Thread: Finding Reaver Spells

Default Finding Reaver Spells

The first character I ever created, on day 1 of Horizons going live, was a Reaver. I enjoyed playing him, but that's been a loooong time ago. He only got to level 35ish or so before I took a break from the game and for some reason, I've never gone back to him. But now I'm getting the hankering to dust him off and start playing him again and have a question.

Is there a good place to see what all spells Reavers can cast? I know they are pretty much spirit-based, but I can't remember if there were spells from other schools that they could use (without multi-classing). Where is the best place to look for this information?

Default Re: Finding Reaver Spells

http://www.istaria-lexica.de/index.p...%0A%3FSkill%0A

Istaria-lexica > reaver > further results for reaver spell table > all 92 spells a reaver can use, according to the lexica (info always has possibility of being innaccurate, but it is mostly correct).

Reaver is a member of the Mystic family, and as such can use most mystic spells: Spirit, Blight, Nature, Life. The only spells you can't use are some of the healer/cleric specific spells (Minor Health, Health, Major Health, Group Health). For Spirit, Blight, and Nature you can use pretty much all.

Remember, to use the spells you need the associated skill. Reaver gets spirit and blight skill, but no Life, Augmentation, or Nature. And Reaver only gets 6 blight/7 spirit per level, somewhat low. A good Reaver will also level Spiritist to max out spirit/blight/magic evasion skills, healer to max out life/augmentation skills (take cleric to 20, then switch to healer), and Druid to max out Nature skill. Also recommend Berserker to level 100 to max out two hand slash/armor use skills and nearly max out strength, monk to max out evasion and dexterity skills. Also recommend Mage to 36 for multicast and perfect spell, wizard to 72 for accelerate (10% spell alacrity).

Thanks for the info guys!

I'd only suggest Berko to 100 if you plan to use two-paw slash weapons as a Reaver.

While Berko does max out strength, you can also avoid the extra ADV rating by taking Fitter to 100, it gets max strength per level.

Not only that, Weaver also does get max dexterity as well, so it is another option to take as well.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Thanks. I plan to take Fitter and Weaver to 100 (both are around 50 at the moment), so that's covered.

So far, I have WAR 42, then MAG 10 and Spiritist 15 (so I could switch to Reaver) and my Reaver is 24... I could have sworn he was in the 30s back when I last played him, but that's been a while

My goal is to take Reaver to 100 before doing any other classes. I am two-boxing him with my 26 Mage and they make a pretty good combo so far. I'll probably mix in some cleric with the mage eventually, but for this low level stuff, we do quite well together.

You definitely want top max out 2hs skill, a two hand sword + ethereal blade will be a big part of your combat abilities. Zerk gets 10str/level, but that starts at level 20, and 11 2hs per level.

Just go fight Elial or Valkors Guards, they also use Ethereal Blade, to see what I mean.

It's a good idea to take him to 100 in 1 school, to get base stats and some skills up that will help in leveling the other schools (Keep spirit bolt 1 forever). Having fitter or another craft to 100 also helps, since you can wear padded ironsilk with triple t5 techs, while in a level 1 or 20 new adventure school.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    You definitely want top max out 2hs skill, a two hand sword + ethereal blade will be a big part of your combat abilities. Zerk gets 10str/level, but that starts at level 20, and 11 2hs per level.
    This is only if a two paw sword is used. A Reaver player may also choose to favor a one paw sword and shield for more defensive protection too. It just can't be said 'You definitely want to max out 2hs skill' if that's not the play style they want.

Again, Kerech, only worry about Berko to 100 if you want to use two paw slash weapons. The strength boost will already be covered by Fitter.

I certainly appreciate having Fitter and Weaver to 100, on my Paladin. With their stat boosts, it saves me at least two ADV classes (Berko and Monk) and all the rating that goes with it.

It sounds like you have a good plan to go with, Kerech. Come to think of it though, you never did say which Shard you are on. Would certainly like to see more Reavers around. They team up pretty well with a Paladin, especially if we are stalking the undead.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

I am on Order

Thread Information