Thread: Two Bind locations

Default Two Bind locations

I was thinking it could be useful to have a 2nd Bind location. Since every plot doesn't have a portal and pad, I think being able to bind to your plot as a second bind would be useful.

For example you could bind in a major city like Dralk or Bristugo and have a choice in your recall window to recall to your plot. In the window that has the Recall button you could have Recall 1 and Recall 2.

You wouldn't have to bind to "your plot" it could be anyone's plot for that matter. It would help a player that was working on building their plot or another plot they are helping build. Being able to recall to a secondary location that has a shrine would help speed up game play for building.

-If it's possible, would be nice to have a new travel scroll take you to the secondary location as well. Not sure if that is possible but something to think about.

I hope this makes sense to everyone. What is everyone's thoughts? Good idea?

-Kor

Default Re: Two Bind locations

do not quite understand what you mean with the scrolls-
    you know about that "scroll boxes" (forgot correct name)great newer feature.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hmm thought I replied to this already...think the forums went down.

I was just thinking that in addition to the secondary bind location it would be nice if a player could make a "TRAVEL SCROLL" to his/her secondary bind location.

-Kor

I think two bind locations sounds a bit...too convenient? Like it'd be great and i'd love to bind to genevia plot and the city of my current teir, but i doubt it'll be considered. and just think, i could have a needless binding to aubador without repercussion!

But a travel scroll to a given shrine? YES. so many times, for various plots and such i need to visit that're too far from portals and i just cannot handle the slow haul with cargo disk...so many times for mass gathering in obscure locations where only travel scrolls help then i need to go through at least 1 portal to reach silos/shops im using for storage...

Just a recall home (take you to your plot marker) would be nice. Would also give another reason to pay for a full account allowing you a plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Just a recall home (take you to your plot marker) would be nice. Would also give another reason to pay for a full account allowing you a plot.
    I really like this idea, homing scrolls to your character plot. :-)

I could absolutely get behind a travel scroll to plots, just takes you to the shrine on them >

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Yay for plot scrolls!! I like the idea, make it! Do it! Better! FASTER! NAAAW! *coughs coughs*

Okay, I got too excited about that idea. But I definately agree on it. Two bind locations would be just too mutch.

I have tried to think of how this can be executed with little effort ... I have not found an answer but many challenges . A long time ago one of the devs said to me " istaria was programed in more like a database " and not a stranded Language like Python3d c# or C+ Java perhaps because of its object orientated nature .

top chalange to this idea
    Database errors . Depending on how Istaria is programed this could break teleport network , Its set up for 1 bind location per character not multiple, but since i have not seen how Istaria is actually programed Ill leave the technical details to Steel Claw or Amon... Velva might be able to shed some light in on this as well , but I don't think this will happen in the near future .

the Unreal engine migration is taking up a lot of Istarias resources and this is a much needed improvement and will attract more people to the game more people = more money. More money = more staff for project live events etc .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information