Thread: Epic Dagger

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Wink Epic Dagger

Since we recently have gotten The Harbringer, why not a dagger as well?
    An idea for the dagger:
    You need blood essence from valkor for it.

Name: Soul Slasher
    Damage: honestly don't know what's good but not OP for an epic dagger
    Attack Type: Pierce
    +Dexterity
    +Strenght
    +One Hand Pierce (leaving numbers out same reason as damage)
    Range: Melee
    Delay: 20
    Skill: One Hand Pierce
    5% Chance
    Attacks Only(or maybe spells as well? since it is useable like any other dagger by magic classes): Ethereal Damage, Maximum Damage
    Usable By: ELAR, CRSB, BLDM, RNGR, CONJ, SORC, WIZ, SHMN, SPRT, SCT, MAGE, WAR
    (maybe add berserker as well? ;D this is wishfull thinking from me though haha)
    Attuning
    Equip Slot: Right Palm
    Requirements: -Current Adventure level minimum 95
    -One Hand Pierce Greater Than 950
    Bulk: 8

What are your thoughts? I think something like this would fit with daggers though, maybe tweak the effect a bit but.
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Default Re: Epic Dagger

Game could use an Epic dagger. Can't monks use daggers? If not, then epic handwraps have a place also.

More epic weapons for players to work for, that's a good thing.

Since the Dagger would be a weapon likely only used by mystic classes, I would give it some really interesting buff for spellcasters on the arcane side. A Lifetap like on the Zhurian dagger comes to mind, plus perhaps a buff similiar to primal rage, that gives the player a buff from using spells, that is a buff to power and spellskills, plus maybe a -5% delay and recycle buff(always on, on the dagger itself). So:

On the Dagger itself: (Myloc essence)
    +100 Power
    +100 Focus
    -5% delay (spells only)
    -5% recycle (spells only)

% Chance for "Arcanists Fury" to land on the player. This buff would grant
    +50 Flame
    +50 Ice
    +50 Energy
    +50 Mind
    +50 Summoning
    +100 Power

Epic Handwraps: (Demon essence)

+120 Dexterity
    +100 Strength
    +65 Unarmed
    +50 Evasion

15% chance for 3 extra attacks, or chance to land a Demon Flurry effect similar to Demon Bows' Demon Flurry.

Make it really nice... Monks could use some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Game could use an Epic dagger. Can't monks use daggers? If not, then epic handwraps have a place also.

More epic weapons for players to work for, that's a good thing.

Since the Dagger would be a weapon likely only used by mystic classes, I would give it some really interesting buff for spellcasters on the arcane side. A Lifetap like on the Zhurian dagger comes to mind, plus perhaps a buff similiar to primal rage, that gives the player a buff from using spells, that is a buff to power and spellskills, plus maybe a -5% delay and recycle buff(always on, on the dagger itself). So:

+100 Power
    +100 Focus
    -5% delay (spells only)

+50 Flame
    +50 Ice
    +50 Energy
    +50 Mind
    +50 Summoning
    +100 Power

Epic Handwraps: (Demon essence)

+120 Dexterity
    +100 Strength
    +65 Unarmed
    +50 Evasion

15% chance for 3 extra attacks, or chance to land a Demon Flurry effect similar to Demon Bows' Demon Flurry.

Make it really nice... Monks could use some love.
    I like the handwrap idea! and the dagger isn't bad either xD I was thinking of a more physical dagger just to see what you could dish out with it, but aye, having it for magical peds is also awesome.
    Would also find it nice if they'd add daggers but for the melee classes instead of the more magical classes.

Yeah I was thinking that myself... but the old daggers are usable by mystic classes, so figured it should follow that pattern. Of the classes that can use Daggers, arcane casters seemed like the only ones that might actually use one.

Epic healer weapon would be nice too.

Healer Mace (myloc essence)
    +200 Health
    +250 Life
    +120 Focus
    +100 Spirit

Aoe heal on death (no cooldown), plus an aoe resurrection on death, that is a superior res (20 to 30 minute cooldown).

The melee damage numbers wouldn't really matter much, since a healer rarely if ever will melee attack someone.

