Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talk to the Team: Basic Schools (Levels 1 to 10)

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Basic Schools (Levels 1 to 10)

Looks like iam going to have to find space for 3 more hotkeys xD nice change.

Looks good :)

Some ideas for Druid

• Growth I now recycles every 30 seconds (down from 60), is received at level 5, and gives Greater Growth I while in Green Stance.
    • Growth I buff is now known as Lesser Growth I. Both Lesser and Greater Growth I have a duration of 30 seconds (down from 60) and pulse every 5 seconds (down from 6).
    • Instant Heal I is now received at level 3
    • Green Stance is now received at level 3
    • Smash 1 is received at level 1
    • Blue Stance is received at level 6
    • Nature’s Fury now recycles every 60 seconds (down from 90)
    • Cloak of Thorns is received at level 8
    • Petrify is received at level 6
    • Coordinated Lightning Bolt I now recycles every 60 seconds (down from 180)
    Some ideas for Monk:

• Ki Strike at level 1 (instead of 4), does 10% more damage in red stance
    • Evasion Boost I at level 2 (instead of 3)
    • Chain Attack I at level 4 (instead of 2), recycles every 45s (down from 60s), does more damage in red stance
    • Red Stance at level 3 (instead of 15)
    • Foresight recycle to 30s (down from 60s),
    • Critical Strike I at level 6 (instead of 8),
    • Mind Over Body I at level 8 (instead of 10), heals more in Blue Stance
    • Blue Stance at 8 (instead of 5)
    • Coordinated STrike I at level 10 (instead of 9)
    • Green Stance at 15 (instead of 10)
    Some ideas for Spiritist:

• Syphon 1 - Move to level 1, 30s recycle, does more damage in red stance
    • Bare Soul I - Move to level 2, 15s recycle, debuff renamed to Bared Soul, change ward to resistance, increase from -10 to -25, does more to resistance in blue stance
    • Blue Stance to level 3
    • Soul Shock - 30s recycle, add ablative so breaks if hit 5 times
    • Soul Link - Move to level 5, recycle 45s
    • Allocate Health - Move to level 7, 15s recycle, if in green stance transfer 4x health but only lasts 2 minutes, otherwise do normal 10min duration and 2x transfer
    • Coordinated spirit Bolt - Recycle 60s, move to level 10
    • Green Stance to 8 (from level 10)
    • Stinger I - move to level 8, recycle 30s, +5 to +7 damage, 10% more while in red stance

Last edited by AmonGwareth; November 18th, 2016 at 05:50 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I like seeing the regens do more in specific stances. Will these bonuses apply to others that we buff? Or is Growth being changed to self only? Will they change apply to the group cast Growth?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMage View Post
    I like seeing the regens do more in specific stances. Will these bonuses apply to others that we buff? Or is Growth being changed to self only? Will they change apply to the group cast Growth?
    What you see is what you get. There aren't any proposed changes other than what I listed.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Could you explain please what "coordinated" means when used for various attacks. I have never found an answer to this question.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    Could you explain please what "coordinated" means when used for various attacks. I have never found an answer to this question.
    It means that every other coordinated attack used will have boosted damage, so player A uses coordinated strike, and it does normal damage, but if player B uses coordinated breath in the next few seconds (I cannot recall the time window you have, but it should say on the ability), they'll do extra damage.

It's propably one of the few if not only party oriented attacks.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Well, I have tried using the coordinated many times with other players and haven't seen any noticeable improvement, as others mentioned above.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Instead of removing sense enemies and sense friends (true, I never use these), perhaps they could be improved, joined into a single sense ability, and generates floating red (enemies) and green (friends) visible lines/pointers that hover in space? so at 45 degrees above the players line of sight, and out in front of the player, a small invisible circle is the anchor for pointers that go outward from it with color coded lines. So that you get an at a glance representation of the placement of both enemies and friends in your vicinity, including those that might be behind the player. The farther away the enemy/player is, the line can be both fainter and longer, with perhaps 1/3 the screen width being the max length of those lines, and shorter when the mob is closer. After using the abilities, they get the popup representation of enemies and friends placements, and it fades after a few seconds.
    How about making it similar to when you select an enemy? Make a thin (smaller than the actual selection beam) red or green beam of light shoot into the sky like a shrine light appear on the enemies within a radius. It can be visible to other players, as it could be a visible debuff called "Sighted" or something (the light beam). Maybe it could be more easily implemented that way. Red = enemy, green = player, purple = very dangerous mob or something like an epic or very high level lol. Just a thought. :)
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    If the attack had both an overall boost plus a boost to the effectiveness of the effect that lands on the target, it would be good.

