Thread: Decryption error

Default Decryption error

Does anyone know of a fix for the decryption error on first log in? I have already disabled the FIPS algorithm and restarted my PC. I still get the error. I am on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Thank you

Default Re: Decryption error

Does anyone please have anything I can try? I downloaded and installed the Launcher Updater, still getting this error. I have removed the game, re-downloaded the setup and re-installed, no help.

Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Thank you for the reply. The entry in knowledge base regarding my issue is where I got the idea to remove the FIPS algorithm, which unfortunately did not help. I did open a ticket though.

Well hopefully they will not be to long getting back to you on this issue, I put in a ticket on an issue on the 21st of July and have not got a reply yet, they must be busy
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Are you a local administrator on the pc?

Decryption error sounds like it is having some trouble extracting the game files, or extracting files downloaded to try and patch the game.

If the game is installed to c:\Program Files (x86), either uninstall it and reinstall choosing a custom destination (if it allows you to do that), and choose C:\Istaria. Or manually make the new folder, C:\Istaria, copy from C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria to C:\Istaria, then delete the old shortcut, make a new shorcut to c:\Istaria\Launcher.exe. Try running it from there. I'm at work so can't check, but it might be c:\Istaria\jLauncher.exe One of the 2 is obsolete, only 1 will work.

I am a local admin on the PC. I just uninstalled and re-installed to a custom folder and made a new shortcut to jlauncher.exe, still the same error. I did not see launcher.exe, so I couldnt try that one. I also tried giving my account full control permissions to the entire Istaria folder. Still the same error. I have already made sure the folder and contents are not set to read-only.

I do not know what else I can try at this point, so I hope they can get to the ticket sometime soon. Thank you for the suggestions though.

Thread Information