Yeah I was thinking that myself... but the old daggers are usable by mystic classes, so figured it should follow that pattern. Of the classes that can use Daggers, arcane casters seemed like the only ones that might actually use one.

+200 Health
    +250 Life
    +120 Focus
    +100 Spirit

Aoe heal on death (no cooldown), plus an aoe resurrection on death, that is a superior res (20 to 30 minute cooldown).

The melee damage numbers wouldn't really matter much, since a healer rarely if ever will melee attack someone.
    Yeah a healer weapon would be loved by quite some I bet, though indeed arcane seem to be the ones who might actually use it, but at the same time, will it beat Bloodthorn? Or Demonskin? If it doesn't match up to either of those it'll probably only end up a collecter's item... :/

That's why I tried to come up with something different than the Bloodthorns' aoe lifetap. And tried to make it really good. Feel free to bump the numbers even higher (dagger) if it gives it a better chance to compete with a Bloodthorn staff. Bump the spellskill stat boosts to 100 each, make it require both a myloc and a demon essence. Epic'er epic!

Healer mace would be useable by healer only. Maybe also put +100 Nature on it.

And we really need epic handwraps as well, since Monk has been overlooked for some time in the case of epic weapons.

Speaking of Healer... All other crossbows in game are usable by healers. But they got taken off of the Harbinger... So yet another reason for an Epic healer mace.

+200 Health
    +250 Life
    +120 Focus
    +100 Spirit

Playing devil's advocate here... but....

That sounds... quite similar to the Mace of Divine Intervention, save for a few extra things there.... why not adjust the current Mace of Divine Intervention to have those, since it may be under consideration that such things may be possibly reintroduced? That WOULD make it less work for the devs as well as make that mace more useful too.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

So um, just on daggers here, but i was thinking that for an epic dagger either:

- effect on enemy of 4 second stun then poison applied (a very strong uncleansable DoT) along with a debuff of 60% base focus/dexterity.

not sure on the stats it would boost in general, probably str/dex at the very least, but the idea was sort of a paralysis knife -the kind you'd stab into like, peoples armpits to stop them moving temporarily.

high proc chance, lower delay than all daggers, or high general stat boosts needed to offset the lack of damage daggers do.

and/or perhaps

- effect on enemy of a single hit of very high damage and debuff of delay and recycle +75% for two minutes (that's slower, for clarification), effect on self of a buff of +30% base focus/power/dexterity/strength/health (or, all stats including health!).

idea behind this lies in the mystic side of things, we have a tonne of health absorbs already but this is more of...using your opponents life force to empower (and not heal) yourself.

would need same balances - a better dagger all around - to atone for needing to melee if proc chance is used, but this could work on activation/using the dagger too i think (if a recycle was agreed on anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    Playing devil's advocate here... but....

That sounds... quite similar to the Mace of Divine Intervention, save for a few extra things there.... why not adjust the current Mace of Divine Intervention to have those, since it may be under consideration that such things may be possibly reintroduced? That WOULD make it less work for the devs as well as make that mace more useful too.
    Mace of Divine Intervention is not an Epic Mace, and anyone that has one didn't have to do the same effort to get it that a new mace would require. So no, the old mace doesn't need the improvements. Yes, it is similar, but also much better. That's the whole idea. And of course it would similar, this will be an item usable solely by Healers.

As far as the work to the devs... editing the existing mace, or copy-pasting it to the new item, and tweaking. Pretty much the same amount work. The extra work will be making the formula to craft it, that's unavoidable in all these suggestions, but also completely worth it.

Mace of Divine Intervention is not an Epic Mace, and anyone that has one didn't have to do the same effort to get it that a new mace would require. So no, the old mace doesn't need the improvements. Yes, it is similar, but also much better. That's the whole idea. And of course it would similar, this will be an item usable solely by Healers.

As far as the work to the devs... editing the existing mace, or copy-pasting it to the new item, and tweaking. Pretty much the same amount work. The extra work will be making the formula to craft it, that's unavoidable in all these suggestions, but also completely worth it.
    I'd a actually say the main work is in the artwork.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Got that already

I think an Epic Dagger might be interesting. I would rather not add it to Valkor, Reklar, or SoG since they already have lots of epic items associated with them. Surtheim, Shaloth, Elial, those are all good ones that are under-used.

