Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Talk to the Team: Invasions

  1. #21

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Invasions

    An idea came to mind...

    It looks like there is a pretty even number of people who want tokens and people who want the items to drop from the creatures.

    How about we make a compromise and add in a chance to drop plus the token grind?

    That way it would give the players an option of how they want to go about collecting their item.

    For example you may start a hunt to find an item but you don't get it and then you get enough tokens for it while you are hunting, but during the hunt, you find another item you had wanted.

    On the flip side, you start a grind for tokens for an item on your list, but you get the item in the drop and then you can buy another different type of item.

    I don't think I can really see how that would be a problem. Aside from the fact of the people that would complain about their items being devalued.

    Honestly though...

    Why care about the value of an item, when it seems a lot more fun for everyone to have a chance to have any item?

    Aside from those that want to think they are special for being an old-time player and want to keep other players from getting things they have.

    For the record, not insulting anyone, just making a statement.

    Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.08 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 206 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

  2. #22

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Invasions

    Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    An idea came to mind...

    It looks like there is a pretty even number of people who want tokens and people who want the items to drop from the creatures.

    How about we make a compromise and add in a chance to drop plus the token grind?

    That way it would give the players an option of how they want to go about collecting their item.

    For example you may start a hunt to find an item but you don't get it and then you get enough tokens for it while you are hunting, but during the hunt, you find another item you had wanted.

    On the flip side, you start a grind for tokens for an item on your list, but you get the item in the drop and then you can buy another different type of item.

    I don't think I can really see how that would be a problem. Aside from the fact of the people that would complain about their items being devalued.

    Honestly though...

    Why care about the value of an item, when it seems a lot more fun for everyone to have a chance to have any item?

    Aside from those that want to think they are special for being an old-time player and want to keep other players from getting things they have.

    For the record, not insulting anyone, just making a statement.
    Well the one problem I find with making items to easy to obtain is you devalue crafting.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

  3. #23

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Invasions

    I've always enjoyed the thrill of it. The RP too is fun. I love this idea Amon! Looking forward to participating to the invasions. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Solitaire resident of Vella Island
    Posts
    183

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Invasions

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Well the one problem I find with making items to easy to obtain is you devalue crafting.
    What's the point of having value on an item? Its possible to get it anyway. So for me value is not important at all.
    Not like those items were bought by real money or anything.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Invasions

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Multi day invasions sounds to me like a live event. Live events are incredibly difficult to prepare and execute. It is difficult to require that much of a time commitment, very difficult to organize, and implementing one would mean not working on other content updates. Single one-off invasions seem more valid and achievable to me.
    yes true as that is Amon you still have community who wants to interact with you guys which most mmo devs cut them selves from the community.. Im looking at you everquest.. and wow..

    But.. you could start small.. have invasions at certian levels so the new players dont feel left out. I can see lots of item drops from this.. bronze weapons and such.. and other loot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazo View Post
    What's the point of having value on an item? Its possible to get it anyway. So for me value is not important at all.
    Not like those items were bought by real money or anything.
    hah.. Craft stuff will always be better in general, were talking about basic stuff you get from the npc stores XD
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..


  6. #26

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Invasions

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    One of the things we'd like to begin making wider use of is organized invasions. Ludwik has been invading and fighting the Gifted, but he has been making use of existing Epic bosses. We're attempting to organize other monsters of similar difficulty but a variety of factions from the Withered Aegis to do invasions... perhaps make use of Heralds again (as we did back with the Satyr Island events of 2004), resource blighting that invasions can do, and perhaps new invasion/AI features later this year.
    Ohhhhh Please do this
    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    One concern remains, however, and that is the concept of rewards. Why should you, as players, fight the invasions if not for decent rewards?
    Correct me if im wrong but there is several game mechanics in play to make non brawlers like my self Pick up there weapons and fight. The main being if we don't we loose the city such as NT the Lesser consequences are Ports being disabled and need to be "Rebuilt" Im as old as the dirt we stand on in this game over 3XXX Days and years of playing time . I was raised in the Time of mystery and danger around every corner Not some petting zoo of withered ages. It was my duty as a citizen of the community to fight and defend if only to draw argo off players that could actually do damage .

    So one way to get people to take up arms again is to make the Danger "Real" but with increased risk should come Increased rewards. Im seeing a growing trend here in the use of "Tokens" Being some one who wants to work for his titles and ability How bout a Rare drop of something called a "Token of the past " allowing new people the "Chance" with a lot of hard work to "Research " *quest* For lost knowledge. Note this is something you should fight hard and Prove your self to the empire to get like 50 tokens of the past to reactivate the Demon scream epic spell shown in one of the trailers . (The one that begins with "Wisdom had given us strength ".)

    Additionally you could reengage the Void tires (3 and 4 ) this way make use of the Npcs in tazoon ect

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    We would also like to distinguish invasion rewards from Epic rewards since they should involve separate creatures and separate efforts.
    I like this Idea but since we are resurrecting old items and Putting a few new shiny pieces in you will need to have a great many tokens to just get one this could become a balancing nightmare .

