Thread: UI Saving and Transfering?

Blog Entries

Default UI Saving and Transfering?

Hello everyone,
    I have been doing live streaming of Istaria and posting these streams up on youtube. Someone who is going to be looking at joining into Istaria happened to like my UI setup and asked if there was any way I could share it... Well, that has brought me to here, haha.

My main question is exactly that, is there any way to transfer the UI from character to character, and if so how?
    Secondly, is there anything "against the rules" in doing so? I doubt there is anything "wrong" with it, but I'd rather check to be sure.

Thanks all!

Default Re: UI Saving and Transfering?

You would need to go to Program Files (x86) -> Istaria -> prefs and copy shard_character name folder (example chaos_Tilithia). inside are located files that are responsible for hotkeys,windows sizes,chats and channels (and placement on your screen). mind that even though youll see abilities in place,most of them you will have to drag to hotbar again to make them work properly,otherwise they stay greyed-out.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Do i even have to make a lets play now that you make one? XD

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pryzm View Post
    Do i even have to make a lets play now that you make one? XD
    I don't understand what you mean?

One thing that can screw up a layout if you share it some how is the screen size and resolution. If there not the same the layout wont look the same, may not even fit the screen.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    I don't understand what you mean?
    Oh well i was planning to do a let`s play of Istaria. Now you make one too :P. Maybe i still go for it XD.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for responding! I'll probably let folks know of the trouble in doing such a thing, since I use a rather odd resolution size. (Yay for TV monitors)

As for me, I am actually do streaming on twitch and then load that to youtube, so its probably not a true "Let's Play", given I am unable to edit any footage (nor do I have the software to do so). This also means it captures everything that goes on in my game, from roleplay chatter, to tells, to whatever.

Besides, the more footage there is of Istaria, the better it is for the game.

Thread Information