Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An American in Istaria's Empire

Default An American in Istaria's Empire

Day 1

So you've all heard those stories, right? The ones where people suddenly wake up in another place, or even another time. Yeah, never thought it would happen to me. But guess what? It did. And now...

Well, I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Janne Doe. Yes, that's my actual name. My parents weren't too good with names, but that's not important. I don't know if anyone will actually read this, but the writing helps. Not sure how long my cell battery will last though, but maybe I can find some way to recharge it later. Heck, I don't even know how I'm getting any cell service out here to post this with! Magic, I guess. Anyway, where to begin...

I guess it all started when I got the brilliant idea to go treasure hunting--on a boat--in the Bermuda Triangle. Genius, right? As luck would have it, I got sucked into a whirlpool. I thought I was a goner, but instead I wake up in front of this giant glowing crystal suspended by lightning bolts inside a marble... I want to say gazebo, but that doesn't seem quite right. For one thing, it doesn't have a roof. There's also somebody standing underneath that crystal. "Welcome Gifted!" he calls. No idea what that means, but I'll find out soon enough.

Now, I know what the saying these days is. "Pics or it didn't happen", right? Luckily, my phone's camera still seems to be working. Let's see if I can get it to upload...

There we go. And in case you were wondering, here's a selfie of me:

And no, those aren't my clothes. I woke up in those, along with a backpack, and nothing else. No ID, no wallet, no money, no car keys, no boat keys, and no first aid kit. Nothing but my cell phone. I have no idea how that stayed around while I lost everything else. Oh, and most of the apps on my phone got wiped. All that seems to be working is this internet signal and the camera. I can't even call anybody. So maybe this blog will reach somebody back home, maybe not. But I hope so. I'll keep posting updates and photos when I can just in case. But for now, I'm gonna see what that guy knows about where I am...

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Default Re: An American in Istaria's Empire

Journal Entry

The day started off pretty normal. I decided to spread my wings and take a look after Karane. Maybe even bring her some fresh deer. She`s not getting younger. She almost treats me as a student meanwhile. But i know to become her student and in the end the next Historian it takes alot more than just being nice to her. Anyway, as i entered her lair she beckoned me to come closer. She gave me a strange looking book. I`ve never seen it before. It looks completely new. As i looked up Karane was about to sink into her researches again. I didn`t want to bother her so i opened the book. It was almost completely empty... Only the first page was full. I started reading...

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    Day 1

So you've all heard those stories, right? The ones where people suddenly wake up in another place, or even another time. Yeah, never thought it would happen to me. But guess what? It did. And now...

Well, I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Janne Doe. Yes, that's my actual name. My parents weren't too good with names, but that's not important. I don't know if anyone will actually read this, but the writing helps. Not sure how long my cell battery will last though, but maybe I can find some way to recharge it later. Heck, I don't even know how I'm getting any cell service out here to post this with! Magic, I guess. Anyway, where to begin...

I guess it all started when I got the brilliant idea to go treasure hunting--on a boat--in the Bermuda Triangle. Genius, right? As luck would have it, I got sucked into a whirlpool. I thought I was a goner, but instead I wake up in front of this giant glowing crystal suspended by lightning bolts inside a marble... I want to say gazebo, but that doesn't seem quite right. For one thing, it doesn't have a roof. There's also somebody standing underneath that crystal. "Welcome Gifted!" he calls. No idea what that means, but I'll find out soon enough.

Now, I know what the saying these days is. "Pics or it didn't happen", right? Luckily, my phone's camera still seems to be working. Let's see if I can get it to upload...

There we go. And in case you were wondering, here's a selfie of me:

And no, those aren't my clothes. I woke up in those, along with a backpack, and nothing else. No ID, no wallet, no money, no car keys, no boat keys, and no first aid kit. Nothing but my cell phone. I have no idea how that stayed around while I lost everything else. Oh, and most of the apps on my phone got wiped. All that seems to be working is this internet signal and the camera. I can't even call anybody. So maybe this blog will reach somebody back home, maybe not. But I hope so. I'll keep posting updates and photos when I can just in case. But for now, I'm gonna see what that guy knows about where I am...
    It looks like a kind of diary/ journal.
    Strange words i`ve never heared before... What is a cell battery? Or a internet signal? I asked Karane who wrote the book. She said:" Nobody. I know every single book here in this lair. This wasn`t here before. I would have recognized it if someone snuck into my lair and put it in here. No... it was just there. Keep an eye on it for me would ya?"
    Sure i will! This book caught my interest. I will look after it and see if something changes! Maybe i will even find out who this Janne Doe is...

