Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 287 + Discussion

Default Blight Delta 287 + Discussion

• Expert Primal Health formula requires 920 spellcraft skill to scribe.
    • Expert Excoriation formula requires level 800 lairshaping skill to scribe. Journeyman Excoriation formula requires 400 lairshaping to scribe.
    • ‘(Hourly) Clean Up The Wriggling Masses’ no longer refers to Braekhis as male.
    • Formula: Scale/Tallisman of Dance/Melody/Revelry/Feast requires any crafting school level 80 instead of current crafting school level 80
    • Crystal of Mind (Rift) crystal will now properly trigger Mind of the Void’s effect: Migraine. Chance has also been increased from 5% to 15%.
    • Crystal of Bone (Rift) crystal will now properly trigger Bone of the Void’s effect: Temporary Bleed Resistance.
    • Crystal of Heart (Rift) crystal will now properly trigger Heart of the Voids effect: Temporary Stun Resistance & Temporary Mesmerize Resistance.
    • Increase banner limit to 10 per plot
    • Increase basket limit to 20 per plot
    • Increase tree limit to 30 per plot
    • Increase wheelbarrow to 20 per plot
    • Increase flowers to unlimited per plot
    • Hesia now has <Cleric Trainer> tag.
    • Adulura now has <Cleric Trainer> tag.
    • Daily Riddle: Golden Treasure (Eostre Beetle quest) will cause Giant Chickens to drop eggs while on quest.
    • Guardians of Rift (Blood, Bone, Heart, Mind) now have normal spawns and no longer spawned manually (speaking to NPC) during ARoP quest. They have the same spawn timers as Less Epic mobs.
    • Legacy Guild houses (T2-T6) now share the same furniture decoration files as their current cousins.
    • Legacy Tier 1 Human Guildhouse now has furniture decoration. Thanks Tilithia !
    • Aughundell Town Center and the underground areas has been decorated with furniture. Thanks Tilithia !
    • Corn, Tomato, Wheat, Apple Trees, Grape Vines and Kenaf now grow in Tishlar
    • A small vein of Iron has been found near Tishlar
    • A rich vein of Gold has been found near Tishlar
    • Guardian of Rage now respawns more slowly

• Warrior
      • Power Strike I is now received at level 1
      • Negate Attack 1 is now known as Heroic Shout 1 and is received at level 7 (instead of 4). It has a 20 meter range, a 30 second recycle, and a 2.5 post-delay. Instead of giving a buff to the player, it now gives a debuff called Confused to the target which reduces the damage of its next attack.
      • Coordinated Strike I is now received at level 10 (instead of 9) and has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 90)
      • Critical Strike I is now received at level 9 (instead of 10), has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 3 minutes) and a 1.5 post-delay
      • New ability, Charge, received at level 5. 30 second recycle, 2.5 post-delay, gives a debuff called Interrupted that prevents your target from executing any actions for 3 seconds.

• ‘Ryson Stormbringer's Challenge’ has been updated to reflect the changes to New Trismus.
    • Mage
      • Enhanced Flame Bolt I is now received at level 1 (was 2)
      • Engulf I is now received at level 3 (was 4)
      • Burn Armor I is now received at level 5 (was 3)
      • Mage’s Maddening Trick I is now received at level 10 (was 6)
      • Burnout I is now received at level 7 (was 10) and has a recycle of 40 seconds (down from 50)
      • Coordinated Flame Bolt I now has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 3 minutes)

• Cleric
      • Smash I is now received at level 1 (was 4)
      • Instant Heal I is now received at level 3 (was 2) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45)
      • Power Strike I is now received at level 5 (was 7)
      • Magic Crush is now received at level 7 (was 6) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45)
      • Coordinated Strike I is now received at level 11 (was 9)
      • Protectorate is now received at level 9 (was 3)

• Scout
      • Power Shot I is now received at level 1 (was 2)
      • Long Shot I is now received at level 3 (was 4) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 60)
      • New ability, Blinding Shot, received at level 5. 30 second recycle, causes Blinded (10 second debuff that reduces the target’s to-hit by 50%).
      • Pinion I is now received at level 7 (was 6), has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45).
      • Pinion’s debuff is now known as Pinned, lasts for 5 seconds (down from 20), and is a root instead of a speed modifier.
      • Heart Seeker I is now received at level 9 (was 10) and has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 3 minutes)
      • Coordinated Shot I is now received at level 10 (was 9) and has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 90)
      • Staple Shot now recycles every 45 seconds (down from 2 minutes)

• Dragon
      • Refreshing Breeze I now has a recycle of 90 seconds (down from 3 minutes).
      • Galewind I now has a recycle of 45 seconds (down from 60)
      • New ability, Coordinated Breath I, received at level 10. 60 second recycle, fire-based breath attack, consumes 100 hoard per use.

