Thread: Experience on crafting. Biped. Did I miss something?

Default Experience on crafting. Biped. Did I miss something?

I can'tell find anything on client release notes, but playing my biped, I noticed I no longer gain experience points making simple things. e. g. Boards, orbs, bricks, bars. While in a secondary crafting school. Example, I do not gain exp. Making boards while in carpenter. I did do a full scan/patch, no change. Did the crafting mechanics change recently? Or is this a bug?
    Sorry if this is in wronge thread. Not sure what to put it under.

Default Re: Experience on crafting. Biped. Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    I can'tell find anything on client release notes, but playing my biped, I noticed I no longer gain experience points making simple things. e. g. Boards, orbs, bricks, bars. While in a secondary crafting school. Example, I do not gain exp. Making boards while in carpenter. I did do a full scan/patch, no change. Did the crafting mechanics change recently? Or is this a bug?
    Sorry if this is in wronge thread. Not sure what to put it under.
    I'm by no means am an expert on Biped Mechanics, but from my very limited experience with them simple items will not grant xp if your over a certain level . EX t 1 boards will give you little to no exp at lv 50 etc . To track the suspected bug we need to know what school your char is in , level it is in said school , all of your craft schools , and resource you where trying to make . This information is vital for the devs to help out also submitting a support ticket with Medium priority and said information would be helpful.

Interested to see if im correct with this please pm results .

Thanks
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

If you look at system feedback in a tab it might say something like what I see.
    For my dragon it says you have gained no exp for "Bars/Bricks/Essence/Spells/Scales" while I am in "Crystal Shaping" or "Lair Shaping" School/Class, I only gain that exp when in "Dragon Crafting" School/Class.
    I would guess it works same way for peds.
    You have to be in the base school that makes that item to get the exp.
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

XP goes off of skill, if you are in Carp school you should get XP making boards (lumbering skill) because that is a skill Carp does get XP in, unless your skill is to high for the boards you are making. If you are at Opti or just over Opti to make the item that's when you get the most XP per item and it drops off as your skill gets higher till you get nothing.
    Last edited by Dacurly; July 1st, 2016 at 11:53 AM.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarius Shadows View Post
    For my dragon it says you have gained no exp for "Bars/Bricks/Essence/Spells/Scales" while I am in "Crystal Shaping" or "Lair Shaping" School/Class, I only gain that exp when in "Dragon Crafting" School/Class.
    This message appears if you are in the wrong school.

If no exp message at all appears, then you gain 0 exp because your skill is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarius Shadows View Post
    That's why I'm confused. I get no message in feedback about it. It just says "you have created 900 elm boards" Yeah I would think it would mention something about gaining no exp due to school restraints, or too high skill or something, but nope!

You get that message when you first get a bit too high to gain experience from them. I think once you get *way* too high to get experience, you no longer get the message.

Thread Information