Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial and Let`s Play!

Default Tutorial and Let`s Play!

I will create a Let`s Play for Istaria in the near future. Not sure bout the shard yet. Ofc the first videos will also be the tutorial for the game.

As a beginning here a installation Tutorial for the game itself:

I hope this will help especially new players since i get alot of questions about the game lately.
    Enjoy!

(PS: please Devs forgive me for creating a fake account but out there are really some people smart enough to mess even that part up without help XD)

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Default Re: Tutorial and Let`s Play!

Very impressive Pryzm and well done.
    I think it would be a nice addition if you added subtitles. Non-native speakers would be very thankful for those!

@Devs, please consider asking the author if you could use that as a help video for new users. For sure that's a big help for any potential customer.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

*Blushes* thanks XD

English subtitles? I know theres a possibility to do that in YT but i dunno how yet. (Or if it really is possible). I`ll look for it.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

If I got that right you've had a Magix Video xxx program opened on your task bar. That one is able to add titles, check the 'effects' feature of it

------------------

I know thanks but id have to write everything down. Maybe yt has a subtitle feature. But as good as i talk english there might come out rubbish ^^. Ill reupload the vid when yt cant help me with own subtitles.

You're not talking rubbish! :-)

------------------

you'll have to do chaos to get actual real play in, not enough people is on order to get a proper Lets Play.

unless you do it during a Order Raid.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Not entirely sure how a bunch of max-level characters focusing on a raid is going to contribute to a low-lvl let's play :P

Reason I can't get it to run full screen? Just a lil to small to see/read without going full screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Reason I can't get it to run full screen? Just a lil to small to see/read without going full screen.
    Click the YouTube logo in the lower right corner "Watch on youtube" On that page you can watch it full screen.

Looks like a good start, a run thru character creation and a bit of play will be a good follow up video.

Thx Guaran and Pryzm, looks good

Subtitles have been added to the video! Enjoy.

My first Let`s play and also the tutorial for the game are currently uploading to YT. I`m going to make a short version and a long one since the long one really IS long XD. Here have a sneak peek

Sadly the upload might take a while so relax XD

So i got good news and very bad news. Good news first: I will cut the so called long version up into 3 little parts for the tutorial so you don`t get lost on it and don`t need to watch an hour long video.

Part 1: Character creation, screen explained and controls
    Part 2: Adventuring and combat
    Part 3: Crafting

Now the bad news. I probably won`t be able to upload this any time soon. Part 1 is done but since Wednesday last week our internet isn`t even good enough to run Discord properly. I`m writing these messages from my mobile phone. I may be able to upload part 1 next weekend when i visit my father unless my internet provider Kom4Tel can fix the problem. I hope uploading the video from my laptop won`t cause the quality of the video to go down...

I WON`T be recording any parts of Let`s Plays on my laptop for video quality purposes. Sorry! Hope you can wait it out

On second thought... I already recorded said long version a while ago and it is uploaded already since a couple of days but hasn`t been opened yet because it was a test. If you wish so i could open it until i can start the real thing XD. Just that we have some kind of tutorial out there :P. Just lemme know what you think of it. Mentioned Tutorial would go 1 and a half hour thats why i split it up :P.

Take your time

------------------

Here we go . Internet got fixed faster than expected!

Enjoy part 1 of the three-part tutorial. Part 2 will have more ineresting stuff i promise XD.

Nicely done, thank you! *hugs*

------------------

Good news everyone! My Internet has been fixed. I run on high speed now. Wich means i will continue the Lets Play soon. Or better to say i will start it from beginning on since Skalkaar had a nice new upgrade wich has to be in the tutorial ofc.

Also for those of you who are interested as i do the lets play i will make a journal of it from the view of the hatchling in a Blog. I alrerady prepared it a bit for those of you who wanna check it out:
    https://chroniclesofpryzm.wordpress.com/

As you know my english isn`t the best since its not my native language. I`m not mad if you find little spelling mistakes and report them. Also tell me what you think of the About page. I hope to draw new people with this whole Lets play to Istaria so its gotta be as good as possible.

C ya in the LP!

Before i forget it. The lets play will be done by me alone so far. I couldnt find someone willing to join me over voice chat and do it together with me. This would be much more interesting since talking alone is much more time to fill and i might be silent sometimes XD. So here a shoutout for those who are interested in talking with this stranger here and do a LP as a dragon from beginning on.

I try uploading a LP at least once a week. If not then every 2 weeks. Time zones are sometimes difficult to match so my time zone is called:CET. Would be cool if i catch someone close to that. Talking in english is a MUST. I will do a german LP as well but i already got someone for that. This one will be english. I hope to finish the tutorial this weekend and after that the real LP starts. Would be nice if i find someone to talk with.

Have fun! C ya

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

so awesome, pry!! do you mind if I blog about this? excellent job!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information