Thread: [RAID] - Siege of the Aradoth Frontier

Default [RAID] - Siege of the Aradoth Frontier

A dragon flies into the Chaos Marketplace, visibly distraught and exhausted. He takes a second to catch his breath before gathering the attention of those who haven't noticed him yet and opens a scroll case that had been tightened around his waist.

From it he pulls a weathered parchment and unrolls it on a nearby table.

The dragon explains that the parchment was taken from an Aegis encampment deep within the Eastern Deadlands, and that he has reason to believe that these could potentially be invasion plans as the locations marked on the map correlate with various gifted outposts, settlements, and cities. Though he hasn't figured out what each individual mark means.

What he does believe is that it won't take long for the Aegis Generals to notice one of their maps has been taken, and they no doubt will initiate the invasion sooner than planned.

He urges his fellow gifted to prepare for the attack and to spread the word before flying off.
    ____

Details
    On Sunday the 28th of August there will be a multi-staged raid on the Chaos Server, this raid will consist of 5 stages, playing out over the various marked areas.

The starting time will be around 8pm CEST, this corresponds with:
    2pm EST
    11am PDT
    If there is any other timezone that people would like to know, comment in this thread or use This Converter.

Upon starting there will be a chat channel created to discuss the raid and give feedback if neccesary.

Furthermore there will be several smaller raids during the rest of the day, as well as a potential rerun of the event at a later time for those that couldn't make the first one (and of course for those who wish to go again).
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Default Re: [RAID] - Siege of the Aradoth Frontier

Looking forward to it. Sharpening claws now, checkin scales all in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    A dragon flies into the Chaos Marketplace, visibly distraught and exhausted. He takes a second to catch his breath before gathering the attention of those who haven't noticed him yet and opens a scroll case that had been tightened around his waist.

From it he pulls a weathered parchment and unrolls it on a nearby table.

The dragon explains that the parchment was taken from an Aegis encampment deep within the Eastern Deadlands, and that he has reason to believe that these could potentially be invasion plans as the locations marked on the map correlate with various gifted outposts, settlements, and cities. Though he hasn't figured out what each individual mark means.

What he does believe is that it won't take long for the Aegis Generals to notice one of their maps has been taken, and they no doubt will initiate the invasion sooner than planned.

He urges his fellow gifted to prepare for the attack and to spread the word before flying off.
    ____

Details
    On Sunday the 28th of August there will be a multi-staged raid on the Chaos Server, this raid will consist of 5 stages, playing out over the various marked areas.

The starting time will be around 8pm CEST, this corresponds with:
    2pm EST
    11am PDT
    If there is any other timezone that people would like to know, comment in this thread or use This Converter.

Upon starting there will be a chat channel created to discuss the raid and give feedback if neccesary.

Furthermore there will be several smaller raids during the rest of the day, as well as a potential rerun of the event at a later time for those that couldn't make the first one (and of course for those who wish to go again).
    These are the Stuff players enjoy.. Great job Devs, Where our actions matter
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Chaos eather in Elia or Harro unless I go to sleep while being lazy in NT ;p

Ohhh... wow looks like there is going to be some fun times happening

Hmm, now where did I put the scale polish and wax
    Solarrian Windwalker - Helian - 100/100/100/100 DGMC
    Drackhen Windwalker - Helian - 48 Adv - 41 Craft
    Timeraiire - Lunus - 35 Adv - 35 Craft
    Chaos Server - GL Casual Heroes

Is anyone going to record this?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
    Is anyone going to record this?
    I do not believe anyone has come forth saying that they will, and I will personally be changing locations too much to record a proper video.

As an update, final preperations were made today and everything should be good to go. There were some predictions of thunderstorms that could potentially delay the time at which I'm able to run the raid, though from the current looks everything should be fine.

If anything does come up I'll try to make a timely announcement, but for now all lights are Aegis green.

as for the potential rerun of the event at a later time, it would be around 2am CEST, depending on whether there is demand for it or not.

I'd like to thank everyone who participated for coming to the event, it was a lot of fun and though we had some slight problems with crashes it felt like a very successful raid!

I'd like to reiterate that switching to the blight client currently is a good idea as there is a bug on the live client that will cause a crash if the source of an attack (the mob) isn't loaded fully, with the amount of mobs that were spawned this is likely the cause of many of the crashes that were experienced, but it's fixed on the blight client.

