Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Basic Schools (Levels 1 to 10)

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Basic Schools (Levels 1 to 10)

Other changes fro the next patch.

• Mage

• Enhanced Flame Bolt I is now received at level 1 (was 2)
      • Engulf I is now received at level 3 (was 4)
      • Burn Armor I is now received at level 5 (was 3)
      • Mage’s Maddening Trick I is now received at level 10 (was 6)
      • Burnout I is now received at level 7 (was 10) and has a recycle of 40 seconds (down from 50)
      • Coordinated Flame Bolt I now has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 3 minutes)

• Cleric

• Smash I is now received at level 1 (was 4)
      • Instant Heal I is now received at level 3 (was 2) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45)
      • Power Strike I is now received at level 5 (was 7)
      • Magic Crush is now received at level 7 (was 6) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45)
      • Coordinated Strike I is now received at level 11 (was 9)
      • Protectorate is now received at level 9 (was 3)

• Scout

• Power Shot I is now received at level 1 (was 2)
      • Long Shot I is now received at level 3 (was 4) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 60)
      • New ability, Blinding Shot, received at level 5. 30 second recycle, causes Blinded (10 second debuff that reduces the target’s to-hit by 50%).
      • Pinion I is now received at level 7 (was 6), has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45).
      • Pinion’s debuff is now known as Pinned, lasts for 5 seconds (down from 20), and is a root instead of a speed modifier.
      • Heart Seeker I is now received at level 9 (was 10) and has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 3 minutes)
      • Coordinated Shot I is now received at level 10 (was 9) and has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 90)
      • Staple Shot now recycles every 45 seconds (down from 2 minutes)

• Dragon

• Refreshing Breeze I now has a recycle of 90 seconds (down from 3 minutes).
      • Galewind I now has a recycle of 45 seconds (down from 60)
      • New ability, Coordinated Breath I, received at level 10. 60 second recycle, fire-based breath attack, consumes 100 hoard per use.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you Amon--that will help. Another step to support new players.

*Instant Heal I is now received at level 3 (was 2) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45)*

Is this a typo or by intention?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Thank you Amon--that will help. Another step to support new players.

*Instant Heal I is now received at level 3 (was 2) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45)*

Is this a typo or by intention?
    On purpose

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Other changes fro the next patch.

[*]New ability, Coordinated Breath I, received at level 10. 60 second recycle, fire-based breath attack, consumes 100 hoard per use.
    Amon awesome job but could we quest for this breath attack ? Like go kill the Huntress spider or the fire golem in Kion volcano or any one of the roaming skeletons in Lesser adroth ?

If it came down to a vote Mine would be for the fire critter If we are Focusing our breath attack we should half to face a Fire based critter and retrieve his essence

***Edit ***
    I Kill fire wisps
    II Kill Fire golem
    III I dont know any fire based critters at this tier Hes not fire based but his gem is Red like fire Pyrex Jasper golem
    IV Pick one Its Dralk lol
    V Named beatle in fire island or Ravanger
    VI Suthrum

Your thoughts ?
    Last edited by lightning claw; June 24th, 2016 at 04:33 PM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I'd rather not have a quest for it as I don't want to write another quest at this time and I think it should be automatic so that Dragons are part of the coordinated system as well.

Just thought of a kinda fiery based critter Red mini sogs forgot what they are called anyway they can be modified to do fire damage and they have decent combat ability's for that level
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

So then our Breath of fire will become linked with ?

Anyone had a chance to evaluate these changes and new abilities on Blight?

Not me, but I have found a bug as Im playing a Biped for the first time on Order, can there be anything done about the capacity of the peds? With all the weapons/tools the npcs give you at the beginning, at some trainning crafter quests you're asked to gather +70 resources, which is impossible unless you throw some given tools/weapons/armor away. Can there be given a sack or slightly increase capacity for them at the beginning to be able to get the materials needed without throwing needed stuff away? I mean, you can still get them back from the npcs again but its unpleasant for the beginners. Also, the blacksmith quest at new Trismus that asks you to go speak with the Scout trainer to make her bows, its bugged. Once you talk to the saris scout, the quest progress wont move, you are still at the "speak with the scout trainer" already finished, and no next step given. I have tried dropping and getting the quest 2 but nothing changes so far.