• Massive Yew Treants can now be found on Saritova
    • Rift Tokens are now valued 20% higher (currency used by Blagarath in Dralk)
      • Symbol of the Rift = 6 (was 5)
      • Relic of the Rift = 12 (was 10)
      • Omen of the Rift = 24 (was 20)
      • Vestige of the Rift = 48 (was 40)
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Delta 287 + Discussion

Well this is certainly one of the most exciting patches I'm happy about because it will/must help lowbies to integrate better.

The tokens it's a brilliant idea since it is a bit tedious to farm them and with the guardians up will be even smoother.

I have just one question I'm not certain about since I just discovered it. It is a bug that the Shiny Figurines don't give buffs anymore? Because I chew them like nobody's business but I don't get any buff anymore.

yes good thing that!!
    though I would have prefered lower costs on the rift crystal forms.

Thank you for listenig- and a fast change!!

Shazo: Shining stilll give the buffs- just tested
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    yes good thing that!!
    though I would have prefered lower costs on the rift crystal forms.
    I'll take any small increase, to make the last of my token grinding a bit faster. Also the guardians respawns *squeals with joy*

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    * Guardians of Rift (Blood, Bone, Heart, Mind) now have normal spawns and no longer spawned manually (speaking to NPC) during ARoP quest. They have the same spawn timers as Less Epic mobs.
    I dont like this. Guardians are the weakest epics out there yet they drop the most useful things (epic tokens, rift tokens, crystals, sometimes crates). Imo you are just making another old-surtheim like place where people will sit solo and farm their things. At least buff them so they are not easily soloable.

Negate Attack 1 is now known as Heroic Shout 1 and is received at level 7 (instead of 4). It has a 20 meter range, a 30 second recycle, and a 2.5 post-delay. Instead of giving a buff to the player, it now gives a debuff called Confused to the target which reduces the damage of its next attack.
    I forgot to put it in the notes that Heroic Shout I is also a Taunt with an equivalent strength of 100 damage.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Zoubek View Post
    I dont like this. Guardians are the weakest epics out there yet they drop the most useful things (epic tokens, rift tokens, crystals, sometimes crates). Imo you are just making another old-surtheim like place where people will sit solo and farm their things. At least buff them so they are not easily soloable.
    You need to factor in they are needed for ARoP and also the rift is only dragon only. Any change to them need to be balanced.

Yes, that is one more reason to keep them "special".

With all respect, Zoubek- but I could not disagree more!!

We`ve come to state- and here I want to cite Smaug -what he said in the Surtheim- thread:

I dont, game is more and more just catering to the elite, leaving average players less and less they can do without just being a tagalong with the elite.

Buffing the rift mobs up is kinda cynical- tell newer players to better get used to be dependent on the elite players.

My friends and me surely have fun with the new, pimped bosses-
    but I watch this all with a piece of skepticism and concern- regarding newer/non uber players.
    I know that not many think like me. But I have to state it here nevertheless.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; July 1st, 2016 at 07:13 PM.

Then keep them as they are now, manual spawn only. If you make them spawn as regular epic every 20 minutes or so and keep the loot as it is (epic tokens, rift tokens, crates, crystals) thats just too much.

I do not have problem with their current strength or anything, what i mind is changing their spawn from manual to "auto" and thus making them just farm for tokens. Why should anyone bother killing Daknor, Gruk, etc when they can just rotate Guardians much faster and do it solo at that?

agreed.
    The nice loot table will make it easier for the candidates to find a large group for a rift run^^

On the other hand- our rift bosses will again only have a part time job^^ Which is a waste
    hmm -dilemma^^
    Maybe make a difference in loot table if its a run (epic token is run only) ?

edit: (and besides all that.. bipeds can`t go to the rift- means no easy earned epic token-
    the few rift runs do not hurt..)
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; July 1st, 2016 at 07:50 PM.

