Thread: [Event Raid] - The Augusts of Aubadrine

Default [Event Raid] - The Augusts of Aubadrine

On Aubadrine, the dryad Thaelen Nôran has been researching the ways in which blighted forces have been invading the lands. Whilst the progress has been slow he has started to figure out the various means, and believes he might have a breakthrough soon. Meanwhile reports have come from the Tower of Nature that the environnment surrounding the Island of Aubadrine and the Tower of Nature have started to act up, the waters have been raging almost nonstop, the Bridge of Hues has paled in it’s vibrancy as strange storms gather overhead.

~~~

“Gifted!” a wispy voice calls out in the marketplace. “I bear fortuitous news! A dear friend of mine has been delving into the inner workings of the Aegis and has been making headway, he says he might have figured out how their portals function.”. A gentle red haze spreads in the central agora before the golden dragoness Liseth materializes and continues her dialogue. “His name is Thaelen Nôran, a dryad living at Aubadrine, though I fear the Aegis have caught wind of his research and might be planning to quell it soon” she pauses and looks in the direction of Aubadrine with a hopeful glint in her eyes before returning to address the crowd that has gathered “Please, I ask of you to keep an eye on him, I have cast a few protection spells around his residence so that he should be invisible to the Aegis atleast for some time, but no doubt will they still try to find him. I’ve also discussed with the Grove Sentinels whether they could offer some protection, but they are engrossed in fighting back the Ebon Gurad as it already is.”

“For now, and those willing to help, prepare. The Aegis will undoubtedly strike, and they shall strike hard.” A somber look spreads across her gaunt reptillian face before changing to a more determined look. “Hail Istara! Hail Drulkar!” She calls out before leaving in a red haze similiar to the one she arrived with...
    A single sheep now roams the spot she occupied

~~~

Details
    When: 8pm CEST, September 11th. 2pm EST, 11am PDT
    Another timezone? use This Converter.
    Where: It will mostly take place on and around Aubadrine, though depending on how the gifted perform it might spread to other places as well.
    Other:
    • The start will be announced in global and marketplace.
    • Raid chat will be created for coordination. ('[RAID] - Augusts of Aubadrine')
    • All storytelling will happen in raid chat.
    • There are time constraints to some phases of this raid, bring your best fighters.
    • Included will be a crafting section.
    • If the Aegis succeed, it will influence future event raids, likewise, depending on how the gifted succeed the story can continue in several unique ways.
    • Sadly I currently still cannot offer extra rewards seperately.

If there are any questions do not hesitate to ask.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: [Event Raid] - The Augusts of Aubadrine

Awesome sauce

nb, i'd scrap the idea of "extra rewards" the rewards are in the just taking part in a raid of which there will be many taking part. Including a crafters section is great news and if 'any' rewards are to be given then i'd say increase the XP for the craft parts to x2 if its possible, then they have an incentive to craft for the Empire and not just for themselves

I shall make a live stream event of this occasion! ^^

Due to time constraints the raid will be moved an hour forward to 7pm CEST.

I'd like to thank everyone who participated and hoped you all had fun! I apologise for how time-restricted I myself was.
    Due to said time restrictions all future raids will be at 7pm CEST rather than 8pm.

As always, feedback is at all times highly appreciated.

And lastly, as mentioned during the final part of the raid, a follow-up post to the story will be made later this week.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Unfortunately, I missed last nights raid as I planned it in for 8pm. I spent 2 hours getting a char kitted out but didn't join the Raid chat till 7:45 only to find out it was all but over as it started earlier
    Oh well, I hope all had fun and at least the char is ready for next time.

ps, so how did the crafting section go? did they win?

Raid was great fun. And I think it was perfect (maybe just that little pickle with Fallgut)
    Crafting part was to bring 150 radiant orbs and 250 travertine bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Unfortunately, I missed last nights raid as I planned it in for 8pm. I spent 2 hours getting a char kitted out but didn't join the Raid chat till 7:45 only to find out it was all but over as it started earlier
    Oh well, I hope all had fun and at least the char is ready for next time.

ps, so how did the crafting section go? did they win?
    I apologise I couldn't announce the start at an earlier date, a lot of things were last minute the past week which led to very weird time constraints.

The crafting part itself was to see how players would react to such requirements in raids, and to provide a break for those who'd want that. and it seems it was received quite well.

They did win! no matter how many troops I threw their way the gathering of gifted was too strong. as mentioned a follow-up post including some art will be posted later today in a progress report thread.

Chaos eather in Elia or Harro unless I go to sleep while being lazy in NT ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Zoubek View Post
    Raid was great fun. And I think it was perfect (maybe just that little pickle with Fallgut)
    Crafting part was to bring 150 radiant orbs and 250 travertine bricks.
    I was just had hoped that when I went back to my alt's lair that I or one of the ones that use my alt's lair had not depleted the orb stock or it would have taken a few more min to supply them lol. I guess I will start making sure I keep some stocks of stuff handy for the next one as I expect the amounts needed will increase as time goes on for it to be a real challenge
    Solarrian Windwalker - Helian - 100/100/100/100 DGMC
    Drackhen Windwalker - Helian - 48 Adv - 41 Craft
    Timeraiire - Lunus - 35 Adv - 35 Craft
    Chaos Server - GL Casual Heroes

I`m so sad i couldn`t join ;-;. Anyone up to tell me the story? XD

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

What did the crafters do while the adventurers were fighting off the Blight? Did some of the town get destroyed and have to be rebuilt? Or was it like that wall in New Trismus?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

It was mostly a test to see if it would work and it did so I expect it to become a lot more involved as time goes on.

