Thread: Appearance Change Token

Question Appearance Change Token

After purchasing an appearance change token, you can change the way your character looks. The only thing that bugs me is the extra fee to do this, without an option to make sure it looks alright. (Paying for something you're, to a certain degree, unsure of.)

I would propose the following:

A. Upon using an appearance change token, (not upon new character creation) a player has 24 hours to play and view their character performing actions ingame, etc. to make sure that everything looks alright. I suggest this because I have made characters in the past that look good in the creation window but become somewhat wonky or undesirable in appearance when performing certain animations.

OR

B. Implementing a feature in the creation/appearance window to preview different animations, e.g.
    -running
    -walking
    -flying and/or gliding (for dragons)
    -casting
    -gathering
    -combat
    and so on, to make sure that the appearance you choose, be it at creation or at a later date, will look the way you desire it ingame.

This has probably been suggested before but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Default Re: Appearance Change Token

Well I don't know of any other game that allows you to revoke a appearance change. Nor have I used one. So I disagree with 24 hours but the idea to be able to view basic animations is a good idea, but also if it uses the same location creation window as normal character creation I would strongly request we can do different backgrounds as some of them really mess with the colours you thought you had picked (looking at you hatchling creator)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

(good to read you again, Calyndrell:-) )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

A great idea! I love the way my dragon looks but in deadlands....ehhh...the weather kinda makes her look dull. (though some other designs ive had? i prefer their looks in deadlands!) I think knowing this i may have swapped her decal/scale colours around perhaps....

So I think the latter, B, that is, would be best.
    Though i think that much of that is really only applicable with great impact to dragons.

Bipeds don't change at all in different environments, dragons do change.
    Bipeds have many gathering animations depending on the tool...dragons have one.
    Bipeds even have two different casting animations, dragons have one.
    Dragons have different (?) animations (slightly) depending on life stage (see: that one mod that gives hatchlings the better looking animations because it gives hatchies adult animations for running and such) even.

The only place where this makes a great difference to bipeds is that the beast-based races run/walk differently to the human-based races, obviously especially for dryads.

Not that i'm against it for all races, and I would love to have it, it just seems near pointless/or more difficult to give to bipeds.

Beside, the camera angle for adult/ancient preview is still bugged so how are you supposed to see how you look if you're already past the hatchling stage?

What I suggest is: If you're going to change your appearance, put the character in like a different character creaton like location, where you can choose the background. For example, you hit the character remake, it pops you in like a New Trismusy pond/forest like location by default with default normal environment light, then you can swap to like frozen area, deadlands, etc. So you can see the different lightning/coloring you get. You could also hit like a button where it could change the animation and it would be looping it over and over untill you switch to another, like: walking animation, gathering, running, flying, combat position, casting.. etc.

Also, make the room bigger and the character a bit more behind so once you hit the adult/ancient preview you can actualy see the character, you can also instead of having just normal look mode and zoom in mode, you could have a third option, so it would be like: 1. Overview (you can see the character a bit more from afar completly), Closer Look (Which would be the normal view now), and Zoom In (which would be the actualy zoom in option).

Also why not instead of showing numbers when changing decals and scale colors, you just place up names? You know, one has to be switching from one to another and another to find the color they're looking for. Instead of it being Decals: 1-2-3-4-5... Just name them: Decals: Small Dot, Medium Dot, Tiger, Lines... If it asks you to fit the text making the windows a bit bigger, so be it. Its not like it takes so mutch of the screen anway, just move the center camera from the character a bit to the left and voila, space.

Theres so mutch you can do with the character creation window. I would show or change it myself, but I have no idea how haha

Hope my voice will be heard.

Great ideas so far!!!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

With different backgrounds and more movements as suggested this would be a nice feature.
    I would consider using this to make some small adjustments to a current character.
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

That would be a lot of work but maybe if you pick some spots in game,lava,forest,mountain,rainy,blighted areas then you don't have to make new "Rooms". Is it even possible to make char do movements in place?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I'm pretty sure it is possible, it is just make the character do certain animation, like the animations where you don't actualy move from place, Emotions per say.

Thread Information