Thread: Hotwo: Tinker your own seamless Istaria GUI

Default Hotwo: Tinker your own seamless Istaria GUI

Greetings!

After watching on Racktor's very very cute videos and, of course some of the others, too, I decided to try that on my own :-)
    This one explains how to create a nice graphical interface for both, adventurers and crafters. It's based on my biped character but surely works okay on dragons aswell.

Don't forget to set YouTube to it's highest quality (Video is based on 1080p/FullHD!).

https://youtu.be/QLUV9DaUWzs

Enjoy

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Default Re: Hotwo: Tinker your own seamless Istaria GUI

Nicely done.

Mines not as orderly as yours . I use all 20 hotkeys with more for crafting as thats what I do more then hunting. Gonna edit mine and use some of your hotkeys ideas such as buffs/fighting/healing and such. Much better then the mess I have right now lol.

Screenshot 2015-09-11 09.37.20.jpg

Oh, your gui looks interesting, too

------------------

Thanks for posting this! It's a great change from my haphazard layout

One question - what file is the spell casting bar in? I want to move mine as it's down in the left hand corner and whenever I cast something it's actually behind the hotkey bars so I can't grab it and drag it. Which DEF file is it in so I can edit the position by hand?

You're not able to edit it by hand by simply editing the predefined files. The location of the Hotkey bar is stored somwhere in your personal prefs folder as far as I know. It looks like your Hotkey bar fpr spells is overlapped by some other element. Could you post a screenshot of your gui, please? Maybe I can see where's the issue then (Press F12 for a screenshot in game. It's stored at '<your_istaria_folder>\screenshots').

Elt

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Thanks for posting this! It's a great change from my haphazard layout

One question - what file is the spell casting bar in? I want to move mine as it's down in the left hand corner and whenever I cast something it's actually behind the hotkey bars so I can't grab it and drag it. Which DEF file is it in so I can edit the position by hand?
    A good way to find your spellbar when it's overlapped is selecting a mob (the target dummies in Kion are perfect for this) and casting a repeating bolt and then toggling your UI (default "/"), because of the repeating bolt the spellbar will keep popping up, allowing you to drag it somewhere where it would be in view when you toggle your UI on again.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    A good way to find your spellbar when it's overlapped is selecting a mob (the target dummies in Kion are perfect for this) and casting a repeating bolt and then toggling your UI (default "/"), because of the repeating bolt the spellbar will keep popping up, allowing you to drag it somewhere where it would be in view when you toggle your UI on again.
    Thank you!

I could see it behind my hotkey bars, but never could grab it. The archery target trick worked perfectly.

Thread Information