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Sorry for jumping in like this but i like RP like this XD. I can`t wait to see how your first sighting of a dragon turns out hehe.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Lol no worries. I was hoping somebody would.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Pretty exciting

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Still Day 1:

I... wow. Just--wow! Ok, deep breaths... So... Apparently, I’m dead. Or rather, “immortal” as this guy, Ryson Stormbringer tells me. I died an untimely death--probably drowned--and now I’m in a land called Istaria, and if that wasn’t crazy enough, these guys seem to have an undead problem. No not like me, the other kind of undead. You know, horror movie stuff like zombies and skeletons and all that. This place is a special training island for the newly... reborn Gifted. Oh, and this building isn’t a roofless gazebo after all. It’s a temple to their goddess Istara. Huh... I wonder if they named the country after her?

Where was I? Oh yeah. According to Ryson, who is also one of these immortal “Gifted”--except he no longer has a body--how does that even work?!--their top mages performed a spell to try and stop this horde of undead, Blight, I think he called them? Withered Aegis? Sorry, I’m just still wrapping my head around this... He talked about a lot, mostly about how he ended up as some sort of ghost... spirit... thing inside this temple on this island... It was a crazy story about this last stand battle and him charging into the heart of the enemy army with what amounted to a small nuke and blowing it up at point blank range right in the bad guy leader’s face! Guy sure had guts, Gifted or not!

Here's a picture of the guy before I forget. He's standing in this beam of light right underneath that giant suspended crystal. Can he even leave that spot, what with him not having a body anymore? Might be rude to ask...

Anyway, the spell didn’t do what they wanted, but it did something. And that something was turning some of the population into immortal demigods. Looks like I’m now one of them. I’m still kinda too shell shocked to try explaining that I’m not an Istarian... I doubt he’d understand me anyway. Wait--he mentioned Living Races... What did he mean by that? Humans and... Dragons?! And what the heck is a Fiend? I--maybe I heard him wrong... Ow... This is... this is too much to take in right now. Ok... so those two people behind him are trainers, huh? Adventuring and Crafting. Got it.

Well, the sun’s going down, and my brain is too full to absorb all of this right now... This seems a safe enough place to rest for the night. I’ll sleep on it... figure things out tomorrow... Maybe when I wake up this will all have been a weird dream... Heh... I wonder what my readers will think of this crazy trip? If I even have readers...

Signing out for the night,

-- Janne Doe

Journal Entry 2

Wow! It just happened! I was hanging over the book and got a little bored of waiting. Sooo... i sat onto the book like it was my hoard just for fun. Ya know... since i don`t have any hoard yet it kinda felt good. What? I´m just a hatchling don`t judge me! It is true. From my first entry one could think i`m a grown adult or even ancient. Well i am older than a hatchling should be... Exact 754 days to be honest. I gathered quite some life experience wich makes me look grown up in mind :P. I`m still a hatchling for a reason.

My parents were killed when i was a egg. The undead took my egg towards the dead pool. Who knows what they were planning... Unfortulally for them they crossed Karane. She slaught them and took my egg under her wing. Since then i`m helping her and i hope to become her student... and one day the next Historian! I`m working hard on her lair, keep it clean and learn everything about Istarias history i can. Everything a Lore-Keeper should know. Still she seems not really interested into taking me as a student... I haven`t bothered with taking on my own adventures since i want to reach this goal!

Oh i digress! Where were i? Yes the book! I was sitting on it for the... hoard feeling. Suddenly my butt started glowing. No not my butt as i thought. I jumped off with a shriek just to see the glow on the book fade. Eager to know what happened i opened it. The second page was full! So there IS someone out there filling this book! Janne Doe exists. But why and how she`s writing into this book without beeing here is beyond my understanding. Istaria has quite a big range of magic.

