Thread: Drifting quietly into the Void

Default Drifting quietly into the Void

Hello everyone,

I am not quite sure if anyone will remember me since it has probably been several years since I have online...
    While I am quite an old player tracing my roots all the way back from Chaos to EU server Unity and finally to the EU server of Wind.
    For a long time I have been pondering but one important question… Will I ever return to Istaria after my so long absence while continuing my payment for 2 subs. Thanks to my expired CC I knew I had to make a choice soon.

To make a long story short... For various reasons I sadly could not bring myself to re-install Istaria and play it again (mostly the crafting grind to be honest), therefor I have decided not to renew my subscriptions and instead of paying/not playing (which I have done for probably 1-2 years), I will be a player who is now going permanently into the void.

I have had fun times, good times and annoying times and my only regret will forever be not giving Gallinthus the solo RoP that I had planned for him... Anyway no matter how far I will go from Istaria, one thing I will never forget... The great kindness both on the community forum and ingame.

I wish everyone well for the future.

Goodbye from:
    Rvlion the grouchy Lunus Ancient
    Dralion the long lost son... Lost in the void between Unity and Chaos.
    Gallinthus the eternal hatchling
    Lohasbrand the hatchling who never got the chance
    Sslion my one and true biped... Another reminder from the old days of the Wind server
    The family.jpg
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Default Re: Drifting quietly into the Void

Good luck wherever your travels take you. Who knows could some day be back to Istaria

Very sad to see you go. Probably far too late since you've been mostly gone for almost 2 years, but if there were things we could do to improve the game for you we'd certainly love to hear them before you are truly gone.

Either way, safe travels and best wishes in life and in whatever games you land in!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Your voice has been missed here.
    Take good care and best wishes!

Never forget that you have wings-even if you can`t see them, even if you do not fly.
    And scaled brothers and sisters will greet you welcome (back)-wherever-whenever
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Very sad to see you go. Probably far too late since you've been mostly gone for almost 2 years, but if there were things we could do to improve the game for you we'd certainly love to hear them before you are truly gone.

Either way, safe travels and best wishes in life and in whatever games you land in!
    Thank you for responding to my post.
    Like I mentioned I have many reasons, most of which originate not with the game but me as a person. As a gamer I am a real single player at heart, tried being social in guilds in various webbrowser games and other MMO's through the years, but either the game got boring or the guildmaster and I were not on the same level so to speak or which made it worse I became guildmaster which made the game feel like a second job next to my real life job.

I also doubt that you have many players atm who have all their main characters in a private guild like me. Lol

In general I play through a game once and I am done with it for at least 6 months, however depending on how fun it is I stay longer... Or a whole lot longer like with Istaria before I actually started not coming online for prolonged periods. While I still think having to kill >100 yew treants for <10 rare craft components is a sligtly low droprate, however the fact that I already had a max level character who had all he needed probably lowered my motivation by quite a lot. Also while back in my more active days the newly introduced endgame content was beautifully made it somehow never got me aroused to really go for it. Again a personal thing.

Last but not least I am a dragon person. I dabbled a bit with bipeds, but of all the attempts I made only Sslion was kept and mostly because he was a leftover from the ancient days of the dreaded EU servers. This also closed of a whole lot of the game for me.

Trust me, the game has been a lot of fun for me while playing and the only MMO were I actually thought of placing a permanent goodbye message eventhough I had already been away for years. All the others just got uninstalled and fast forgotten.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I remember Rvlion.
    You will be remembered, all the best!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Perhaps you will decide to return again someday.
    We will be here waiting..
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am not quite sure if anyone will remember me since it has probably been several years since I have online...
    While I am quite an old player tracing my roots all the way back from Chaos to EU server Unity and finally to the EU server of Wind.
    For a long time I have been pondering but one important question… Will I ever return to Istaria after my so long absence while continuing my payment for 2 subs. Thanks to my expired CC I knew I had to make a choice soon.

To make a long story short... For various reasons I sadly could not bring myself to re-install Istaria and play it again (mostly the crafting grind to be honest), therefor I have decided not to renew my subscriptions and instead of paying/not playing (which I have done for probably 1-2 years), I will be a player who is now going permanently into the void.

I have had fun times, good times and annoying times and my only regret will forever be not giving Gallinthus the solo RoP that I had planned for him... Anyway no matter how far I will go from Istaria, one thing I will never forget... The great kindness both on the community forum and ingame.

I wish everyone well for the future.

Goodbye from:
    Rvlion the grouchy Lunus Ancient
    Dralion the long lost son... Lost in the void between Unity and Chaos.
    Gallinthus the eternal hatchling
    Lohasbrand the hatchling who never got the chance
    Sslion my one and true biped... Another reminder from the old days of the Wind server
    The family.jpg
    You can Archive all your Characters but one and KEEP playing Istaria with those two Characters on those accounts.. Thats what im doing XD if your level 100 on both accounts on both characters your so fine :P you cant level up anyway so.. Enjoy it
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

I`m sorry i don`t know you or any of your characters but it always makes me sad to see someone is leaving. Especially in such days where Istaria gets new stuff. Maybe i can at least encourage you to stay in the community and ride along . Forums have alot of content and i would be happy to hear you give the game another try .
    Maybe c you around
    But if not, goodbye. Was nice to know ya ^^

The Void is not the end...

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Perhaps you will decide to return again someday.

Good bye!
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information