still. If you get to think about it, it is a bit dumb to give dragons so mutch wit and power, and then not being able to pick up an egg.
    Last edited by Shazo; October 5th, 2016 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazo View Post
    Dear Antie, at first, lets think of WHY exactly dragons can't gather resources such as eggs mkay?

So, lets see what a dragon can get/do.
    Dragons can gather stone, gems, ore, crystals, fungus, herbs, papyrus, cottons (and maybe other I'm forgetting atm).
    Dragons can craft spell shards, bricks, bars, cut gems, focused crystals, combat crystals, spells, scales, scalepacks, cargo disks..

If you see, there are materials/resources that a dragon can get/process easly, such as bars, bricks, lairshaping materials and stuff like that, which are no tiny work to do, BUT, you will also notice that dragons can somehow carve runes/spells onto shards, cut fine gems, focus crystals without breaking them, even make them magical for buff, carefuly carve scales and engravings and various other components for cargo flyers, get herbs without getting a chunk of them from the ground, only get cotton from plants and not tearing the rest of the plant, get fungus without crushing it, etc.

So, if you think the issue why dragons can't get resources such as eggs, potatoes, carrots and various other, is because dragons don't have the sensibility or they aren't careful enough to get the egg without crushing it or so, you're very wrong.

It leads me to think that the way this game was tought is that dragons are smart enough to channel energies, carve special spells, make shiny ornamented armor and claws, make complex cargos, cut gems, get fungs to drug themselves along with herbs, gather cottons for their beds without tearing the plant so they know they will need more once they sweat the new cotton den and stuff. But they are stupid enough to get eggs without crushing them, to pull a carrot out from the ground, to dig a claw in dirt and get a patch of potatoes out without digging a hole and various others.

If this was the case, then how come hatchlings don't have the ability to do all fo that? If the only reason why dragons can't get smaller or softer resources is because they're too huge and strong to do it? Humans need a bucket to put eggs into, okay, dragons could use a claw, or a scalepack to get them in right? Is not like bipeds gather the eggs using the bucket, they put them in after getting them with their hand.

What can I say? I'm just a big smart dragon that can read and write stories into thin shards with my claw carefully, but too stupid to pick up an egg. Pity.

Jokes aside, yes, I udnerstand that the devs meant it to be a biped unique feature so they need tools and the trading skills between races should be used to ask people around for help, but still. If you get to think about it, it is a bit dumb to give dragons so mutch wit and power, and then not being able to pick up an egg.
    Holy Dragons of Istaria!!!

I love this post! The detail is.... just awesome Lol

But indeed, aside from just eggs etc, community needs a swift kick sometimes I think. Some of the new incoming players and even some of the old have forgotten what community is and how it's supposed to work.

We need to get it together Istaria, Work together more.

Unsung hero quest, is one that requires bipeds and dragons to work together. Onidryss part of the quest. next we have Crystals. we lost the ability to use crystals that were dropped and gain effects from them, so that dragons could make use of crystalshaping school, to sell us bipeds crystals to add damage types. I know there are a few more things Bipeds need dragons for, but atm I can not think of them.

But I agree, add more things

Blog Entries

I live and play in a real massively multiplayer world, but that doesn't mean I want to have to rely on other people for everything I do (or even a significant portion of 'everything').

While I agree that current state does not adequately take into account the realities of current player numbers, I very much disagree with the "depend on others or go home" perspective.

Rather, solo play should take longer but still be possible. Sure, reward grouping at higher rate, but don't make it impossible for those who play for themselves (i.e., not 'selfishly', more like 'prefer solitude').

Dependencies should feel natural; I should have to rely on bi-pedal crafting classes as that creates economy. But I should also have an option (albeit arduous or costly) to do it myself. This allows me to progress even if/when no one is available to help. That's actually important to me.
    Bherel Auphun (Chaos - main)
    Roasted Sumatra (Chaos)

Sassi Quickwing (Blight)
    [Beryl, house of the Kindred Spirits, Dawn Server, R.I.P.]

Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Dependencies should feel natural; I should have to rely on bi-pedal crafting classes as that creates economy. But I should also have an option (albeit arduous or costly) to do it myself. This allows me to progress even if/when no one is available to help. That's actually important to me.
    There always is the option of making your own biped if you want to be ENTIRELY self-sufficient. Depending on the extent of usefulness you want it could be a long process (Grand Master Crafter) or if you just want to be able craft a few things (like t5 potions and scrolls), it could only take a few weeks of craft grinding to get you there. In the case of egg gathering, it'll take you maybe an hour at most to have that need crossed off your list forever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    There always is the option of making your own biped if you want to be ENTIRELY self-sufficient. Depending on the extent of usefulness you want it could be a long process (Grand Master Crafter) or if you just want to be able craft a few things (like t5 potions and scrolls), it could only take a few weeks of craft grinding to get you there. In the case of egg gathering, it'll take you maybe an hour at most to have that need crossed off your list forever.
    I understand that, but that isn't really relevant to the point; the issue as framed is "How much self-sufficiency is reasonable in an MMO game?"

Ultimately, it's Virtrium's decision, but I'd like to think that the realities of play-style fluidity (i.e., people like to change it up and part of that includes being able to solo when they prefer it), being a little more open to it would be the wiser course.

At the moment, I greatly prefer solo play. Not because I dislike people, but because I play to de-stress, unwind, and frankly, grouping tends to be just the opposite of that for me.

(I spend my work days as facilitator and problem solver; helping large groups of people or companies figure out what the market wants, how to best meet that want, and how to balance a product/service between conflicting wants. Having to do the same things in a game just isn't attractive to me all the time. Some of the time, yes. Not all.)
    Bherel Auphun (Chaos - main)
    Roasted Sumatra (Chaos)

Sassi Quickwing (Blight)
    [Beryl, house of the Kindred Spirits, Dawn Server, R.I.P.]

I understand the desire for solo play, but solo play =/= one character. You could quite literally get everything in the game done with only two characters if it's a dragon and a biped.

Based on your signature, it looks like you have multiple characters already so adding a biped to that mix wouldn't prevent you from being able to get everything done on your own.

Spyro The Dragon Video Game Help!!?
    I am so close to finishing the 2nd game of Spyro...I'm only two eggs away!! The last two eggs are in the speedway worlds when you have to race the seagulls and biplanes.I keep on coming in first place every time and the game will just not give me my egg. I am frustrated. Can someone please help...thanks!! :-)
    Update: once I come in first and sometimes get the best time, the game says to try again. If I click yes, it starts the race over again, and if I click no, it goes back to sparks asking me what I want to play. All I want is my egg. :-(

Hi there Zions,

I think you may be a little confused, because this is a forum thread for the game Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted, and has nothing to do with the original Spyro games.

Racing the seagulls and biplanes are from Spyro: Year of the Dragon, which is the third game, by the way, not the second. You may have the eggs already from coming in first and beating the races. In that game, there are other eggs you can get from the speedway levels. Hunter is hidden in each area - here is the guide for Harbor Speedway (seagulls) and the one for Country Speedway (biplanes). If you're playing some of the very original versions of the game, it appears there's a bug that can prevent the eggs from registering as completed - you can read about that here.

I imagine you are welcome to ask our community for help, but perhaps in the General Off Topic posts section rather than a suggestion thread. Otherwise, your posts will likely get removed for being off-topic.

Good luck.

Probably way way to much ... fluf but when dragons first start we are called hatchlings would it not make sense for our first steps in the world be in like a Cave with npcs breathing fire around the nest to incubate us ? it could be a cute animation to actually have us hatch or partially hatch while on the training island.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information