Thread: Shared Account Bank

Default Shared Account Bank

Well, I had this idea the other day about a shared bank on your account. What does this mean?

My idea is that, there could be maybe a row of like 10 slots or so, with a certain cargo capacity of course not that mutch like your normal bank, but those 10 slots could be shared on your account only between characters. Why this idea you say? You never happened to want to move something to your alt, and you either needed someone to hand you the items from one alt to another, or you had to find a secured place to put them untill you could get those items with your alt?

It happens a lot, just have in mind if you wanna share your scaleset or armor between characters. Of course, let attuned and quest items to not be shared, but all other items that can be moved to other characters.

That way there wouldn't be exploit of gathering resources with one account and using them with your alt, since the cargo would be limited, maybe to 200 or 300 so you can only share certain items, such as weapons, armor, scales, spells, etc (excluding the attuned repaired weapons/armor/scales, quest items, epic weapons, and so on).

What do you think?

Default Re: Shared Account Bank

Changing attuned items from attuned to character to attuned to account would be nice. That way attuned items would still have some use on a lower alt once you out grow it, without being able to trade to other people.

Thats not the plan, I was just trying to suggest at least like 5-10 shared between characters on the same account bank slots where you can put Not Attuned items only to move from one character to another.

Never said was the plan, just thought it would be nice if also was done. My apologies.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Just add another sub to your account and then Dual-log like the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    but for those who cant,i think that's a great idea!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
    but for those who cant,i think that's a great idea!
    Precisely. Why to make another char so you can share or move something from one account to another? You could simply have bank slots only for account to share and done.

I'm not sure if this would be entirely possible due to the way the game stores items for characters; it would take a lot of work for the devs to implement such a feature

The same reasoning was put forward in regards to Consigners being linked, as each Consigner has it's own "inventory" .

Someone explain to me better what you are asking for exactly?

I'm not seeing the point.

This seems like something that houses/lairs/halls already provide. And adding this would negate one of the reasons to do construction.

Having a lair/plot is to share their content with the desired ones, be it guild or friends or your alt only. Problem is, you need to dual log in or switch characters if you want to pass some items from one character to another.

My idea is that if you open your vault from any character on the same account, the vault would have, lets say, 5 slots separated that would be to share items between characters without the need of trading via dual log in, or hading the items to someone and then to your other character.

Example: You have on Barbie 2 rubies, 2 amethyst and 1 silver spoon and you want to move those 3 items to Ken, but to do so, you need to either log Ken in if you have dual log, or you need to ask someone to trade the items to Ken. With my idea, Barbie woul open the vault, place those 3 items in the designed 5 shared spaces, and when logging in afterwards to Ken, when opening the vault Ken would be able to get those items from those spaces without need to dual log in, find someone trustworthy to share items, or need of some plot to put the items in.

Have in mind, not everyone can afford having a property, or dual log in. This idea would mostly be for people that can't or don't want to waste time/money just to pass some items.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    thats about as unhelpful as your sig pic :P not everyone has spare money.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Someone explain to me better what you are asking for exactly?

I'm not seeing the point.

This seems like something that houses/lairs/halls already provide. And adding this would negate one of the reasons to do construction.
    If you've played GW2 - there's one slot in your inventory separate from all the rest. It also shows up on the top left. Just one oddly colored inventory slot. Anything put in that slot will show up there no matter what character you're on. Any character can put an item there or take the item out. Have a picture https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net...haredSlots.JPG

Anyway - I agree that this would be a great QoL change, if at all possible. If not, something that allows people to transfer items between alts - without paying 5/10/15$ to do so - would be great. Pestering another player for assistance works, as do lairs. However, by no means do those two things work -well- if you're just after this one thing. Since alts are plentiful, I think there really should be some other means of easily transferring items.

*Finding a connie/pawn is also a way to do so, but requires coin/anyone can buy it. Still a pain in the butt and not viable in certain situations.

Exactly thats what Im suggesting

This would be great to have.
    Please do this...
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

It depends which server board I think is which.

While I think it's a good idea, I don't know if it's technically possible to do. There was a technical issue preventing account-bound items and I don't know if this is a similar enough presence to be affected by the same thing...

Thread Information