Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Daily/Weekly Login Bonus

Default Talk to the Team: Daily/Weekly Login Bonus

Other MMOs such as Rift, Guild Wars 2, etc have a Daily and Weekly login bonus. You login, and once per day get a bonus "chest" that contains random rewards. Login every day for 7 days and you get a Weekly bonus that contains greater rewards (better and more of them).

If Istaria were to do this, what sort of rewards would players like to see?

Some possible ideas:
    - Resources
    - Purchased Materials (such as those for Confectioner)
    - Tokens of Gratitude
    - Potions of Experience (XP multipliers)
    - Technique Components
    - Trophies
    - Coin Purses
    - Blighted Equipment

Some things that would likely be off-limits:
    - Tokens of Loyalty
    - Direct XP Awards
    - Crafted Items

What ideas do you have?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Daily/Weekly Login Bonus

How about for the weeklies on a very rare chance some of the legacy items, forms and/or techs like Primal Flash, Vital Defiance, Primal Vengeance, Eminence, Dim Crystal of Might, Boars Hide Mask, Moss-Covered Club, Dim Crystal of Might, Veteran Dark Garnet Weapon Crystal, and others.

Depends if there would be choice of item and tier. Tier 1 trophies would be pretty useless to lv 61 unless they plan on lvling other schools.
    from rewards listed, Blighted eq seems to be least popular at least on chaos. I can see potions of exp most wanted.
    If there was some sort of calendar where you could see,this day you can claim resource,this day you can claim component,this day trophy etc, that would be very good. If we cant choose tier then it would be best to show what tier item is before claiming reward.
    I can see coin purses be very useful to lowbie characters as coin is really hard to get on low lvs.
    Instead of blighted equipment daily reward could be some blight cores and a random formula.
    Resources sound very good but what quantity,how would they be claimed? they are pretty heavy.

for weekly rewards....
    Those who miss how old epics used to be crafted might like this. How about making copies of some legacy items (copies with minor changes so the old items are still rare). Weekly reward could be a piece to make one of those items. They could require 3-5 pieces to craft. Formulas to craft them could be weekly rewards too. that might liven up market a little. it would also take fairly long time to put an item together if pieces are random.
    Im thinking mostly about regal weapons,scarab jewelry as those had fun and interesting effects on them and not overpowered.
    if that doesn't work,maybe a new currency that is obtained weekly and a vendor who sells pieces for this new currency for really high price.
    Also weekly rewrds could be mixed with a set amount of epic tokens,rift tokens,fiery tokens.
    An epic disk that would require multiple pieces too? 16000 bulk,2 items. dragon and ped variety. Golden and Silver textures.
    Speed wings and speed boots? +40 to Speed /Fly speed.
    Special Head accessories?

How about a new cosmetic following pet that would be reward for set days of logging in through the year?
    No consecutive logins.
    For example
    2 logins for gruok/chicken/sheep/cow.
    5 logins for wolf.
    10 logins for golem.
    15 for beetle.
    30 for arbotus.

50 for skeleton with shield and sword.
    65 for aegror.
    80 for fyakki.
    100 for diamond golem.
    150 for blighted hatchling.

just random ideas....

Also Potions of experience effect would not stack with other potions of experience. Those could be tiered too. 20,40,60,80,100%.

These could be also awarded for number of logins,cosmetic only:
    -steiner/mug
    -torch/lantern
    -skull
    -old tome
    -bunch of flowers/ fish on hooks
    -crystal ball
    -very ornate outfit,genderless
    -very ornate dragon mask
    Last edited by Tilithia; August 25th, 2016 at 03:39 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I forgot to mention
    -steiner/mug
    -torch/lantern
    -skull
    -old tome
    -crystal ball
    these would be left palm accessories.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Tokens of gratitude please :)

Some ideas we are bouncing around. Appearance change for character, new haircut, etc. These could be more expensive options.

Appearance change techs for gear, that applies to all pieces. So the armguards, hands, legs, shoulders, boots, and chest can be changed into a new style/appearance. This could be done with drag to apply techs.

The new appearances for gear could be class specific. Or not.

The new appearance for gear could have particle effects, a subtle glow, etc. One set could give a subtle flame glow, another could give a frost glow. Lots of fun things could be done like this.

If the full matching set is equipped, some new emotes, unique to having that gear set on, would be available for the player. If this could be done, it would be really cool. And different sets could get different unique emotes. Some the emotes could even have an associated spell effect/particle effect. So that you do something with a flourish, and say a flower grows out of the ground, you pick it, then hand it away, then it poofs out as the emote finishes. Emotes would be a longer 3 to 10 second animation/effect.

In rift, I remember how much fun I had changing the appearance of my character. Same goes for Diablo 3. Being able to personalize a characters gear is something people will work for.

I don't think old gear would be deserved rewards for logging in.