In fact, if the effect on the target increased ALL incoming damage, not just damage from a coordinated attack ability, would instantly become useful in all forms. (probably wishful thinking)
    I have a suggestion, what if there could be an extra effect if a player's coordinated attack hit when the debuff from another player's coordinated attack was active on the enemy? I don't have the time to think/type my ideas down, maybe someone could branch off of this? Aside from a general % increase in damage, I think there should be a second effect, too. It would make the ability more worthwhile, especially in groups, and would promote grouping with bipeds and dragons alike.
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

So, these changes have now been on the live shards for a few months (with the exception of Monk, that is on blight in test, and Spiritist, which is coming next content update). Has anyone had a chance to try them out? How does it feel compared to before? Does it play okay?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    So, these changes have now been on the live shards for a few months (with the exception of Monk, that is on blight in test, and Spiritist, which is coming next content update). Has anyone had a chance to try them out? How does it feel compared to before? Does it play okay?
    I can only respond to a couple of bits to this... so where applicable, I'll state my comments. I'd lost track of the changes

Mage: cannot answer... I've not played a low level mage in an exceptionally long time, nor do I have one, at least, not one that is unarchived...

Cleric: Since I've been playing a Paladin Saris, I can answer some of this a bit better. :D (although she's advanced a lot since)

Having Smash more or less instantly accessible upon entering the school really helped out AND mastering it in only one level is just great. It gave me a lovely extra move right at the start for all my multi-classing.

Instant Heal's cooldown being reduced also significantly helped as well, although I wasn't too happy having to wait an extra level to get it... would have been nice to keep getting it at an early level.

I didn't notice power strike at the time, because I'd already had Warrior pretty high so its higher version was actually accessible.

I also didn't notice the extra level of waiting for Magic Crush, but I did notice the cooldown change, and certainly appreciated that!

Again, with Coordinated Strike... I'd already had the higher one from my warrior class, so didn't notice it.

Losing out on Protectorate though did hurt a bit... I was doing quests with another low level player and thought I'd have the ability... but couldn't properly 'protect' them. I'd suggest considering giving that ability at a lower level again.

Scout: I didn't get to really test this one out, as I already had a 100 Scout, so I'll give information regarding the abilities that I HAVE used.

Long Shot's recycle reduction is a blessing, one of the best changes made to that class. When hunting with friends, being able to use that ability more often and drawing foes to us in a more steady stream (while we could keep up with them anyhow...) really helped with group leveling.

I'm about 50/50 on the changes to Pinion though.... The recycle reduction, yes, definitely good!

However, I feel the 'root' duration is way too short. The original 20 second duration was better, because it allowed me to set up combinations, despite the fact they were constantly approaching. With the 5 second one... it only gives me the chance to get off one other move, usually, before the enemy is speeding at me again.

I LOVE how it was changed to a root instead of a speed reduction, stopping a foe dead in its tracks to allow me to reposition or withdraw closer to my allies while either casting a support/debuff spell or trying to prepare for a combination helps.

Heart Seeker, I don't really have any complaints here, and the lower recycle is much more helpful too.

The same also goes for coordinated shot, and staple shot. All coordinated attacks shouldn't have a 90 second recycle... 30 to 60 seconds is much better in my opinion. I'd try to ask for a little more of a recycle reduction for staple shot... how about 40 seconds? Just that little edge more in 'controlling' a foe for a crippling combination or team attack is very helpful.

Dragon:

Refreshing Breeze. Super healing at a more frequent rate? It's fantastic! It certainly gives you the opportunity to have more than one chance to turn around a bad fight.

Galewind... I cannot really comment on this, as I generally try to avoid using hoard moves as much as possible... I am, after all, trying to get to 1 trillion hoard! I only use my hoard moves in dire emergencies, that includes Refreshing Breeze too. Mostly I use my massive number of DoTs to wear down and destroy my foes. I can, however, say that any cooldown reduction is a good thing!

Coordinated Breath, again, a hoard ability, so I try to avoid using it. HOWEVER! While on my bipeds, I have fought with dragons that have used this move and it's... remarkably powerful and I LOVE using my Coordinated Strike X on a Shredded Armor enemy that has just been hit with Coordinated Breath. This move deserves a full line, all the way to X, please consider it.
    Last edited by Litarath; March 30th, 2017 at 11:21 AM.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Litarath, thank you for the feedback! Fantastic.

One note from the Delta 295 patch notes currently in testing on blight: "
    • Pinion’s debuff, Pinned, now lasts 15 seconds (up from 5 seconds)."

Enjoy!

Things I've noticed are:
    Shortened recycles on instant heals, really nice.

Tried the co-ordinated flame breath on my ancient, the dmg was too low to make it worth using. My hatchy is lvl 100 already. So not able to really test it too well. I still think these could become useful. The extra damage for subsequent attacks might need a boost though.

I actually do use Galewind occasionally now, when I want an aoe. a bit more damage and aoe size would still help.

I've got a level 18 cleric that I played around with fairly recently, I do like getting smash earlier, and the shorter cooldowns are definitely nice. One minor complaint though: you get smash, magic crush, coordinated strike, and power strike as really your only damage options outside of auto-attacking at that point. And 3/4 are linked so you only get to hit 2 buttons before you go back to waiting while you auto-attack and heal.

I understand that Cleric is less of a damaging class and more of a defense/support class but if un-linking those abilities is possible, that would make it a more active experience at least.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Litarath, thank you for the feedback! Fantastic.

One note from the Delta 295 patch notes currently in testing on blight: "
    • Pinion’s debuff, Pinned, now lasts 15 seconds (up from 5 seconds)."

Enjoy!
    An addendum to my analysis.

Since I hadn't really tried out Blinding Shot, I shifted back to my Scout class (sorry Amon, I'd been training in Ranger, so was mostly using what I had available in Ranger) I also overlooked a comparison between Staple Shot and Pinion. I noticed that Staple Shot only lasts about 10 seconds.

Would the team be willing to consider upping that duration a bit as well? To make it as long as or maybe a little longer than Pinion? Say either 15 secs or 20 secs for Staple Shot. I'd say as much for many of the same reasons I was only about 50/50 on Pinion.

Blinding Shot has proven helpful against all manner of foes, but in particular, ranged ones. I'm not sure if you planned on any further upgrades for it, but I'd like to encourage them! Personally, I'd like to see a longer duration on its effect as well, that could prove helpful!

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

In general, I like the looks of many things listed here. but I still have to stand against using stances. they were annoying when first put in.. removed because it was annoying to keep up with (when monsters would change stance mid-fight) and never proved to be "that" beneficial. All the colored stances are disabled by rapid fire stance as a ranger. So other than that.. I love the sounds of nearly all info posted here. I like what's been put in so far

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

The Monk changes were recently added to live, and they seem to have broken Foresight. It seems to work substantially less than 80% of the time. Didn't it used to work nearly all or all of the time? Some of us learned the monsters' attack patterns and used Foresight so that we could prevent the most damaging attacks. If the Foresight failure rate was increased to offset a faster recycle time, that is poor trade-off; it removes depth and learning from the game. For some of us, mastering the complex parts of the game keeps us amused. If you remove them, we have less reason to come to Istaria.

If Monk needs something like the current Foresight early in the game, could you add a masterable advanced version that reliably blocks (but might have a long recycle) at a higher level (like 18 or 20)?
    --
    Daulnay
    Tamlis Askereth, Saris, Order
    Thorncloud Moonskimmer, Dragon, Order

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Some ideas for Spiritist:
    Bare Soul I - Move to level 2, 15s recycle, debuff renamed to Bared Soul, change ward to resistance, increase from -10 to -25, does more to resistance in blue stance
    This isn't a fair change for Spiritists, and it also removes one of their better abilities.
    First, -10 Ward is to both Spirit and Blight. Changing them both to resistances is less valuable because few blight spells do damage; most of those are DoTs, making -resistance even less useful. Blight's main strength is debuffing the opponent, not damage.
    So, -20 worth of wards is not equivalent to -25 resist, it should be more like -40 resist (since -25 blight resist is worthless). (4 ward = 8 resist, going by tech values).

Second, very few abilities, spells or techs in the game lower an opponent's magic evasion, and this ability is one of them. It is rare and valuable. There are many techs, spells and abilities that lower resistances, however. In particular, Taint (blight) and Scorn (spirit) techs already lower resistance.

If you are going to leave the rest of the Bare Soul line alone (which goes to Bare Soul V, and is shared by Blood mage), then it's ok, but possibly confusing since there will be a Bare Soul II but no Bare Soul I. What will happen to the Blood mage Bare Soul I?

I personally would prefer to keep the -ward debuff on bare soul I, because it fits my playstyle better.
    --
    Daulnay
    Tamlis Askereth, Saris, Order
    Thorncloud Moonskimmer, Dragon, Order

I didn't realize when I was messing around with my scout that these changes had been put in. For a returning player I'll give some input.

I like Pinion as it. Cool down and duration are solid. Blinding shot is ok, but duration is kind of low and like most spells that do things like this they don't seem to do what they aim to do. I don't really buy that it is 50% chance to hit reduction. Honestly combat lag kind of makes it harder to tell what is actually going on.

One of the things I would like to have seen on the Scout line is the ability to remove a random buff from your target. I'd actually be happier with that than the ability blinding shot has now. Would have been nice to get a filler ability that turned your damage elemental (flame) at low levels. I know that's a spell, but it's kind of falls inline with going either Ranger or AE at 20 and we've seen plenty of lore with flame arrows in fantasy. Ranger at least requires you to get Nature, but EA probably should have required flame @ 200 to join. EA is kind of an odd bird on the requirements.

Overall scout has been fun; but seriously hitting 20 and getting Ice Arrows with AE has been where the game got a lot better.

Good work and I've enjoyed coming back. The combat is still way to slow, but I don't expect anything to happen with that.

Thread Information