If this is true what Janne is writing here she must be comming from a world beyond our known realms. This is pretty exciting. I haven`t heared of any cases like this one yet. She died in her world and was reborn as a Gifted in ours. Hm... I need to find out where she is and ask her about it. Sounds like her world was only full of humans. How boring... I can`t imagine a world domesticated by a non-dragon race. I`m curious how her first meeting with a full grown dragon will be like. Dragons these days are mostly friendly to nakas but i bet for someone who doesn`t know we seem like beasts looking for a snack. I suddenly come to think of a Gnome...
    Anyway... i think of following her trail. Maybe meet her but for that i`d have to leave Karane for now... The biggest distance i went on my own is fom Karanes lair to my own little "lair". It`s more like a hole in the mountainside. There are no real dangers on this way. Not like the nasty spiders patrolling on the road to Chiconis... First of all i would have to go to Skalkaar and learn the basics of crafting and fighting. Karane tought me nothing of this because she wanted me to go to Skalkaar for that and start my own adventure. This could be my chance but how will i be able to become her student then?

My interest into Janne Doe is bigger than the urge to stay at the moment. I will ask Karane to leave her for a while and go to Skalkaar. After i´m done there i will seek out this Ryson Stormbringer...

Woah did Karane just...? Sorry just let me order my thoughts.

Journal Entry 3

This is my 3rd entry this day! Still alot is happening today. I went straight over to Karane after i finished entry 2. Her answer to my question actually surprised me. I`ll quote it:

"Finally! Pryzm i thought you`ll never get it!" First i didn`t know what to answer until she explained: "Pryzm i know you want to become my student. But how am i supposed to accept you as my student when you don`t even know the basics of our kind? There are things i cannot teach you. Things you can only learn my going on your own adventures.Also you need to know how to defend yourself. Imagine if you are the next Lore-keeper of dragonkind, a hatchling allone up here on Historians hill and you get attacked by those who want to know our secrets? Yes you could always go and seek help in Chiconis but until you arrive with help back here everything will be destroyed. It`s not because you are weak and a hatchling Pryzm. It`s because you aren`t ready yet."

I honestly never thought about it. What if Karane wasn`t strong enough to slay the undeads stealing my egg? Seeing it this way opens a new way for me. I will train and seek out my own adventure while i keep an eye on the book!

"Hm... There is just one problem." What kind of problem could there be now? She just said she wanted me to go. And now i need to stay? I was thinking into the wrong direction... She ment another problem: "I have absolutely no time to bring you to Skalkaar." Normally the hatchlings are brought to Skalkaar by their parents when they are ready. I can`t walk there allone! But yet again Karane teaches me some things the hard way. I am also gifted you need to know... With a smirk in her face that could mean nothing good she said: "Oh well you have to learn it sooner or later anyway."

The next thing i remember is looking into little Spitfyres face. The Hatchling Emissary on Skalkaar. She really did it! Karane sent me straight through my first death! I`ll spare you with further details...

Well, i`m here now. It worked. I`m sitting here next to Skalkaars shrine finally doing what i should have been doing earlyer. If i ever get to meet Janne Doe i need to thank her. It`s her arrival that sent me on my journey to adulthood.

Day 1
    Death Counter: 1

Can i keep going like this or do ya wanna have the thread for your own flamestar? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pryzm View Post
    Can i keep going like this or do ya wanna have the thread for your own flamestar? XD
    Go ahead! I'm enjoying reading about your hatchie's adventures as much as you are reading about my human's.

Journal Entry 4
    Day 2

Okay this was a pretty exhausting night. While Janne went to sleep (According to her book entry "Signing out for the night" whatever that means. I don`t have to sign something to go to sleep. Humans are strange creatures.) i worked through half of the night. Spitfyre told me what to do since he was awake again. Probably due to my sudden appearance. The first death is awlways the worst. You might forget some things wich come back later. So far i seem to be ok. Anyway the adult dragon and adventure trainer Instructor Karkath taught me the basics of comebat. I killed something for the firtst time! Those spiders close to Karanes lair are way to strong for me to train fighting. I basically am a bloody newby when it comes to crafting or adventure. I have all my knowledge from parchments, scrolls and books. Karane was right. Nothing of that helps me in comebat when i don`t DO it. He then sent me to the local crafting trainer, Artisan Jemenoth. Creating something with your own claw is something different than just reading about it. Ofc i listened to everything Artisan explained me but i know how to smelt copper and tin ore into a bar already. Now my knowledge came in handy! Well... again doing it is different than reading about it. If i were a human i would have burned my "fingers off" hehe. It`s good to be a dragon who can lay down into a lava pool. Speaking of it... After i created my first claw for comebat a sacale to raise my armor a bit i was pretty tired. I had to gather everything myself! My claws are hurting a bit. I guess they got a bit soft from all these days of studying books instead of doing something for them. I`ll have to work on that. Nobody likes a scrapetail! Oh flame! I really start to realize what i`ve been missing out here. But i have the advantage of knowledge. I might be a hatchie but i already know most of Istarias history, our factions, the undead and other important things. I can see the path i will be going! But for now half of the night is over. I`ll try to catch some sleep before the sun rises. The warmth of the Lava pool next to me is already making me sleepy.
    So... yeah i`ll be... "Signing out" for the night.