Instead of doing events where exp is doubled, potions that give extra % exp for x time period could be possible rewards. So that would go on all year. The double exp events wouldn't be needed really, and stopping those would prevent someone for getting quad exp if they used a doubling potion during a double exp event. That might not be a popular idea, but really being able to get extra exp at the users time of choosing could be better for the player. If that effect could be made to not fade on death, would be sweet. Could even have separate bonus exp potions for craft or adventuring.

But I would really love some new emotes with spell effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
    Depends if there would be choice of item and tier. Tier 1 trophies would be pretty useless to lv 61 unless they plan on lvling other schools.
    from rewards listed, Blighted eq seems to be least popular at least on chaos. I can see potions of exp most wanted.
    If there was some sort of calendar where you could see,this day you can claim resource,this day you can claim component,this day trophy etc, that would be very good. If we cant choose tier then it would be best to show what tier item is before claiming reward.
    I can see coin purses be very useful to lowbie characters as coin is really hard to get on low lvs.
    Instead of blighted equipment daily reward could be some blight cores and a random formula.
    Resources sound very good but what quantity,how would they be claimed? they are pretty heavy.

for weekly rewards....
    Those who miss how old epics used to be crafted might like this. How about making copies of some legacy items (copies with minor changes so the old items are still rare). Weekly reward could be a piece to make one of those items. They could require 3-5 pieces to craft. Formulas to craft them could be weekly rewards too. that might liven up market a little. it would also take fairly long time to put an item together if pieces are random.
    Im thinking mostly about regal weapons,scarab jewelry as those had fun and interesting effects on them and not overpowered.
    if that doesn't work,maybe a new currency that is obtained weekly and a vendor who sells pieces for this new currency for really high price.
    Also weekly rewrds could be mixed with a set amount of epic tokens,rift tokens,fiery tokens.
    An epic disk that would require multiple pieces too? 16000 bulk,2 items. dragon and ped variety. Golden and Silver textures.
    Speed wings and speed boots? +40 to Speed /Fly speed.
    Special Head accessories?

How about a new cosmetic following pet that would be reward for set days of logging in through the year?
    No consecutive logins.
    For example
    2 logins for gruok/chicken/sheep/cow.
    5 logins for wolf.
    10 logins for golem.
    15 for beetle.
    30 for arbotus.

50 for skeleton with shield and sword.
    65 for aegror.
    80 for fyakki.
    100 for diamond golem.
    150 for blighted hatchling.

just random ideas....

Also Potions of experience effect would not stack with other potions of experience. Those could be tiered too. 20,40,60,80,100%.

These could be also awarded for number of logins,cosmetic only:
    -steiner/mug
    -torch/lantern
    -skull
    -old tome
    -crystal ball
    -very ornate outfit,genderless
    -very ornate dragon mask
    Rather not have Potions of Exp... I dont want to Play Another Daybreak game.. And you know... Everything get Expensive Due to demand of Exp potions... Those potions REALLY killed me in playing games that use em.. It just makes the game too too too easy... I dont like them sam i am.. i do not like green eggs and ham...
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Other MMOs such as Rift, Guild Wars 2, etc have a Daily and Weekly login bonus. You login, and once per day get a bonus "chest" that contains random rewards. Login every day for 7 days and you get a Weekly bonus that contains greater rewards (better and more of them).

Some possible ideas:
    - Resources
    - Purchased Materials (such as those for Confectioner)
    - Tokens of Gratitude
    - Potions of Experience (XP multipliers)
    - Technique Components
    - Trophies
    - Coin Purses
    - Blighted Equipment

Some things that would likely be off-limits:
    - Tokens of Loyalty
    - Direct XP Awards
    - Crafted Items

What ideas do you have?
    Amon... Careful when doing EXP potions... Those things can kill a game right off... Pay to win... you know.. Pay to progress ETC... I don't want trolls coming here saying such things.. Again be-careful what you do with them Please... this gos for trophies to.. Again becareful what you do okay? Also Coin Purses.. You do NOT want to Inflate the world currency.. Or it becomes Everquest where Plat is the only coin that Speaks not gold Silver or copper... the Right things to do though Would be materials crafting related mats, Techs, Blighted gear, Basic Gear from basic Shops.. that should automaticly detect your level.. Uiniqe Blighted gear that can only be aquired from the daily logins, Things that can only be aquired from logging on.. like Special food, potions and such.. (level related) Example.. (is a human level 8 biped) opens the chest gets 10 instant healing potions level 1, A unique blighted Armor that can be Aquired from the daily reward, and basic Bronze materials and techs for that level tier... just never include coin thats a real RIP in a video game.. you want the community to earn coin.. not make it easy.. Everquest 2 did this and the inflation is through the roof :(
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...

It depends which server board I think is which.

Arch, I don't think Amon means giving like 5 gold for logging in or something. It'd moreso be along the lines of 20 silver.