Thats all I could see for now, if I get any more errors along my way or dificulties, I may post it.

And sorry if this not exactly the reply for this thread but its kinda about basics too.

I've tried out some of the earlier levels on blight so far, not in all schools yet but just based on the spirit isle quests, it does seem to play a bit smoother since as a general rule, you have more capability to do damage earlier in all the schools rather than debuffs and the like. Did notice that some of the spirit isle quests don't quite match up with the levels you get the abilities now but it's not really a problem since you get the abilities earlier than the quests would ask for them.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

For those finding inconsistencies between when you can get a quest versus when you get a certain ability on the current blight build, the quests are currently being looked over and corrected where necessary, there are a few where you might be required to be a level or two higher than when you can get the quest.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Some more thoughts... been thinking about survivability and enjoyment of the game at the first 10 levels. will be looking at increasing new player health, but in addition what do folks think about a second round of level 1-10 changes:

Cleric
    - Increase Smash damage from +3 to +5, 50% chance of giving a 15s debuff that causes -25 crush resistance
    - Instant Heal does better healing while in Green stance
    - Move Green Stance from level 5 to level 3
    - Raise damage on Power strike from +5 to +8, increases damage in Red Stance by 10% (rather than +5)
    - Change Dispirit Foe to alter speed of melee/ranged/spell attacks (including specials), effect has a min school level (10) that should be removed

Mage
    - Rename Enhanced Flame Bolt to Fireball. It will “burn” the target, giving it a debuff that, while active, will cause other flame spells (Flame Bolt, Fiery Strike, Flame Bomb, etc) to do additional (+10%) damage. do more damage in red stance
    - Rename Safety to Magic Shell, make it give ethereal armor as well
    - Rename Burn Armor to Singe, make it do damage up front, and change flame resistance reduction from -22 to -25, do more flame reduction in blue stance
    - Swap Engulf and Singe
    - Move Blue stance from level 5 to level 3
    - Rename Melee Ward to Androgos' Armor, raises its effect from +11 to +17
    - Rename Burnout to "Affinity to Flame"

Scout
    - Increase Power Shot damage from +7 to +10, do 10% more damage in red stance (rather than +5)
    - Swap Scout's Block (level 3) with Dodge (level 8)
    - Increase Long Shots damage bonus to +7
    - Move Blue Stance to level 3 (from level 5)

Warrior
    - Raise damage on Power strike from +5 to +8, increases damage in Red Stance by 10% (rather than +5)
    - Move Red Stance to level 3 from 5
    - Rend Armor does +5 damage in addition to base, 10% more armor reduction in green stance
    - Defensive Style's recycle to 30s (from 90)

I would say anything that helps new players is good. Im always seeing new players asking either what are they doing wrong or what can they hunt as a lvl (pick a lvl between 5 to 20) cause everything their level is too tough for them.

I like those changes, having just recently taken a new Mage up into the 20s and a new Warrior into the 40s.

Seriously, the biggest problem I have is once I get past level 14-15. Things start hitting harder and armor just doesn't seem to help. In fact, when I'm playing my level 41 Warrior, whether I'm in Cargo Armor or full Platemail, I'm toast against low level 30s mobs. My Mage fairs just about as well, wearing Padded armor - it's like the platemail armor doesn't even help.

I realize I can start multi-classing and gain abilities or spells from other schools to help, but I kind of wanted to see what it was like to take a single-class character to 100. Not sure I can do it and remain sane :)

Those mage changes look really nice, especially the +10% flame damage. Like that the stances are being used again too.

Hopefully that +10% damage can be added to all the future versions of Enhanced Flame Bolt(Fireball).