This ma sign hehe --> Pryzm

Death Counter: Still 1

Day 3?

Well, so much for all of this being just a weird dream. The long nap was nice, but maybe I shouldn't make a habit of it out in the open. Wait--I slept for how long?!

OK... So apparently not only can these Gifted people go for ridiculously long times without eating or drinking, but they can also go without sleep--with the occasional problem of randomly taking naps for days, weeks, months, or even years at a time. Gotta be honest, that's weird even for demi-gods.

I "bound my soul" to the "shrine" they have here--whatever that means. I think it has something to do with the whole "being immortal" thing... But I still have to decide which of these "adventure" and/or "crafting" schools I'm going to join up with... Guess if I'm stuck here for now, I might as well get a job, right? Huh... I'm not much of a fighter, so maybe a crafting school will be better. At least if I don't like one, I can try out another until I find a good fit. Then again... I should probably learn at least one of the adventure schools. I'll look like a pretty big idiot if I can't defend myself.

Warrior seems like the easiest for now, and Outfitter doesn't seem too bad. Oh cool! I got armor and training tools right off the bat! And quests! Wait--what? Kill three little pigs? What am I? The big bad wolf? Gather so much flax and come back? Those don't sound very epic. Sounds more like homework. Aw well... gotta start somewhere, right? Let's see how this armor fits... Whoa! This stuff is heavy! So's the sword and shield! Maybe this will be harder then I thought...

Almost forgot! I had one of the trainers take a picture of me in my new armor. It didn't come out quite right, but I'll get a better one later. Maybe...

Last edited by flamestar; November 29th, 2016 at 02:03 AM.

Still the same day, night, next day

Ouch! Those were no three little pigs! More like mini wild boars! Even with this armor that still hurt. If those are the babies, I'd hate to see the adults. But I got the "quest" finished and got my flax and holy cow those are big spiders! Oh yeah, did I mention there were giant spiders hanging around the flax plants?

Shhhh.... Be very very quiet. I'm hunting piggies!

A dentist's nightmare. Look at those teeth! O_O

I got one!

Got all three pigs and now off to find that flax.

Huh... so this is what clothes are made out of. Cool.

I've never used one of these before. Never even seen one. Let's hope I don't screw up too badly.

I crafted my first things! It's just flax spools and a cloth belt and it's not pretty, but I actually made it myself! That's pretty awesome. I wonder what else I can learn to make...

And now I have to go kill some of those spiders... Ew! Just... ew! And those are just hatchlings?! Nope! Nope-nope-nope-nope-nope NOPE! Not doing that again! Not at close range anyway. Maybe I should try a different adventure school...

^Big steaming pile of NOPE!

Oh yeah, I noticed something else while I was out in the field. I could hear Stormbringer's voice giving me instructions all during the quests. Weird, but useful. I wonder how he does that? More magic I guess. Speaking of magic, it seems the trainers put a spell on me, or something. Maybe's it's just another Gifted perk. Anyway, everything I needed to find had big floating names over it. No joke! You probably noticed it in my last selfie and in these other pics. Looks like the spell extends to my cell phone camera too. The good news is that I can turn it on and off at will. Also, if I focus on something, it glows with light, I guess to help me find it easier. I can even change how the glow is shaped. That's pretty cool. Reminds me of something out of a video game. Enemies I kill glow too, and have this little sparkle hovering above them. Also, the people I need to talk to have this weird bubble over their heads. One of the trainers even pointed it out to me, so I guess this is a normal thing here.

Anyway, I'd better get back. I just learned this new skill called "Recalling". So that's what the shrines are for! This is so cool! Huh... I think the adventure trainer mentioned something about a mage school. So I can learn more magic? I might try that one...

