Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Live Event 2016 - Saturday October 29th - Start preparing!

Default Re: Halloween Live Event 2016 - Saturday October 29th - Start preparing!

Event was fun. I enjoyed story and interactive part. what really bothered me though...

guys,you need a event only chat box. Soemthing where dev talks,and world notifications go.

that part was a mess,everyone was talking one after the other,and it was impossible to read some story parts. also bipeds never had a chance to deliver required items to Ritual Spirits. That mustve been very upsetting for bipeds players. most,as far as I could read from chats,didnt even bother to run to places.

But other than that...wonderful!
    Last edited by Tilithia; October 29th, 2016 at 09:12 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Default Re: Halloween Live Event 2016 - Saturday October 29th - Start preparing!

Was a good event, needs some TLC but that will come. I was one of the Bi-peds Tili was talking about and there was no way I could get to the towers fast enough to beat all the dragons, so I just relayed to my group what was going on mostly. It was still all kinds of fun. The lag when we got to the big finale was really bad for me, should have re-logged before that all happened, I think would have helped.

One good thing about being a bi-ped, no hoard to loose
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Frosthide can see all.(look at eye...eyes?)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...FV5VllzOHVGMlk

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Is there anything still going on? I logged in to Blight and nobody is talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Is there anything still going on? I logged in to Blight and nobody is talking
    For today the events are over, they will restart tomorrow, though the time is currently not yet known (I will personally try to run fights every 2 hours that I can be online)
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

I'm no longer working on the game and I held back from actively participating in the event other than being present and watching the carnage. So with that distance, I would like to congratulate the devs who put this event together. Such events as these are complex and took a lot of work. You all did a good job and it was fun to watch! Looking forward to even better events in the future.

And I have to say, that was awesome seeing so many players together like that. Brought me back to the old days of beta and when the RoP was first live. Had that same feeling.

Fun event

It was a perfectly normal day in Istaria. Oh look even Jingle Jangle and the great mighty poo joined! XD

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

I tried to get to every one of those towers during the event. but it seems like each time I try to teleport, the game wants to either clear world cache or reload it every time. so I could never make it to any place fast enough. I can basically outrun any dragon in the game. but getting through a teleporter to a starting point... forget it. the load time for lands during each port is rediculous. Other than that, I had a great time during the event. Thank you

Lupus and me say thank you too. For an exciting evening and all the work and ideas the devs put into that.

And what Tilithia said here.

And pls co-players..wait for those who are not that fast. Lup and me had the tower scrolls- but other friends never came in time.
    And big thanks to those, who explained whats going on in group chat.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Me personaly, didn't entirely like the event. Maybe I was expecting too mutch from it but I have my reasons for it. I apreciate a lot the efforts the Devs did to plan and organize it but it had a few severe holes. At first, the communication itself was a mess. The Devs were trying to talk and tell the lore but players were talking over them and it was very difficult to get to know what was happening. At second, most of the event was all about do this, do that. Go here, go there which was dissapointing since players didn't wait for others, places were crowded that one had never chance to see anything nor do anything. After the first raid I just had to leave because it was slow, boring and very laggy. I'm sorry if it sounded too harsh but it is the truth. I'm not the only one that left due to that. I want to thank tho for the effort and time the staff put into this, and hopefuly, next bigger event will be better. Thank you.

Recap fights are starting in about 30 minutes, they will take place at the same lavapool (southernmost of Char) and will feature a slightly weakened Burnbones. These fights will be repeated multiple times over the course of the day.

Don't worry, we will get to all the feedback once the event is truly done.
    Last edited by Liseth; October 30th, 2016 at 03:14 PM.

I think it would help if on the Event chat you allowed only your messages to us. As it was Saturday I saw most of these mixed in with Say, Global, Feedback, etc. and I did not know which boxes to check or uncheck... So it was easy to lose riddles etc. Also if you could keep repeating riddles and every 15 min or so, recap what had been done for those who log on late or have crashed.
    I got virtually no lag at all in groups, fighting or portals but as biped, who could make it to a tower as fast as dragon? I felt event was too dragon centered.
    Otherwise lots of fun thanks to all.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Here's a video of the event from yesterday for those of you who couldn't make it!

THIS is a NICE VID !!!!!

thy wyvern:-)))))

Thanks for the video! Did Burnbones try to steal your hoards during the fight?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Of course he did... he wouldn't be Burnbones if he didn't, hm?

For those who wish to join, I will be running a Burnbones fight in about 45 minutes at 9:00pm CEST. Feel free to join in whether you missed it or just want to have another shot at fighting him

As Liseth said, we will of course be getting to your feedback as soon as the event officially concludes. For now, thank you all for your participation and the feedback, positive or negative!

ok- not only feedback- but a suggestion:

(what others proposed before -concerning devs and players)

- make a dev only chat for storyline , lore, event management
    - there could be an event chat (which we already have) where player chat (PLS NO MORE SPAMMING THE "SAY") and rp
    - and the group chat where people take care of each other and share thoughts and things like that.
    - no further chats should be used during event if its concerrning event.

During the event:
    - devide the event in X parts:
    e.g. yesterday:

part 1 lore, storyline, riddles
    part 2 defend the remaining members of the old families
    part 3 find the way to- and fight the big boss

make SHORT breaks between the parts- so all have a chance to get something to eat/drink, use the bathroom, have a smoke or a glimpse of fresh air or..or
    that will give players AND devs a liitle time to relax- and those who came too late time for a a summary what has happened(will happen)

- if there is an "afterwork-party"- let us know;-)

and last not least:
    dear devs: Lots of us wished so much and for so many years, that Istaria would offer such raids and events.
    A simple thank you to all who make that possible seems not enough !!
    We love ya for that!!

The aftermath of Gold Nova in the event, which killed almost everyone...

I've heard some (understandable) complaints regarding the current sky.

With the event officially over I decided to take a quick look and revert any changes to the file so that people who wish to have the normal sky back untill it's fully reverted can do so.

To get the normal sky back again, you can download this file and place it in resources_override and it should return all red regions to normal.

Thread Information