Also remember that you aren't paying to win with the Double-EXP potions. You are logging in to win. These are login bonuses, not cash shop items. You log in and voila! You got a double exp potion for logging in 20 days in a row! Gratz!! You know? If your concern is only paying players getting double exp, well... I guess I can see the issue if they plan to pay every other month but can't get the bonus for logging in every day when they're on their free non-leveling months. But most people who are free players forever aren't going to be leveling unless they're a grandfathered human.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Arch, I don't think Amon means giving like 5 gold for logging in or something. It'd moreso be along the lines of 20 silver.

Also remember that you aren't paying to win with the Double-EXP potions. You are logging in to win. These are login bonuses, not cash shop items. You log in and voila! You got a double exp potion for logging in 20 days in a row! Gratz!! You know? If your concern is only paying players getting double exp, well... I guess I can see the issue if they plan to pay every other month but can't get the bonus for logging in every day when they're on their free non-leveling months. But most people who are free players forever aren't going to be leveling unless they're a grandfathered human.
    just Dont want my Childhood game ruined that's all Racktor, So im only Concerned.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

XP potions should be bound to character if done separate craft or adventure ones(these would have to exclude trophy turn-in xp though).
    I like the idea of totally random trophies and Comps, would be good for the Market place too.
    Gratitude tokens only to be included in the weekly reward I think.

Perhaps also include something like a Epic token fragment in the weekly, so like 10 can be exchanged for 1 epic token to give those that don't really hunt a chance to get an Epic item (taking a lot longer to get it to make it fair)?

I`m in on Tilis idear of new changed versions of the legacy crystals. Maybe on day 30 of a month you get a like 10% or 5% cance to get a piece for thse crystals on logging in. Forms also as a login bous. These crystals are unique so i would make them a rare chance. Or maybe just one day adding another evet getting such rare crystals who knows :). Anyway as i said. IF you add them make them rare. 5% or 10% chance.
    Adding exp potions? Maybe some with 10-20% more xp over an hour. That maybe as a day 20 or higher bonus.
    I`ll think of more :)

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

What about tokens that we can turn in for the formula of our choice (like when you've been trying for months to get that last basic cooking formula and you're sick of farming T1 mobs as a 100 character), or that we can accumulate and trade for comps that we need in the way that we can use old outdated comps?

If you were to do it as a daily chest... make a random chance at a bit of cash on par with what you might see out of a chest, a chance at a formula token, a chance at a comp token, tokens that we can use at a trainer for cooking bits or travel scroll bits, shoulder pets, whatever.

For a weekly prize chest I would say maybe a chance at two/three tokens of the above sort, a bit more cash (up to two chests worth), a random scroll or potion, an old fashion one DP eating ambrosia (1% chance), a two hour double XP potion (1% chance), novians, a rare item of use, blight cores...whatever.

Most important to me is that, whatever it is, it's eventually relevant. I don't want to accumulate a bunch of crap I don't need/want or that takes up a bunch of space and takes so stinking long to accumulate that you come up with something new before I've gotten enough.

whatever it is please pleae do not make them attuned.

I like Idana`s suggestions

but Smaug- and all others who will hate me:
    I think the things should be attuned for obviers reasons..
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    just never include coin thats a real RIP in a video game.. you want the community to earn coin.. not make it easy.. Everquest 2 did this and the inflation is through the roof :(
    I don't know how things work on Chaos. but as far as Order goes.. there is no real need for much money, less for buying forms and such from venders... so not sure how this would change anything as far as inflation or anything else is concerned. We give out forms if we have spares, People help each other.. make armors/weapons and all sorts of usable without even charging more than maybe a few silver? And this game actually at one time, gave coin bags with small amounts of money, as drop from killing mobs. So they exist in the database already

You can still get coin bags as loot. I don't remember where or what i got them off of but i recently got a few while hunting for trophies I think it was.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

You can get a lot of coin bags from opening chests, I've probably got a few hundred of each type now that I don't even open. Not really sure what i'm doing with them or why i'm hoarding them. lol

set a hotkey,Use Item,drag coin bags,execute hotkey. then click and leave your character alone for 30 mins :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

All of the above; RNG with % added to bonus for consecutive bonus redemptions (i.e., the more you do it, the better your chances of something really nifty showing up... over time). Maybe that RNG bonus resets at the end of X time, maybe it eventually DOES NOT. So many ways to go. :)
    Bherel Auphun (Chaos - main)
    Roasted Sumatra (Chaos)

Sassi Quickwing (Blight)
    [Beryl, house of the Kindred Spirits, Dawn Server, R.I.P.]

How about epic items? tokens, components for making ally plaques e.g. cords, bars, ect...
    Demon, blood, and so on essence, and maybe if you log in consecutively for a year (365 days) you have the chance to win a core for the ally plaque. This will only apply to those who have a level 100 ADV school character on their account.

Other items possibly obsolete items? I know several players who are looking for things that are no longer readily available in game. maybe a chance to receive any random obsolete item. This would include old spell forms that are no longer in game (sold or looted)

I`m sure I`ll think of more ideas later, but that`s all I got for now XD

Thread Information