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Like that the stances are being used again too.
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Mage
    - Rename Burn Armor to Singe, make it do damage up front, and change flame resistance reduction from -22 to -25, do more flame reduction in blue stance
    My biggest issue (honestly) is renaming Burn Armor to Singe. Because...i'll get very confused with the flame spell Sear, ahaha. Rename instead to Incinerate (personally think it fits better - attacks then burns away armor, while being totally distinct from other abilties/spells/etc name-wise.)

Everything else I fully support !

Random thoughts on levels 11-20 on the basic four schools. Some of this is just taking the changes in level 1-10 and extending them.

Cleric Levels 11-20
    - Instant Heal 2 has recycle of 30s (down from 45s) and does better healing while in Green Stance
    - Smash 2 damage from +8 to +10, 50% chance of giving 15s debuff that causes -50 crush resistance
    - Coordinated Strike 2 recycle to 60s (from 90s)
    - Healing Adept, why is the lower end 0?
    - Shield Stance duration to 1 hour (from 30 min)
    - Smash 2 to level 11
    - Defend Other 1 to level 15, incoming damage reduced by 25% while in shield stance, recycle from 60s to 5s, will defend against melee/ranged
    - Combat Stance: red to level 6
    - Shield Stance to level 13
    - Protectorate to level 13, incoming damage reduced by 25% while in shield stance, recycle from 45s to 30s

Mage Level 11-20
    - Enhanced Flame Bolt 2 renamed to Fireball. Will give debuff that while active will cause other flame spells to do 10% more damage, will do more damage while in red stance.
    - Group Ice Defense to level 14
    - Group Flame Defense to level 11, give +52 flame resistance (like group ice defense)
    - Combat Stance: red to level 12
    - Combat Stance Green to level 6
    - Multicast 1 recycle from 300s to 180s
    - Safety 2 rename to Magic Shell, give ethereal armor
    - Coordinated flame Bolt 2 recycle from 180s to 60s

Scout Level 11-20
    - Combat Stance Red to level 6
    - Combat Stance Green to level 12
    - Power Shot 2 to level 11, damage from +14 to +20, do 10% more damage in red stance
    - Coordinated Shot 2 recycle from 90s to 60s
    - Long Shot 2 to level 13, recycle from 60s to 30s, damage bonus from +10 to +14
    - Blinding Shot 2 at level 15, 30s recycle, not masterable, blue stance does 110% damage, -55% chance to hit for 10s

Warrior Level 11-20
    - Power Strike 2 to level 11, damage from +10 to +16, increases damage in red stance by 10%
    - Negate Attack 2 altered to become Heroic Shout 2
    - Green Stance to level 6
    - Blue Stance to level 12
    - Distract 1 to level 15, recycle to 60s (from 300s), incoming damage reduced by 25% while in shield stance, will defend against melee/ranged
    - Coordinated Strike 2 recycle to 60s (from 90s)
    - Shield Stance to level 15
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 20th, 2016 at 12:17 PM.

And so that folks don't think I'm ignoring Dragons...

Dragon Level 1-10

• Claw Strike 1 does 10% more damage in red stance (instead of +5), +8 instead of +5 additional damage
    • Bite 1 does 10% additional damage in Red Stance
    • Galewind 1 does 10% more damage in Green Stance
    • Refreshing Breeze 1 recycles every 60s (down from 90s), heals 10% more while in Blue Stance

Dragon Levels 11-20

• Menacing Presence, 25% reduction in incoming damage while in Blue Stance
    • Claw Strike 2 does 10% more damage in Red stance (instead of +10), +16 instead of +10 additional damage
    • Bite 2 does 10% additional damage in Red Stance
    • Allowance of Power 1 recycles every 60s (down from 90s)
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 20th, 2016 at 01:12 PM. Reason: galewind not grazing winds

Time to learn stance-dancing I guess :)

I love these changes. Making combat a bit more interesting can always help :)

Thread Information