The nice loot table will make it easier for the candidates to find a large group for a rift run^^
    I didnt consider this haha

Maybe make a difference in loot table if its a run (epic token is run only) ?
    Is that even possible? How would you detect that? Wouldnt it be just better to not count them as epics at all?

edit: (and besides all that.. bipeds can`t go to the rift- means no easy earned epic token-
    the few rift runs do not hurt..)
    Isnt that a little bit unfair? Peds cant go there at all while dragons can just sit there all day gather tokens.

time to drop the "elitism" bomb =D

let's go by some points shall we?
    Guardians are easy as heck. (can kill them with 2 reasonably (read, not perfect) geared dragons)
    Guardians drop essences now for crystals which are actually rather neat.
    Before this change, these crystals were limited in quantity due to rift runs being limited (unless you know, you want to level a dragon just to get some crystals...yeah that sounds like fun), and the quality of the crystals, while good, does not justify them being extremely limited.

This change makes it so that people can atleast get their hands on crystals that are a nice boost.

And yes, Guardians need a boost, if you can nearly solo an epic questline (which the ARoP technicly is), that's just bad.

I'm not saying make it impossible, I'm saying make it so that you atleast need 3 people rather than 2 to take them down.
    -----
    Giving the guardians a boost will not stop people from doing ARoP quests.
    Elial isn't stopping people is he? why not bring them closer to his level, or even boost Elial a bit (4 dragons to take down Elial, again, relatively well geared, but not min-maxed) and make guardians roughly like "old" elial then.

why don't we make it take 20 or more dragons? I mean why in earth should 3 measly dragons be able to do something that 2 can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    why don't we make it take 20 or more dragons? I mean why in earth should 3 measly dragons be able to do something that 2 can't.
    I'd be more in favor of removing epics all together then! =D

tbh my suggestion is only the way it is because people will whine about "epics" being "too hard" if it requires a group bigger than 4 (it's called tactics people, try em), and because new (INTERESTING) mechanics take longer to think of, feel free to make a proper suggestion though!

on mechanics, can heart plz be fixed? on my last 3 runs he didn't rez himself at all, while he did still have the augmentation, makes him the most boring one if it's broken.

I actualy dont mind the Guardians being as the are.

Lately the epics have began to be more and more and more harder. Some of them you could solo, now basicaly even Sulth needs help to deal with even if you're nicely geared or just don't want to risk your life.

Why don't leave at least SOMETHING for the not so OP players to get? How on earth are they supposed to get hand on epic items to gear themselves if they don't have that mutch time to play or can't find a party to do Epic hunts?

I mean, Order is basicaly dead, maybe there are some groups that go and do Epic Raid once in a while but that is mainly just one timezone (I used to be part of one, but I moved to another continent and time changed so I cannot go with them anymore). There is almost like maybe 20-25 people a day, now discount the 10 that are -70 we get almost just like 10-15 people that could actualy do something, now discount the people that are there just for crafting, alts, Jsnt and his alts, and we get an average of maybe 3-4 ancients, 2 bipeds and thats mostly it. Now, not everyone is friends with eachother or party together, and not everyone is willing to do epic hunts (everyones likes are different). How can you do something like that? Not mutch, if you are a solo player by will or even if you ahve to be a solo player because of the lack of people, you have NO CHANCE to get epic items to gear yourself better to actualy do something.

Maybe you think that Guardians will be broken now and people will be farming them all day long, but let's be honest. Istaria is not what it used to be, and even if you can solo them with 1 or 2 people group, I doubt they would be doing it all day, it takes some time, it takes down items, and theres not that many people out there as it used to be to do so.

Leave Guardians as they are, give the "other" people a chance after you already removed Sulth, Faf and other rather soloable Epics from their reach.

Like the changes to early abilites, should help the new player experience.

FYI, any of the Epics can be "Farmed"... that is, killed over and over. And that's what is supposed to happen to earn tokens.

