Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tier V techs and the cost

Default Tier V techs and the cost

When are they gonna increase drops on these techs because the cost is crazy seen some techs go for well over a gold in marketchat. I have been unlucky enough to find one or 2 techs and nothing really worth while. Or the very least have them for sale on Vielo.
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

Default Re: Tier V techs and the cost

They seem to drop fine, the market will stabilize, and people don't always sell that high.

Please Jayle... switch you font color to something other than yellow!

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

I think the tech drops are ok. they are supposed to be somewhat rare, remember? Also, prices have gone done substantially since they first started dropping. I think that's mainly due to the blacksmith shop booboo being fixed.

Average price on order for "hot" techs seems to be round 300-400s from what I've seen. Compare that to the 2-4g for when they first came out....
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Altair

Yeah Lets put em for sale on the vielo.... I mean seriously.... Go look at the prices for expert forms on the vielo. Just think what the price of a tech would be.... And you want to complain about the prices in market place?

Altair Argannon
    EoI

I think the drop rates are fine on these for now. Right now those with the most money are bidding large amounts of coins to get these techniques first. Once all the rich have their techniques, the prices will drop. It's not unlike when the drop only armor dyes first came out. I'm talking about the Black, Brown, and Platinum ones...maybe Gold too? Those used to cost a good amount of coin when the first came out. Now almost everyone who wants them has them and they are worth next to nothing. I don't think the drop rate ever changed. It's just a matter of being patient and waiting.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

drops are pretty good. I got at least 30 V techs, and didn't buy even one.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

From sitting in the MP channel i think the costs/availability of the techs are more than adequet at the moment.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Some adventurers feel that the drop rate increased a week ago. And suddenly this week I received both Armor V and 1 HS. I am one much happier armorer than I was last week! I can produce a useful product again!!!
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Why should they go on sale at the Veilo? At first I wanted that too, but I don't see why the Quartermasters can't sell them. They already realigned the cost of tier 3 techs to 35 IBM's, to make what appears to be a pattern emerge 5,15,35, or +10, +20.Possiblytier 4 would be 35+30 or 65 IBM's, and tier 5 65+40, or 105IBM's.Looks like they are making ready to add Tier 4 and maybe 5 to the QM's.

If they do go for sale on the Vielo, the prices as the game currently 'values' the techs will put tier 4's at96s, tier 5's at 157s500cp on the vielo. (plus or minus 1s).

I say put them on the QuarterMasters. ******** vielo already overcharge for comps that we have NO OTHER WAY to get.

Guaran

I agree with Guaran...put the tech comps on the Quartermaster's or leave them as drops.

Although...If they're going on the QM's Dennison needs to run out of his soul fragment stockpile [:)]
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Altair

I can't Agree with putting them on the quartermaster. There are not alot of ways For adventurers to make alot of money as it is. And even if the guy in dalimond doesn't give out IBM's (which last i checked he didnt) They are still not hard to get ahold of. Case in point: While lvling my second Class of gaurdian I picked up my AoE nature spells. Wondering how good they werre going to be i switched back to cleric and went to trandladar and farmed the Redback spider terantula's After 1 hour I had 120+ IBM's. Now i have fought a spawn of t5 mobs for 2 hours and never recieved a drop. So IMO if they are put on Quartermasters I dont fell it would be fair to those of us that Like to hunt more then craft.

The guy on the pier in Dalimond still gives out IBMs for maggot hides...

Altair

My bad i was only think of the soul frags...

Quote Originally Posted by Altair
    I can't Agree with putting them on the quartermaster. There are not alot of ways For adventurers to make alot of money as it is. And even if the guy in dalimond doesn't give out IBM's (which last i checked he didnt) They are still not hard to get ahold of. Case in point: While lvling my second Class of gaurdian I picked up my AoE nature spells. Wondering how good they werre going to be i switched back to cleric and went to trandladar and farmed the Redback spider terantula's After 1 hour I had 120+ IBM's. Now i have fought a spawn of t5 mobs for 2 hours and never recieved a drop. So IMO if they are put on Quartermasters I dont fell it would be fair to those of us that Like to hunt more then craft.
    If you want to make money, get a job. There's all sorts of construction work. Would be a lot more legitimate than charging 1g for a tech that if the Veilo had, would only cost 157s! and thats waay overpriced. You greedy adventurers charging 1g for techs is what drives the price up on techniqued items. The economy would have a lot less inflation, lower priced items, if techs didn't get auctioned at crazy prices. You really expect me to bid on a tech, bid against my friends who also need the tech and drive the price up, just so you have a source of income?? Not going to happen.