Guaran, what is that weapon in the image?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I think that's Zhurian dagger? Guaran already tied dagger to Shaloth:

"
    +100 Power
    +100 Focus
    -5% delay (spells only)

+50 Flame
    +50 Ice
    +50 Energy
    +50 Mind
    +50 Summoning
    +100 Power "

Is it a good moment to revive this?

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post305768

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

There is already a caster claw.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

a special epic caster claw? Nobody told us Tili^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Do you mean the siphoning effect on Blood Talon? Both Talon and Demon claw have melee stats. Then theres t5 spked emerald claw with Deadly 5 that adds damage to spells. Is there another one?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Ah, I'm sorry, I was thinking of the tail scale. Btw, this is off-topic. Topic was about a dagger. Steer it back please.

Yes, that's a Priceless Zhurian Dagger:

Usable by: Elar, crossbowman, ranger, warrior. Those classes are not ever likely to use a dagger... and they've got plenty of epic weapons themselves.
    Conj, Sorc, Wiz, Mage, (fits original suggestion)
    Bloodmage, Spiritist, Shaman. Could always flip the buffs to fit with the mystic schools... That might even make more sense since it's from the Myloc Queen, who is a heavy user of both Spirit and Flame, moreso the Spirit attacks...

The Queen's Spirit (Or some other better name)

+100 Power
    +100 Focus
    -5% delay (spells only)

% Chance for "Wrath of the spirits" to land on the player. This buff would grant
    +100 Spirit
    +100 Nature
    +100 Blight
    +100 Power

Thoughts? Go also go nuts and put in both versions

Mace of Zeal model could be used for The epic healer mace. The Holy Zeal effect looks neat when it goes off, just not really much benefit to a healer, and it only goes off from doing melee attacks (pretty backwards for what healers will normally do). Something like that, that goes off from spells and healing would be cool. The Holy Zeal effect might be something nice to add to Mace of Divine Intervention, if it could be updated to trigger on outgoing spells/heals, or from incoming damage:

Because the old Mace of Divine Intervention could use a little love too.
    Last edited by Guaran; June 24th, 2016 at 04:49 AM.

After looking again at both of the epic staves, perhaps the dagger could have appeal for both arcane and mystic, all in one?, since those are both usable by both camps... and daggers are usable by both camps as well.

They cannot use each others' spells, so having the overlap of skills isn't really a big deal. It's just like having +1 hand crush, +1 hand slash, + 1 hand pierce all on the Tower Shield.. So final idea would be:

+100 Power
    +100 Focus
    -5% delay (spells only)

% Chance for "Wrath of the spirits" to land on the player. This buff would grant
    +100 Spirit
    +100 Nature
    +100 Blight
    +100 Flame
    +100 Ice
    +100 Energy
    +100 Mind
    +100 Summoning
    +100 Power

After looking again at both of the epic staves, perhaps the dagger could have appeal for both arcane and mystic, all in one?, since those are both usable by both camps... and daggers are usable by both camps as well.

They cannot use each others' spells, so having the overlap of skills isn't really a big deal. It's just like having +1 hand crush, +1 hand slash, + 1 hand pierce all on the Tower Shield.. So final idea would be:

+100 Power
    +100 Focus
    -5% delay (spells only)

+100 Spirit
    +100 Nature
    +100 Blight
    +100 Flame
    +100 Ice
    +100 Energy
    +100 Mind
    +100 Summoning
    +100 Power
    Why not make it a bit more special and give it another effect, something that fits with Shaloth and Mylocs, Ethereal! (Yes you can see I want ethereal dmg ;D)
    Give it also like 3-5% chance to make all spell damage ethereal for 10 seconds(casting takes time!) or the next spell does ethereal damage(you can watch for it to activate and then choose which spell to cast then).
    Or perphaps a working version of the old effect that Bloodthorn Staff had with 5-7% chance to activate? ( It was +1000-1500 power and some focus I think when it activated)
    Because honestly I don't see it compete with other epics really with just the Wrath of the Spirits, because if you ask me 100 more in a skill doesn't really make that much of a difference. :s

Thread Information