Thread: Humbly requesting a gate/pad in South Gate...

daysleeper

Default Humbly requesting a gate/pad in South Gate...

South Gate is placed in a posision that is far away from a gate/pad. Positioned between Selen, harro, Last Stand & Feladan it might even be the player town furtest away from anygate!?The lastStand port is fairly close, about 5 with 49speed for me on roads with CD.

But with the accesability toLS by having to port from where you are to first bristugo then toone of the Guild plots and then to LS. In the end it takes its toll on anyevery systemand takes way to long for my taste. So that leaves the option to run from selen as the best one, 3,20 mins with full speed(no disc).

An answer to this without adding a port/pad in SG is to make every townwith gate/pad more accesable from allmost any port, or use places like bristugo or NR(like the old days) as point of access to everywhere. Brisugo isnt atm like some might think. Still some Townscan only be reached by first porting to a guild plot, which is imho absolutly silly.

A sharing of gate with "Forest Guard" or whats its name would also be an option, currently forest Guard is a ghost town on unity, with only 1 plot with buildings, wonder why...

With the enourmous Vault sizes on Unity it was doable to build in SGuntill a week ago when the vault was locked to anyone but the owner. The building there is now a pain in the a.. Butthe vault issueis another disscution.

Yes I know I choose to buy a plot there knowing SG was a romote location, but still like the addition of gate/pad there, giving the town big boost.

Since I play on Unity I dont know if anything has happened with this on NA shards, as we get no communication atm, we know nothing but rumours people haveheard onIRC and things posted here by AE staff.

-daysleeper-

Default Re: Humbly requesting a gate/pad in South Gate...

I'd go for a pad/portal in SG... could put it around 26100/23750 and call it South Guard or something. Would be nice if ALL the communities had a portal/pad since even 1-5 plot shots on Shepards Mountain have pads/portals.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

I agree totally with that area missing a decent pad/portal.

Even a pad would help a lot. Since you could bin in last stand or somwhere else and then port to SG.

@daysleeper: have you tried to talk to the plot owner to give you access?
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

daysleeper

Quote Originally Posted by metagruen
    @daysleeper: have you tried to talk to the plot owner to give you access?
    Havent seen him online for a while, I play mostly during the night so chances are slim to see him. The plot has a red wall and some buildings are guild only, but vault is on deny all, so gess he has no plan in sharing it.[:S]

Anyways I Smashed down all my planned buildings and did afull replanningto fit in a vault on my plot, currently on 66%so it wount be long until its up[:)] Justneed tofind someone who loves to run, todo the Enchanter & Weaver work[:P]

I also think a portal & pad should be placed in that general area with so many towns without an access there. Another area that really could use a portal & pad isbetween Desert's Edge & Heather. It's a very long hike back to Tazoon from the cluster of towns over there.

I wish to also humbly request a portal and pad at Carmo. It is also a long run from any portal. I know that my guild, Azure Twilight on Order, would definately be willing to build a portal & pad for our village if we were given the opportunity.

I would also like to request wells for both Carmo and Papa. I had hoped that since Tavu got one weeks before any building was started in that town, that Carmo & Papa would get wells if they did finish their Guildhouses. The Guildhouses have been finished for weeks, but still no wells.[:(]
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Morenth

Bah, a pad (at least) in Mithrill's anvil (9 big plots) would be great too :)

If you are in heather, run to new rachival, not tazoon. New rach is about 1-2 mins away, not a bad run.

Acul desperately needs something, its a good 5 mins from any portal in, and maybe 7 or 8 from a portal out.

daysleeper

Seems like us South Gaters arent alone. Looks like there is some communities out there that needs or could greatly benefit from a pad/gate.

Keep the suggestions flowin, hopefully a dev is reading this and taking a note of our plea. Couldent be the hardest thing to implement...

The idea about making the players building em themself sounds like a great idea imho, would make a little mini event for the citizens of the nearby towns.

-daysleeper-

Serat

I am torn on the issue of adding more portals. People bid on plots with their value being significantly impacted by the location of the portals. Some plots were worth less simply because their access wasn't as immediate. Does one have a reasonable expectation that the status quo would be maintained to support their past decisions during the bidding process? Tough call. MMORPGs are always subject to change, so perhaps the expectation of maintaining the value in a plot based upon the conditions existing at the time of purchase is unreasonable. Surely the issue is broader than just portal access, as we are aware that mob and resource locations can also change. On the other hand, would people have made the same decisions on bidding if they had been told at the time that the portals would be changed and plots that at the first appeared undesireable would be changed.

One could alsocontend that the value of plots to current owners is not the only reasonable standard, as the impact on gameplay of cumbersome transportation systems could be seen as an issue which trumps people's calculations of value.

One suggestion, though I don't know how feasible it is, is to allow players to build portals on their plots. While that devalues plots that are in close proximity to current portals in some sense, those owners are not required to build the portals so some value in the proximity is preserved. In addition, it places everyone in the same boat so long as the portals can be built on all plots (qualifies for C, I, and R zoning).

MMAI_ice

Please consider a pad/portal in Izzon Crest too.....its a community with 9 fairly large plots, in the middle of nowhere.

Easy transportation to it would increase the chances for Izzon Crest to play some role in commerce.

Aye.

I add my vote in for a pad and/or port in South Gate.

Being a Saris Ranger.. I can get around pretty fast...Boots of Speed, Sprint, Saris Sprint, Natures Path, Gift of Speed II, Swift Feet, and +10 speed boost for being a Ranger... However, it still takes a long time to get to my guilds plot in South Gate. And sadly, most of my guildies who can't run as fast as myself find it hard to get out to the guild plot at all.

I would be willing to give up current buildings on the plot to be able to place a community pad there even. As I believe many in our neighborhood would.

Anyhoot, thanks for listening devs,,,, I hope! :)

~Lex
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Information