Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blight Delta 287 + Discussion

Default Re: Blight Delta 287 + Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Really you're counting that as "a lot"? Is that so different from other epics that also drop hoard and crystals? The Guardian of Rage drops fiery tokens, crystals, and hoard too should we change that? He's not too difficult to kill either but requires a healer in addition to those doing the damage...

Also you're forgetting the utter maze that is the Rift, it wouldn't be a simple spawn camp to grind all the guardians there and the guardians certainly won't drop in under a minute like Surtheim used to if you are duoing them.
    Iam still not convinced, but I dont have any more arguments to say. i guess i am in minority here xD I just wanted to um "voice my concerns".

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Also keep in mind that not everyone can even GET a group of 5 or so that are able to handle the Rift. That's why Order's Rift Runs are on the weekends 99% of the time... because that's when you have the best chance of finding enough people. And you'll certainly have a tougher time of getting a group together at all if you've been soloing everything yourself and staying self-sufficient up to level 100 (which I've seen plenty of people do), a player like that ends up in very few epic fights ever just because they don't know who to talk to for organizing a hunt.
    Then perhaps they should have left Surtheim and others as they were.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Guardians do drop rift crystals but they also drop Guardian essence which can be used to make special rift crystals, now these are quite good actually (better now they are fixed). The mobs will be farmed for these alone (and you don't need 2 they can be solo'd quite easily).

Now the other thing to consider is the ARoP.
    ie, you get to 1st guardian and its just been farmed...20 min timer to respawn with possible "group" problems when it re-spawns.
    take that across all 4 and suddenly the ARoP becomes a thing to dread rather than cherish.
    The fact it's Dragon only IS a problem too........DO NOT ALLOW PEDS IN THE RIFT!!!!!!
    Doing game changes to make it easier for 1 section of the gamers and not the rest is very wrong.

I cannot personally see why the Guardians (not to mention lore breaking change) need to be touched at all.
    They are not broken, they don't need to be fixed.

If it's purely a change for the special rift crystal essences then this needs re-looking at, perhaps make a smaller version that spawns and call it like, Echo of Blood Guardian or something. That way those doing the ARoP will still have chance to spawn the mob needed and not wait constantly for a re-spawn.
    Or rename the crystals and move them into the Eastern Deadlands instead, this way ALL have a chance to farm them and not just Ancients.

I haven't heard of anyone farming the Rift Guardians... let alone causing issues with someones' Arop. If a group for Arop actually came along someone waiting to kill the guardian, you would just invite them in.

Bipeds in the rift? Hell. No. This would cause issues to be much more likely to come up imho.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

A lot of people don't even know about the special rift essence crystals yet and this is blight so it's not affected the live servers yet. Just remember the old days of trying to find SoG......constantly being solo'd because it could be.
    We'll see come Tuesday though when it goes live.

There is a special story behind the Rift. Everyone who did ARoP knows the story of Ellean. Ellean died because he/she entered the rift without the spirit form! What do you think is this Focus of Spirit for? XD Originally to protect yourself from beeing ripped appart in the Rift and i`m actually sad this doesn`t work in game. Maybe they will add it one day. Anyway i have no clue how bipeds are supposed to learn the Rift Spirit form AND get past V`Tieru the gate guarding dragon from old days. Also speaking as a draggon i would not let any kind of biped get close to the Sleeper. It`s enough what the humans did to dragonkind by sending her/him (i think the sleeper is female) into the rift and leaving dragonkind unable to grow up normally. If the Entombed dragon would be still free i guess he would rip off the head of every single biped concidering to enter the rift XD.

Just my opinion . Bipeds have stuff we cannot make also. So let this be a place for dragons. They are already allowed to enter Helians tomb thats enough.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Were only saying no Peds in the Rift due to another realm that was added not so long ago for Dragons but due to Peds moaning about it, they made a quest so peds can now enter this "special Dragon realm".
    The Fiery Rift.
    Making it an advantage to hunt in the Rift will soon lead to peds moaning that they cannot and ect.......

Hm Fiery Rift is (if i remember correctly) the realm where the dragons originally came from right? Drulkar should still be in there somewhere. I could imagine if he sees a naka walking around he`d start hunting it hehe. Rift should remain ped free allone according to lore. Lunus would have never allowed a ped to enter the rift due to what they did to the sleeper a long time ago. So will his followers get angry too. Also peds got already alot stuff dragons cannot make. How would they even be able to make crystals? Crystalshaping is a dragon school right? Just make a dragon chara to experience what you can`t as ped or the other way. That`s how i do it .

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I haven't heard of anyone farming the Rift Guardians... let alone causing issues with someones' Arop. If a group for Arop actually came along someone waiting to kill the guardian, you would just invite them in.

Bipeds in the rift? Hell. No. This would cause issues to be much more likely to come up imho.
    I've seen some people farm guardians, I even did it myself. And that's now, when you need adult to spawn them for you. (used to be able to spawn them more then once)
    Yes you can invite them into group, but you still have to wait for them to respawn, same as old Surth and crystalshaping quest, almost every time you had to wait hour for it to respawn.
    I think echo or shadow of guardian is not a bad idea.
    As for peds in rift, no.

How long ago? You might be thinking of back when the Rift Guardians and all Epics dropped 500s to 1g per kill. But that was changed years ago.

Um like two months ago? Iam not sure, it was when they first started to drop epic tokens.

Todays patch seemed to break a lot of icons.

Bloodthorn staff is a question mark in house storage, invisible in my on person inventory. Only shows in list view.

The epic mob buffs are just blank spaces, I think it was the epic auras and the fearlessness, no more icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Todays patch seemed to break a lot of icons.

Bloodthorn staff is a question mark in house storage, invisible in my on person inventory. Only shows in list view.

The epic mob buffs are just blank spaces, I think it was the epic auras and the fearlessness, no more icons.
    A new set of client/prim lookup files are queued for patching. That should fix those issue and should be patched shortly.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information