Thread: Immatation Scales - Helians and Lunus Quest BUG

Blog Entries

Default Immatation Scales - Helians and Lunus Quest BUG

I ran into this as I was streaming and I made sure to place a note up on the Youtube to those that watch to not do as I do, but this is a bit of a bug and maybe even a bit of an exploit. What took place is that the Dragon Trainer wants a Bronze Dexterity Scale, I had one already equipped, so I decided to hand that in.

Well, because of the crystal in the socket, instead of taking it off your hands (which I later showed in the video how this is suppose to go with the Focus one), he doesn't and it stays in your inventory. Later he will still give you the chest scale, but you get an error write up on the text chat (which is also visible in the video).

You can see the bug here:
    https://youtu.be/FZ0IzcKi8wg?t=39m43s

Hopefully this explanation and footage will help fix the bug so that others will not make my mistake. >__<
    I feel kinda horrible about it really...

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Immatation Scales - Helians and Lunus Quest BUG

I can't say much in response to the bug (I never noticed that before), but don't feel horrible about it. It was an honest mistake and you couldn't predict a bug happening

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I can't say much in response to the bug (I never noticed that before), but don't feel horrible about it. It was an honest mistake and you couldn't predict a bug happening
    Thanks...
    I guess what sucks is its on the stream recording, and the best I can do is stick on that notice of "Do not do what I do."; Which hopefully will be enough.

The main things about that [quest behavior] are that
    1, you had obtained the scale somehow (which was one main point of the quest to craft one or buy one), and
    2, it didn't delete a socketed crystal accidentally. This second bit is most important. What if you had a nice quest crystal in there? You surely would not want to lose it due to the game grabbing the wrong scale from you inventory, in say a situation where you did have a plain crafted dex scale in inventory, but also one with a socket with an equipped crystal.

Him leaving it in your inventory is the best case scenario in the this event. Its not really much of an exploit to get to keep a plain (or teched) t1 dex scale..

BTW: I noticed in your video, you were asking yourself if you had certain forms while looking at the form vendor list. If you want to know if you have a form scribed, mouse over the form in the vendor's list and it will tell you if it has been scribed (Yes) or (No). in the forms details. same for forms that drop off mobs and you put into your backpack/scalepack. the forms list whther or not you have them scribed so you don't need to search the knowledge window. also same thing for techniques and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    BTW: I noticed in your video, you were asking yourself if you had certain forms while looking at the form vendor list. If you want to know if you have a form scribed, mouse over the form in the vendor's list and it will tell you if it has been scribed (Yes) or (No). in the forms details. same for forms that drop off mobs and you put into your backpack/scalepack. the forms list whther or not you have them scribed so you don't need to search the knowledge window. also same thing for techniques and such.
    Note that in the case of forms, which typically come in beginner, journeyman. expert and sometimes master versions, the scribed = no will appear on the mouseover for a form even if you have a higher level version of that form already scribed. Thus if the player depends solely on the "scribed = no", redundant forms may be purchased and scribed. This, over the long term will result in lots of unneeded forms scribed into the player's knowledge base. This will for higher level players tend to increase the time needed for the knowledge base to be received from the server at log in time, and perhaps also the time leading to item creation in crafting.

Thus, unless/until the game is "smart enough" to give a correct indication of the need for a given unscribed form, the player will be best advised to review his/her knowledge base from time to time and cull out any redundant forms. This "culling" should be done with care, else the forms for which higher level versions do not include the lower level version recipe (noteably some festival forms but perhaps some others) may be inadvertantly removed from the player's knowledge base.

Knossos

Blog Entries

Yeah, my reasons for checking knowledge window for everything is because one part what Knossos said and two parts-- like many things-- Its a habit from ye ol' days when the game was known as Horizons and Tulga Games was in charge of it. Though good to know of the fact there is something that kinda does a check.

Thread Information