On this raid it was Trav bricks and Rad Orbs to help speed up research into what the Aegis are really up to. Really was a token amount but it was cool for the story

*coughs* progress report thread *coughs*

While the storms raged on overhead, many of the gifted rose to defend Thaelen, his research and most importantly Aubadrine itself.

It wasn't long that the gifted had to prepare as soon several Anchors accompanied by Phantom Mages assaulted the shoreline of the island, attempting to create steady portals to overrun Aubadrine with Aegis forces.

The gifted quickly rushed to the first target, the air filled with the sound of dragon wings beating and bipeds marching forward, a greater Anchor looming dangerously close to the entrance inland, it proved very little resistance to the combined might of the living races and was downed quickly.

An Aegis regiment rushed inland as their entrance closed behind them. they managed to approach the small river before blade, flame and arrow descended upon them.

with the large threat gone the gifted once more resumed to finding the portals and bringing them down.

the next anchor, a lesser one, was found high on the mountain, no doubt the Aegis thinking the elevated position would give them an edge in the battle. This was proven incorrect by the gifted as the dragons swiftly ascended the mountainside, the bipedal races in tow.

As they shut down the second portal, a strange object was found amongst the remains, this artifact was taken for examination once things would have cooled down.

With two down, there were two more to go, a third one was found by the beach not far from the first one. Another greater one, this one assisted by far more Phantom Mages than the one before it. While the gifted struggled against the mages for a while it did not take long for them to gain a foothold in the battle, and shortly thereafter the Anchor fell.

With another one of the portals closed the Aegis launched another desperate raid towards the center of the island. To keep things under control the gifted split up, one party taking care of the invaders inland, while another focused on the Anchor.

It wasn't long before the assault ended as the last of the Anchors fell and the gifted plucked whatever forces were left from the lands. With the attack ended there was finally time to examine the Artifact that was found on the remains of one of the anchors.

Some had suspicions on what it might be and what it functioned for, but none could be all too sure about it, as it was though, Thaelen was already researching the blight, perhaps this artifact could help him? And so it was decided that the artifact be given to him.

However, due to frequent use of certain reagents, he just happened to be short a few materials, and asked the gifted to gather that which he was short. It wasn't much, a few travertine bricks and some Radiant Orbs.

It was quickly decided that two dragons, as they had the easiest way of reaching the island, would collect the materials. Aftrr a short break, that most gifted relished in, the dragons returned.

But they seemingly not only brought just the materials. as Thaelen started his research once more, the Bridge of Hues seemingly started to pale, losing it's vibrancy, and shortly thereafter Bond Keepers and their adepts flooded the Island.

Fearing the worst the gifted geared up once more and protected Thaelen fiercely. Once they had taken down most of the forces their fears were made a reality, as Falgut the Slaver made his way across the Bridge of Hues, every step seemingly darkening the already pale array of colours.

As the abomination stepped onto the land the gifted gave it their all to try and stop it, yet it seemed none of their weapons could harm him, any wounds quickly healed and closing in seconds.

Laughing loudly Falgut made his way further down towards the entrance inland, but finally, upon reaching the shoreline, the regenerative spell upon him disappeared, With an deep grunt he instead focused his attention on that which only seemed like gnats before, now struck hard blows upon him.

The battle was fierce, but soon the gifted had succeeded in bringing him down, his heavy body hitting the ground with a loud thud.

Many rejoiced, and it wasn't long before Thaelen appeared out of his still invisible house, waving a scroll in one hand, frantically trying to get the attention of the gifted with the other.

"Hail gifted!!" Wings fluttering he hurried himself over to the largest gathering. "I've got it! the answer to that artifact you've found!" as he talked the dryad rapidly unfurled the scroll he had clutched in his hand.

Several heads peered over him, trying to make sense of the scribbles and scratches all over the parchment. "now, this artifact is exactly as some had feared, a vital instrument in supporting the blight portals for the Aegis. They use these to stabilize the energies that are required for portal travel, and-". Seeing many puzzled looks Thaelen instead rolled the scroll back up and hands it over to a nearby dragon.

"Never mind that, I wouldn't be able to explain it to some of you even if I tried. No, bring the scroll and keystone to one of the gnomes, I've been gone from the mainland so long I wouldn't know who is the most well learned in portal technology, but I'm sure you can figure it out." And with that he fluttered back to his home, disappearing as he entered.

(I apologize for any potential typos)

Cool! Thank you for the progress report.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Very good storyline writeup

I look forward to joining more of these in the future and seeing more of the story unfold.

Sooo will there be more evenutally?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoubek View Post
    Sooo will there be more evenutally?
    Of course! sadly my personal time schedule means I cannot log in during the week (so less random raids), or very rarely if so, and last week had to be postponed due to some technical issues, but next week should be interesting!

No rush Liseth we all know thos is immense work next to the normal work a dev has to do.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Thread Information