Entry 4

Might as well just label these as entries instead of days. Hopefully it'll make things less confusing.

This place just keeps getting weirder and weirder! Ok, so I went back to the adventure trainer to switch schools, and he just up and yanked all the armor right off me! Left me in my underwear right there in front of everybody! The others were polite enough not to say anything, but I really hope this isn’t a common thing whenever I want to change schools!

Me in my new mage gear

After getting a shielding spell to protect myself with, fire was my first spell as a mage, and wow is it amazing! I was actually covered in flames while casting it, and they didn’t hurt me at all! I had to go hunt the grulets and spider hatchlings again though. The shield spell seemed to work great against the grulet tusks, but those spider bites still hurt if I let them get too close.

Burn, baby! Burn!

Oh, by the way, I saw another of the Living Races, I think. It was a little fairy with butterfly wings. I waved hi, and they waved back, but I guess they had their own quests to do because they didn't stop to chat. Weird that I could see their name too. I wonder if they could see mine?

Now that I’ve roasted some spiders and grulets, I’m off to do some mining and smelting for my next outfitter lesson. I found a mine near the beach, and found out two new things about the Gifted. They can fall off cliffs and get back up without even a scratch, but the tradeoff is that they can’t swim. That Gift ritual sure did some crazy stuff. Looks like I’ll have to be careful around the water from now on...

I know I should be surprised that I can even read this sign since it's not in English, but for some reason, I'm not.

At the mine

It sure is big in here.

Ugh... Mining is hard work! The sun already set by the time I came out of the mine. The sky sure looks pretty tonight though.

Here goes nothing...

I have successfully made my first metal bars and a ringmail belt! They came out a little lumpy, but I’m sure I’ll get better. It’s a lot of work, that’s for sure! This seems like a safe enough spot to rest for another night. Heh.. other Gifted might not need much sleep, but I plan on keeping to as normal a schedule as possible. Don’t want to wake up and find myself like Old Rip Van Winkle!

Good night.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    I really hope this isn’t a common thing whenever I want to change schools!
    (( While I hate to be the bearer of bad news..... ;D

These posts are great, I love following them! Keep it up! ))

((Really enjoying this thread. ))
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Same here. Keep it up!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

((Thanks guys. If anybody else wants to post their character's reactions to somehow finding these "journal" entries, go right ahead!))

Journal Entry 5

Whoops! I guess my nap was a little bit longer than expected... I slept for quite a while next to that lava pool until a newly arrived Dragon named Macheeba poked me friendly into my side. She said that she passed me quite some times now and that i`m still sleeping so she thought about waking me up. I hit my nuzzle on hers when i rushed up with my head and we started laughing. Anyway. I noticed while i was sleeping, three new entrys have been added into Jannes book. Strange that i didn`t wake up from the glow it`s emmitting when a new entry is beeing added. Well, maybe because of the lava pool next to me that also glows.

So... Janne really seems to not know what is a Gifted, magic and other things like ped schools... This must be a blow to her mind when everything is so new to you and at first you think you`re just dreaming... But when she isn`t from this realm, wich then? I know no other realm close to ours that makes life possible for a human... I will have to tell this to Karane when i meet her again! This is so interesting. Looks like she isn`t used to kill animals yet. Well i guess she will soon get to know it closer. On Spirit Island the mobs are kind of friendly but i guess when she encounters a wolf later she won`t have that much luck. Come to think of the undead wich already settled on New Trismus. You better train your skills on the mobs that are still kinda harmless... Picking the Mage school is a good choice when you don`t want that much of a close ranged combat. Also it looks like she didn`t really meet much of the other races in Istaria. I wonder how her first encounter with a dragon will come out. Must be some kind of beast to her.

Anyway, i continued my journey through the portal and i finally reached New Trismus. Kerian the Dragon Craft Trainer and Avariatus the Dragon Adventurer will take my training from here on. First Kerian wanted me to prove my crafting skills. No problem! I like Spellshards more than metal because they are made of stone but i need to learn about both. So on my way to the local Sandstone field a human named Pratt McGrubben called out to me. The town is in trouble! Some skeletons walked up too close to the town wall and Pratt wanted me to slay them. They are a thread to the whole town. You could think that a town under siege has a bit more guards but suddenly nobody was around... So i agreed and jumped right into it! I was pretty excited this is actually my first encounter with the undead. I red so much about them but close up they are different. Evil, bad news, not showing a bit of mercy. While fighting i started to rwalize what Karane ment. I started learning stuff on instinct. I just knew it all of a sudden when i got wounded badly. I summoned the primal elements themselves, conjuring a breeze foul to the undead but sweet to myself. It caressed my scales and my wounds started to close. This new knowledge was very useful. Thank you Karane for giving me a push into the right direction!

