Thread: The Wishgiver

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Default The Wishgiver

Would be nice if we could get the Wishgiver's quests again.
    Seems like some quests that alot of people would like.
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Default Re: The Wishgiver

maybe instead of it giving passive +10 to stat,modify it to % of current skill. For example 1%.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

The Wishgiver "quests" if you could call them that were nothing more than straight "kill x" and get a reward. Happy if some player wants to consider suggesting a storyline for them. They have been on the backlog to write new for years, but the priority has been so low they never make it to the top.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I tried to spread word about that, and had some people interested but they wanted Wishgivers backstory,soemthing to base on. It could help.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Actually they were to "Craft 6 bronze gauntlets", or "Gather 100 dim essence", there were a few other options (might have been a go kill option too). You could choose what to do, then choose the reward, which included all the Minor "Stat" passive buffs, plus the Tarbash bag and I think the Fearsome Hauberk of the Quester was also a reward. The item type reward was among a few possibilities given at random.

So you had to do the quest 6 times to get all the passive +10's, and then more times to get Tarbash bags.

If the quests were redone, could be that you choose the reward you want up front, and that selects a different specific quest. I got a couple ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The Wishgiver "quests" if you could call them that were nothing more than straight "kill x" and get a reward. Happy if some player wants to consider suggesting a storyline for them. They have been on the backlog to write new for years, but the priority has been so low they never make it to the top.
    Hello there,
    Im hoping to start a discussion here,gather ideas on such quests. Im not a writer but hope that some ideas i came up with will inspire another one to write a questline.

First, there could be a couple small quests,prelude,before the actual questline is.
    The Wishgiver could be some sort of cosmic entity,soemthing totally different from what Gifted know. She could be found in a cave made by fallen meteorite,some sort of cave. She would be in state of sleep. perhaps her body,or whole area around her could be giving off a colored aura,soft light.
    The same lights would be found on artifacts that are scattered around the world. I know theres some,i dont know their story,maybe they be reused. This could be research quest first where you examine the artifacts and figure out how to use them to awaken the Wishgiver.
    i remember there was some t2 quest in Observatory peninsula where you had to,i think deactivate blighted pillars...been too long.

the main part,after shes awaked,could be soemthing similar to arop. a new realm,new search for stars,to either open or attune to new Gate that would transport us to the new realm. and this is were my ideas dry out xD
    the reward for questline doesnt really matter to me but it could be one of the epic spells Soul Gate. But story alone would be worth doing it. Yes,that could be new epic questline.

Eh sorry if i seem dumb XD. The wishgiver?

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pryzm View Post
    Eh sorry if i seem dumb XD. The wishgiver?
    http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/The_Wishgiver

Used to be a series of lower level quests that would grant you a stat buff and random formulas. If I recall, it was pretty decent experience as well.

The old quests, you could chose what task to do, and when turning the quest in, could choose the reward.
    Tasks were:
    Make 5 Bronze Platemail Gauntlets
    Bring 40 dim essence
    etc. plus a few kill quests: go kill 10 Wolves, etc:

Wishgiver tells you, 'Greetings! I am the Wish Giver. I have been summoned and bound here to grant you great power. Nothing good comes freely, however, and I must give you a <!--ST>task<!--/ST> before I am able to grant your wish.'
    You have received a new quest - 'Wishgiver Task: Collect 40 Dim Essence'.
    Wishgiver tells you, 'Let us see how resourceful you are. I require 40 dim essence for this task. Return when you have acquired them.'

Wishgiver tells you, 'Ah, you've returned. Thank you for the essence. I was getting hungry. Now there is the matter of your >wish<.'
    Wishgiver tells you, 'It is within my power to grant you >strength,< >dexterity,< >power,< >focus,< >health,< >armor,< , a >magical item<, or a >random formula< Choose your wish!'
    Wishgiver tells you, 'Here is a fine magical item for you!'
    You have received 1 Special Pants.
    The Stat rewards could only be done once, and gave a passive +10 to the stat, the Random formula would yield a random beginner formula, the magical item was either Fearsome Hauberk of the Quester (chest piece), Special Pants, or a Tarbash bag of Surprises.

Bringing the quests back, the rewards could stay the same. The quests could be made a bit more interesting. They should stay relatively easy, since these quests are meant for beginner players.
    Last edited by Guaran; November 6th, 2016 at 10:17 PM.

Thread Information