Thread: [RAID] - A Friendly Reminder

Default [RAID] - A Friendly Reminder

Valkoth crushes the letter in his clawed fist, puncturing the weak parchment with his talons. “Fools! All of them!” The letter is tossed into the small pit of lava by the old ancient’s paws. It catches immediately, burning to a crisp before anyone could save it. Ahead of Valkoth, a small blue dragon stood, shifting on her feet. “Sir… the Helians aren’t wrong this time,” she pipes up, voice shaking with nerves as the large dragon turns his head back towards her.

“No, they are. There’s no way; Dralk is too far inland and too far from any Blight. Unless General Reklar himself marches up to our gates, there is no way,” Valkoth retorts, his fangs mere centimeters from the courier’s snout. She takes a few steps away, cautiously. “Sir…”

“I said no!” He roars, sending the courier scrambling backwards.

“Last time we denied a warning like this, it ended up with our brethren being raised from the dead! The last time we thought we were safe, Draak was taken! Sir, please, listen to reason!” She cries, eyes moving between the opposing faction's leader and the pool of lava where her letter was cast.

Valkoth simply stares at her with small slitted eyes. Was he…?

A few minutes pass. "Tell Semeneth I appreciate the thought,” he finally says, voice cold. “Send word to the Gifted; prepare to hold the southern volcanic border.”

~~~

Far away, deep within the Blighted Eastern Continent, the blight dragoness waits, licking her wounds and regaining strength. The emotionless silver eyes stare at the horizon to the west, the huge barrier wall blocking her line of sight from her target.

“Soon, Gifted… soon….”

~~~

The aforementioned blue courier drops into Dralk’s center, calling all from far and wide to gather. “Gifted!” She roars, lifting her wings for attention. “The Blight gathers for an attack! We must prepare! Ready your weapons, ready your claws! Sharpen your swords and sharpen your minds! Tomorrow we fight to protect our homeland!”
    (Timezone not listed? Use this converter.)
    Where?
    In-game global messages will give clues to the location of the starting point of the raid. From there on, it’s gathering your friends and pushing back the assault.

Come prepared. Relenting in defense will result in further push of the Blight towards Dralk. Your goal is to protect the Dragon homeland city.
    (Disclaimer: As this raid is specific to the Order server and due to current limitations, there will be no possibility of a true take-over of Dralk with shut-down portals and blighted grounds. Arrival of the Blight in Dralk will, instead, render the city unusable until it is cleansed due to mob count and strength.)

Default Re: [RAID] - A Friendly Reminder

Im gonna bring a hatchie to see whats going on since I don't have a high lv char on order - looking forward

Is anyone going to record this?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Please remember that Order is a role-play server and therefore I will be a role-play presence when my character is visible. However, I do not expect absolutely everyone to participate in any role-play that presents itself.

I do kindly ask you to use brackets if you are not role-playing and to be respectful of those that wish to. Thank you!

Edit: Oops, this isn't targeted at you, Tilithia; you managed to post the instant before I did.

Heya Sarsilas, looking forward to the raid, Den shall again be there and he's looking forward to seeing you again. :P

Also, seems there's a bit of confusion? upset? over your request about the brackets. Someone seems to think you're enforcing a rule or something.

I'm cool with the request, everyone is pretty good with brackets for OOC anyway. ^^
    See ya at the raids tomorrow. I apologize for Denaryr in advance.
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

Oh I certainly remember Denaryr.

For the brackets - I apologise for any confusion. I meant to remind people that Order is the role-play server so I, personally, will be role-playing, but I do not expect everyone to do so. Think taunts and calling out orders to the Aegis.

The brackets are simply a kind request from me personally; they are not a rule of the server itself and are not entirely necessary, but they certainly keep things clear between in-character and out-of-character so no one gets confused. Would it be preferred if I made a channel called "Raid [RP]" for role-playing and kept main chat clear? I don't wish to step on anyone's toes.

Planning to be a silent watcher,thats all ^^

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Hey Sars, great raid today (even if Den crashed a lot), had a lot of fun searching for the invasion. I don't think I've seen 40+(visible) players on the server in a long time, excellent job.

Event channel and the [RP] Friendly Reminder channels were active too, thanks for using them to keep us focused. I think letting market channel know about them helped keep things neat too, less confusion.

Sad I had to run to work, Den, Aurelea(so?), and Rinn were making some wonderful plans for Sarsilas too. Next time I suppose. Thanks for running the raids on our server, I've missed them, and let Ludwik know that Avaria misses him!
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself I was surprised at the turnout of players, myself; I didn't know Order had over 40 active players available at the given time!

Again I apologise for the crashing that happened throughout, but it seems it had a lot to do with an issue fixed by the latest Blight client. I, personally, was running that client, so that is likely why I didn't crash as much as anyone else did - I never crashed the entire time, in fact, and only relogged once.
    Liseth explains it here:

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    I'd like to reiterate that switching to the blight client currently is a good idea as there is a bug on the live client that will cause a crash if the source of an attack (the mob) isn't loaded fully, with the amount of mobs that were spawned this is likely the cause of many of the crashes that were experienced, but it's fixed on the blight client.
    Thank you for all who showed up and participated! It was a wonderful turnout of players and I was very glad to see so many of your faces. Next time I'll be employing different tactics (mixed with the new blight client) that will hopefully stop the crash issue. I feel it was successful, if a bit truncated from the crashing; I meant for the initial assault phase to last longer, but I didn't want to cause irritation.

I hope to see you all next time! From now on, any large events of this form will also be hosted on Saturday for Order, so I can stay up longer and focus better rather than having to disappear so swiftly to prepare for getting up early the next day.

Good job Sarsilas! I really enjoyed it even if I crashed around 10 times. SSD makes logging back in not anymore annoying

Everyone, a small hint on crashing issues: If you crash while you try to log back in that is probably due to the fact you're in the middle of a well-spammed area (Lots of messages, activities, fights, tons of players around, tons of mobs around, and so on..). Do not give up logging in then. Take little break (say 2-5 minutes) and give them online players time to clear out the area. Then you should be able to get in again. Go snatch a coffee, cookies, popcorn, do a bio, write your diary, check the wiki! *smiles*

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

yes -thanks alot!!! I really gave up hope , that we`ll ever have such events again.
    Though Flame and me had continual crashes and murder lag -and only got 2 out of 4 chars back ingame we had a good time.

Do not miss us this week- Starting on Thursday ending next Sunday- we`ll have a big rl meeting/event.

Istaria 2016- alive and kicking!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'm glad you two enjoyed the raid! Again, I apologise for the crashing and next time I will optimize it the best I can to avoid crashes and errors.

Lovwyrm, enjoy your RL event; I imagine your claws will be missed in the Gifted forces this week

These events on Saturday certainly works a lot better for me!

Generally, I work on Sunday, so I can't get on for those, but Saturday works!

I plan to be there!

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Thread Information