I took a quick nap before finishing the Spellshards. I told Kerian i was meditating on my new knowledge but i guess lying at your teacher wasn`t a good idear. She`s too smart... anyway she made me finish my first spell with the shards i just made and was pleased with the result. It was just a simple Prime Bolt, a ranged spell attack but if i had that before i messed with the undead, the fight would have been alot easyer. I guess from now on i`ll jsut stick with what the teachers tell me to do or i`ll get in trouble with Kerian again. She is very strictly but tell you when she`s pleased with your work.

Avariatus then sent me to test my new spell. Ranged attacks can be very useful. Now i know why Janne prefers Mage. You don`t get hurt that often in ranged combat but i got some good scales. I just hit them a couple of times with the bolt til they are with me and then i place the final strike with my claw! During combat with other creatures i tried new moves and learned more stuff on intuition. This starts to make fun! I can`t wait to tell Karane about my little adventures. For example i just knew all of a sudden how to send out piercing winds by just flapping with my wings strong enough. Avariatus called this attack Galewind i think. I didn`t know that hatchlings already have such strong wings. Yet we still can`t fly...
    Sadly i got a bit carried away in my thoughts and ran straight into an undead patrol...

Death counter: 2

I will be more careful. I may be a dragon but i can`t take on the whole world allone. Even Malganival Lunus knew this. Thats why he became such a great warrior. A little bit depressed,i went back to Kerian. She noticed that and suggested to make a new pair of claws and scales so i may become stronger. That cheered me up. I made some new Garnet-Tipped Dragon Claws and a new scale to get a better protection from the mobs and Avariatus sent me to test them on the local spiders. They do just great. I feel stronger already.

Well i guess i`ll make a little break for now I learned alot of new stuff today and i would like to think about ti and deepen my knowledge. Also it`s already night again and i don`t want to run into another patrol by accident!
    So til next time.

The night passed, and dawn approached the Tower of Mages. I rose my giant ancient skull and stretched, my body itching for a flight. Although it was well into the morning, the skies were still dark. I wonder if we have any company today, I thought to myself.

I'm Waterwing, as many of you might know. My task is to assist Naithis in guarding and watching over the tower. Not many pass through here, albeit the gifted. You could say we're the flight patrol. The air is cold and crisp, and full of magic. For some, it's intolerable. However, it's the perfect environment for me.

For the most part, it's silent up here. I carry a scroll with me - an all-seeing eye, I like to call it. It's sort of like a news journal, and updates whenever someone is writing with magic or a mysterious force within Istaria. It hums and glows a white light when there is something new to read. It helps me pass the time atop this rather cold and lonely structure.

I like to be up before the sun rises so I can view all the magnificent colors associated with a sunrise, but, I seem to have woken a little too early. The moon was still setting. I decided to lay down and create a piece of art with my primal magic, but not from my eyes.

I write here in this empty part of my scroll. It's magical and infinite, but it's not a long, flowing piece of parchment. I've been waiting here an hour, no longer. The moon finally set and the sun is making its first appearance. I listen to the last sounds of the twinkling stars above, and the faint snowfall touching the crystal tower. Istaria's constellations and truly anything consisting of magic, have songs of their own. Maybe the naka-duskaels cannot hear it, but to dragonkind, it's a lullaby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpoythVjcd4 (the soundtrack I'm talking about.)

As I am writing, my scroll vibrates with energy. A new report, this early? I let my eyes travel down to find someone has been writing a journal. They speak as if they have ever been here. But of course, that's exactly the issue. This naka-duskael seems to bring a new type of magic to Istaria. Creating images with her... cell phone? Whatever that is, it's perking my interest. The images come out crisp and clear, almost as clear as what I can create with my own magic. But I've never heard of any other race utilizing this kind of magic so easily.

Janne Doe, was it? I hope to meet you one day in my travels. But for now, I shall go take my long awaited morning flight. Maybe now, the tower won't feel so lifeless and mundane.
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Thread Information