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Here are some ideas we've had for rewards:
    *adding in epic spells and techs for advanced warriors
    * Old Gear that is no longer available - Mace of Divine Intervention, Gnerph Bat, Reed Whistle, and so forth.
    * Imperial Gear - There is a line of gear called "Imperial" gear in the database that has never been released.
    * Set Items - We have the capability to create "sets" of items similar to the T3 Sets of many years ago (for those who aren't familiar, think sets in Diablo 2 and 3. When multiple pieces are equipped you gain additional bonuses). We could introduce more of these.
    * Old Crystals - Light and Dark crystals
    Your thoughts ?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

  7. #27

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Invasions

    Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    ... I was raised in the Time of mystery and danger around every corner Not some petting zoo of withered ages...
    LOL!! That was perfect. :)

    I remember some of the old invasions where some teleport destinations went disabled... so, say attack on Aughundell was underway, trying to port there you saw "Unavailable" on any ring that could port there... So you ported someplace else close, and ran in to the fray... If things like this could be built into the new automated invasion system, would be a good immersion factor.

    Also, npc's such a pawn brokers and consigners could have some interactions/animations associated with invasion events.. such as cowering in the corner and not accepting trades, running away, or fighting and dying. Though I gather this is probably too much for the system to accomplish. At least not right away.

    One thing that should be changed/fixed, is the permissions resetting on player owned npc's when the npc dies and either self respawns or is ressed. The permissions get set to Deny-all, and it stays that way until the weekly maintenance, or the plot owner resets the permissions.. So something about the bootup process of the simulation applies permissions properly to player owned npc's, but being ressed or self-spawning does not. If this could be fixed, could just let those npc's die during invasions. They would return to normal once ressed with no impairment to functionality. This lone bug was the one annoyance of our old "drag Fafnir all the way to Bristugo" events we used to do...

    As far as rewards.. if any new Epic spells were made possible rewards for events, they should function the same way that volcano does... i.e. no race or school restrictions. A skill restriction would be ok. Banshee for Dragons?!?!? :) That one would need a slight change to the position of the summoned apparition, as it currently spawns right on the player. That works ok for bipeds, it just envelopes them. But on Dragons it wouldn't really fit...


  8. #28

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Invasions

    Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    LOL!! That was perfect. :)

    I remember some of the old invasions where some teleport destinations went disabled... so, say attack on Aughundell was underway, trying to port there you saw "Unavailable" on any ring that could port there... So you ported someplace else close, and ran in to the fray... If things like this could be built into the new automated invasion system, would be a good immersion factor.



    I remember Four Live events in my time here one was ran during the dark days of EI * Cringes *

    But the ones that where executed Properly was ran by tugla and the devs of current . I remember one time when i was new there was a server announcement "Dralk is under attack Dragons come defend your home" . Now Imagine epi in a hachling version reporting for duty and seeing a lv 100 bloodmage running after him ... ahhh the good old days :D
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

  9. #29

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Invasions

    Waaaay off-topic. Steer it back please. This thread is about rewards for fighting invasions, not about invasion mechanics. Very little of invasions can be automated and I don't know if any will be in the future either (plus, its super easy to come up with tons of wild and awesome ideas for automating invasions, but thats not what this thread was about).

    What i'd like to consider, though, is some reason (i.e. reward) for players fighting off the invasions. Hence the original post.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

    Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

  10. #30

    Default Re: Talk to the Team: Invasions

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Waaaay off-topic. Steer it back please. This thread is about rewards for fighting invasions, not about invasion mechanics. Very little of invasions can be automated and I don't know if any will be in the future either (plus, its super easy to come up with tons of wild and awesome ideas for automating invasions, but thats not what this thread was about).

    What i'd like to consider, though, is some reason (i.e. reward) for players fighting off the invasions. Hence the original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post


    So one way to get people to take up arms again is to make the Danger "Real" but with increased risk should come Increased rewards. Im seeing a growing trend here in the use of "Tokens" Being some one who wants to work for his titles and ability How bout a Rare drop of something called a "Token of the past " allowing new people the "Chance" with a lot of hard work to "Research " *quest* For lost knowledge. Note this is something you should fight hard and Prove your self to the empire to get like 50 tokens of the past to reactivate the Demon scream epic spell shown in one of the trailers . (The one that begins with "Wisdom had given us strength ".)

    Additionally you could reengage the Void tires (3 and 4 ) this way you can make use of the Npcs in tazoon ect

    As I stated before , One way to ensure activity is to actually make a risk benefit factor

    Risk= the loss and functionality of ports npc and machines Not to mention the town becoming blighted and burned/ destroyed untill a successful counter attack and Subsequently the purification of said town . Note you can also use tier appropriate anchors with this idea.

    Reward= the town survives with its buildings intact with a bit of damaged nothing to bad to repair . Rare Loot from the past Like Primal vengance Banshee Demon blast assorted armor scourge gear random Rare tier appropriate components .

    ***Edit ***
    The Drops of rare loot from the past should be just about if not harder then the drops of Valcor components of old be sadistic with this }:> but keep it in the realm of possibility like 3 per event make them attuned upon loot . that kind of thing

    ***End Edit ***
    Again make the danger real if we loose 1 or 2 city s that's our fault for not taking the threat seriously and will proct counter attacks and world rebuild projects
    Last edited by lightning claw; June 23rd, 2016 at 02:54 PM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Talk to the Team: Scrolls
    By AmonGwareth in forum Talk to the team
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 9th, 2018, 12:53 PM
  2. Talk to the Team: Healer
    By AmonGwareth in forum Talk to the team
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: September 26th, 2017, 12:28 AM
  3. Talk to the Team: Ambrosia
    By AmonGwareth in forum Talk to the team
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2017, 05:22 PM
  4. Talk to the Team: Cleric
    By AmonGwareth in forum Talk to the team
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: May 3rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
  5. Talk to the Team: Sorcerer
    By AmonGwareth in forum Talk to the team
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: July 10th, 2013, 08:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •