Thread: "Gifted" Passive

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Default "Gifted" Passive

Anyone know which quest gives this? O.o I think its from Trials of the Gifted but it doesn't seem to give it anymore?
    If that's the case, would be nice if it was back, it may be a small boost but it's a boost! xD
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Default Re: "Gifted" Passive

Quote Originally Posted by flamefeniks View Post
    Anyone know which quest gives this? O.o I think its from Trials of the Gifted but it doesn't seem to give it anymore?
    If that's the case, would be nice if it was back, it may be a small boost but it's a boost! xD
    it is given by the Trials of the Gifted quest, except that the passive ability has now been moved to the title as a bonus.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    it is given by the Trials of the Gifted quest, except that the passive ability has now been moved to the title as a bonus.
    Ah I see, thanks
    Would it be given again once or will it stay like it is? O.o
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    When did that change? What was wrong with the bonus just being a passive ability? It's not like +5 is game changing (either way), so it really doesn't make much sense to have been changed.

To answer the first question, it was changed when the 'Trials of the Gifted' quest was redone.

Secondly, going to play devil's advocate here, just so I can peek at thoughts....

If +5 to power and strength isn't all that game changing, why worry about it being linked to the title itself? If it's 'so small' why is it such a concern?

A few of the other titles give some little bonuses while the title is active. What's wrong with it being as it is? Its an 'early game' title that pretty much anyone can get easily.

Secondly, I have yet to see anyone running around that even uses that title anymore. Most dragons I see are using 'Helian's Protector' now because of the boost to TaC and Primal.

Can't really speak for bipeds, haven't really seen any of them using abilities, save like... 'Scorpion Slayer' or 'Myloc's Bane' for their boosts.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Exactly cause it is such a small bonus nobody is going to use it once they have other titles that give them a better boost to something. Should be moved back to passive imo.

A bonus tied to a title (since you can only have one active) should be something truly worth having as a reward.

Thread Information