Farming Rift Guardians for tokens?? These are lesser epics. So, once a day you get 8 tokens (from the once a day quest) plus 1 looted token. 9 Tokens. The amount gained is nothing to get excited about. It's no different than how Surthiem has been since he was made to count as a lesser epic (over a year ago). So, let's say someone is doing a daily farming of a Rift Guardian to get 9 tokens. Typical epic weapon requires 330 tokens to buy the cores. So 37 days to earn something. It's the exact same time needed if all you do is kill Fafnir once a day. Or Gruk once a day. The time is the same.
    You can kill Guardians with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Gruk with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Fafnir with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Daknor with 2 or 3 players.

It's not a big deal.

Comparing it to 'Farming' is a mis-characterization. Farming would mean killing repeatedly, say 10 times per day or more. Which no one is going to bother to do, because:
    First kill: 9 tokens, possible crate.
    Second kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Third kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Fourth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Fifth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Sixth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Seventh kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Eight kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Ninth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Tenth kill: 1 token, no crate.

So kill him once a day, get 9 tokens and maybe a crate. Or kill him 10 times, to get 20 tokens and maybe a crate. woohoo, let's go farming!

Not worth the time.
    Last edited by Guaran; July 2nd, 2016 at 02:05 AM.

Honestly, leave the guardians as they are. The epics should be lowered a bit not to pre-change and kept at same ratings. Need to think of both chaos and order shards not just chaos or pander to the elite. If you just pandering to the elite it is unbalanced and leaves most out in the cold on all shards. If you pander to just chaos it leaves order out in the cold. The epics should not be solo-able but they should not require big groups either but also it should involve tactics somewhat but in a balanced way not crazy way cause not everyone can be a certain class and only few might have that certain class.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Like the changes to early abilites, should help the new player experience.

FYI, any of the Epics can be "Farmed"... that is, killed over and over. And that's what is supposed to happen to earn tokens.

Farming Rift Guardians for tokens?? These are lesser epics. So, once a day you get 8 tokens (from the once a day quest) plus 1 looted token. 9 Tokens. The amount gained is nothing to get excited about. It's no different than how Surthiem has been since he was made to count as a lesser epic (over a year ago). So, let's say someone is doing a daily farming of a Rift Guardian to get 9 tokens. Typical epic weapon requires 330 tokens to buy the cores. So 37 days to earn something. It's the exact same time needed if all you do is kill Fafnir once a day. Or Gruk once a day. The time is the same.
    You can kill Guardians with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Gruk with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Fafnir with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Daknor with 2 or 3 players.

It's not a big deal.

Comparing it to 'Farming' is a mis-characterization. Farming would mean killing repeatedly, say 10 times per day or more. Which no one is going to bother to do, because:
    First kill: 9 tokens, possible crate.
    Second kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Third kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Fourth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Fifth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Sixth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Seventh kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Eight kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Ninth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Tenth kill: 1 token, no crate.

So kill him once a day, get 9 tokens and maybe a crate. Or kill him 10 times, to get 20 tokens and maybe a crate. woohoo, let's go farming!

Not worth the time.
    You dont get just epic tokens, you also get rift tokens, rift crystals and even some hoard back. That is quite a lot for how difficult is it to kill them. And btw old-Surtheim spawned once in hour with one token and some crates and camping it was still worth it for some. Oh and 10 kill would take how long? hour and half maybe? for 20 tokens? totally worth it.
    Imo they should stay as they are now - manual spawn only.

You dont get just epic tokens, you also get rift tokens, rift crystals and even some hoard back. That is quite a lot for how difficult is it to kill them.
    Really you're counting that as "a lot"? Is that so different from other epics that also drop hoard and crystals? The Guardian of Rage drops fiery tokens, crystals, and hoard too should we change that? He's not too difficult to kill either but requires a healer in addition to those doing the damage...

Also you're forgetting the utter maze that is the Rift, it wouldn't be a simple spawn camp to grind all the guardians there and the guardians certainly won't drop in under a minute like Surtheim used to if you are duoing them.

Also keep in mind that not everyone can even GET a group of 5 or so that are able to handle the Rift. That's why Order's Rift Runs are on the weekends 99% of the time... because that's when you have the best chance of finding enough people. And you'll certainly have a tougher time of getting a group together at all if you've been soloing everything yourself and staying self-sufficient up to level 100 (which I've seen plenty of people do), a player like that ends up in very few epic fights ever just because they don't know who to talk to for organizing a hunt.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information