Concerning the rerun of the event: It will be at 2am CEST as mentioned, though it will not be a replica of the event. Rather it will be more concentrated on spawning of actual epics rather than an invasion of Aegis so people can potentially get more loot over a shorter amount of time.

Grats on a successful raid, good to know Order wasn't the only one with mass crashes. Shall patch to blight tonight and see if that's what my issue was.

Also, thanks to you and Sars running raids again. Have missed those, you guys are wonderful.
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

Quote Originally Posted by silverth View Post
    Grats on a successful raid, good to know Order wasn't the only one with mass crashes. Shall patch to blight tonight and see if that's what my issue was.

Also, thanks to you and Sars running raids again. Have missed those, you guys are wonderful.
    Thank you Silverth.

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    Concerning the rerun of the event: It will be at 2am CEST as mentioned, though it will not be a replica of the event. Rather it will be more concentrated on spawning of actual epics rather than an invasion of Aegis so people can potentially get more loot over a shorter amount of time.
    Small update, I figured out what to spawn and where, so instead it will actually happen at 1am CEST.

Just small feedback. the parts I really liked were when reklar "came" through blighted portal and the global messages were fitting,and also when something happened to the rift gate and elial and his guardians got free. Id like to see more things like this,thats was really good
    Fantastic raid!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Chaos eather in Elia or Harro unless I go to sleep while being lazy in NT ;p

Was a lot of fun, thanks again
    Solarrian Windwalker - Helian - 100/100/100/100 DGMC
    Drackhen Windwalker - Helian - 48 Adv - 41 Craft
    Timeraiire - Lunus - 35 Adv - 35 Craft
    Chaos Server - GL Casual Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
    Just small feedback. the parts I really liked were when reklar "came" through blighted portal and the global messages were fitting,and also when something happened to the rift gate and elial and his guardians got free. Id like to see more things like this,thats was really good
    Fantastic raid!
    Thank you Tilithia I actually had a few more global messages prepared for the first raid but sadly due to how some things went they would only cause some confusion. But yes, definitely trying to get a more involved storyline with each Sunday-raid!

I've actually been brainstorming on some ways to get crafters more involved, or maybe even a vocal point of a raid, but it's still all very rough.

Also, I'm glad you enjoyed it! (and you too Solarrian)

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Totally enjoyed the Raid and congrats go to Liseth for keeping it fun and not turning it into a grind.
    Got to test many combos on Epics I normally wouldn't so for me this was Educating as well as a whole lot of fun.
    Perfect Sunday night entertainment.

Yes it was great fun
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

I'd love to see a few pic's from a Bi-ped point of view on the raid
    Must have been ....."interesting" standing under 40 Ancients :')

No since taking a pic, all you could see was different colors go every which way.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Awsome fun last weekend Had a blast The only thing i could wish for was if we actually failed that the gate or landing pad would be destroyed and we would half to rebuild them . With the big boys you spawned Spawn 40 minions Rock Orgs Abominations t6 blight ect make it hard for us to get to the bad guy fast }:>
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Awsome fun last weekend Had a blast The only thing i could wish for was if we actually failed that the gate or landing pad would be destroyed and we would half to rebuild them . With the big boys you spawned Spawn 40 minions Rock Orgs Abominations t6 blight ect make it hard for us to get to the bad guy fast }:>
    Really glad that you all enjoyed it.

This was taken into consideration in fact Lightning claw, however I myself don't have the capability yet (and spawning 15 of anything already pushed most people, though that is also due to the live client bug). I'm definitely going to keep improving more and more on each invasion!

Tese raids are really fun and keeping up a certain storyline like with the map. Also not beeing a copy-over from Order is cool. Each shard is it`s own hehe. Thats what i heared was going on earlyer. Now it would be awesome that if we fail the city is going over to aegis property XD.
    On this place i wanna thank you for trying to keep this up. I know it`s alot of work also with preparation. Thanks alot (i think is peak for all).
    I would love to make videos of the raid but massive spawns and alot of players, effects and fighting bring alot of trouble. My computer can handle it but not my internet. At one point my screen was lagging as an earthquake.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Thread Information