As a crafter who has never crafted and sold to PB for silver, alternatives to getting these techs is in order. I charge higher than some less than others for my particular crafts, and do ok, but I will not lay down 1g for a tech. Selling at that is akin to theft, worse than gypsies or internet providers. (Which is why I refuse to sell the t5 techs that I have, trade only)

Adventurers can still make money by pure adventuring. These t5 techs require alot of comps. Set up a connie with various comps for sale, you could do quite well.

Keeping them off the QM or vielo because they are a source of income for pure adventurers is a poor reason IMHO.

The only reason you had good drop rate on IBM's is because those mobs are based off old mobs with old loot tables. The new mobs rarely drop IBM's. I got more techs/forms than I do drops of IBM's from t5 mobs.

Guaran

First, those prices are set by the crafters themselves.
    Second, if they vielo had those techs they would cost much more than 1g, look at the prices of forms!

Anyway, techs on order worth much less than they were when techs just got in.

Adventurers could sell techs for even for 2.5g because crafters would pay for them.

It's that simple.

Had they passed a week without anyone buy any tech they'd dropped the prices.

Greed drives people like fish to the bait. Adventurers had the bait.
    Fishes ate it.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Altair

Gauran Wrote:
    If you want to make money, get a job. There's all sorts of construction work. Would be a lot more legitimate than charging 1g for a tech that if the Veilo had, would only cost 157s! and thats waay overpriced. You greedy adventurers charging 1g for techs is what drives the price up on techniqued items. The economy would have a lot less inflation, lower priced items, if techs didn't get auctioned at crazy prices. You really expect me to bid on a tech, bid against my friends who also need the tech and drive the price up, just so you have a source of income?? Not going to happen.

Reply:
    Me get a job.... Yeah thats the answer... Try this you do the crafting work to buy the forms! Do i Expect you to bid? No I do not. Probably because i rarely if ever sell a tech or form I normally give them to guildies. And as far as prices on teched Items being so high... lets see I paid 600s for a double tecked set of cobalt scale, unfortunatlyall i paid for was the tech because a guildie made me the armor. I blame prices on the lack of being able to kill a mob because its not in game.

Gauran:
    As a crafter who has never crafted and sold to PB for silver, alternatives to getting these techs is in order. I charge higher than some less than others for my particular crafts, and do ok, but I will not lay down 1g for a tech. Selling at that is akin to theft, worse than gypsies or internet providers. (Which is why I refuse to sell the t5 techs that I have, trade only)

Reply:
    Hats off to ya!!! Glad you decided not to sell to the pawn broker! Try this, do I craft? yes i do. Do I sell the items that I craft? No i do not! I craft strictly for guildies and at times its a full time job. Dont want to drop 1G for a tech? Fine don't its called the laws of supply and demand wait long enough and the Thoeretically unlimited supply will overtake the very limited demand.

Gauran:
    Adventurers can still make money by pure adventuring. These t5 techs require alot of comps. Set up a connie with various comps for sale, you could do quite well.

Reply:
    Your Right I suppose any adventurer or crafter for that matter could do this.

Gauran:
    Keeping them off the QM or vielo because they are a source of income for pure adventurers is a poor reason IMHO.

Reply:
    All good points and im sure many will agree with you but do me a favor stand back and look at the big picture. This game does very little content wise for Adventurers. So why take away one of the few things that they have? And as far as you "Telling" people to get a job and craft. Everyone will do what they find enjoyable in this game. So YOU have no right deciding or trying to dictatewhat others should or shouldn't do!

Altair Argannon
    EoI

Yeah, those crafters who grind away selling to PB were all too happy to bid prices into the g's for things. I think the first velocity V went for 5g. I got mine in trade for Radiant Dye :)

Since all of those crafters have all the techs now (some 2 or 3 copies even), prices are getting alot better.

I'm not so sure these techs would cost 1g at the vielo. I have various t5 forms, that if I try selling to a vielo gypsie, will offer me 1/3000th what they themselves charge. Doing the same thing with a t5 tech, they offer 52cp. The vielo round down, to get a more accurate estimate, try selling to a pawnbroker. You don't have to actually sell it to see what they will offer. A pawnbroker (normal, in town pb, not one on a player plot) will offer at a ratio of 1/750th what the vielo charge. They offer 210cp for t5 techs. That allows a bit more accurate estimate. This shows that the vielo, if they carry t5 techs, will charge 157s500cp. Not too expensive for higher level crafters who need them, but not all that cheap either.

Guaran

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Sure crafters dont mind paying the amounts required for the techs as much because making money as a crafter is relativley easy, but what people are forgetting is that it is the Adventurers on the main part that are selling them, being that they are loot only.

So the money is being distributed to the adventure side also.

the point of this post, not a major one, just my thoughts.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Thread Information