Thread: Istaria Is Beautiful [Video]

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Istaria Is Beautiful [Video]

Made in approximately 12 hours using Adobe After Effects CS6.

Default Re: Istaria Is Beautiful [Video]

Very nice!!

Yes please,want to see this in game. *thumbs up*
    I kinda would like to see how that would look like in tower of spirits with all the candles in there.
    Last edited by Tilithia; November 4th, 2016 at 12:58 AM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

That is very impressive, Racktor. Very nice work. It certainly is beautiful.

Well done

The video is quite remarkable, but it couldn't really be used to attract new, "modern" players.

1) It shows an Istaria that does not look like that. The light effects are cool in some scenes, quite heavy in others. Someone attracted by such "radiosity" would probably install a trial, log in and find the much more plain looks and would be disappointed.

2) It struck me for the "stillness" of the filming. If I'd be a new player, I'd love to see scenes littered by people / NPCs doing stuff, fighting, going around and so on. Istaria is not that much dynamic, but some scenes of combat (with well visible graphic effects) and a group of "actors" playing their bipeds / dragons to liven up the scenes would have turned the video to a lively world a new player would want to explore.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    The video is quite remarkable, but it couldn't really be used to attract new, "modern" players.

1) It shows an Istaria that does not look like that. The light effects are cool in some scenes, quite heavy in others. Someone attracted by such "radiosity" would probably install a trial, log in and find the much more plain looks and would be disappointed.

2) It struck me for the "stillness" of the filming. If I'd be a new player, I'd love to see scenes littered by people / NPCs doing stuff, fighting, going around and so on. Istaria is not that much dynamic, but some scenes of combat (with well visible graphic effects) and a group of "actors" playing their bipeds / dragons to liven up the scenes would have turned the video to a lively world a new player would want to explore.
    It's really a magnificent piece of work, but please don't misunderstand; it's not a promotional video or anything. It's just Racktor experimenting 'round with photoshop etc, shiny, pretty innit?
    Aurelia Borealis of Istara's Chosen.
    Art by Oceanappa.
    Banner by Racktor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Very nice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    That is very impressive, Racktor. Very nice work. It certainly is beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Well done
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
    Yes please,want to see this in game. *thumbs up*
    I kinda would like to see how that would look like in tower of spirits with all the candles in there.
    I wish! Though I think some of the lighting effects (if not as drastic) would be possible with Unreal.
    I'd have to check out the Tower of Spirits, might tack on a clip of it if it looks neat :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post

Well.... the point of the video isn't to attract new players. As Schwarz said -

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz View Post
    It's really a magnificent piece of work, but please don't misunderstand; it's not a promotional video or anything. It's just Racktor experimenting 'round with photoshop etc, shiny, pretty innit?
    I appreciate the advice for promotional videos and such, but I really wasn't aiming to attract new people - just show current players how pretty the game could be with lighting effects, even if third party. I did, after all, write below it that it was made with After Effects and whatnot.

I actually did make a fan trailer a bit back, using in-game graphics and footage of players together :P

(And thanks for the first bit of both of your comments btw!)

Nicely done Racktor

I wonder how it would look like during an ascension.
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

Istaria is wonderful!
    And so are the people who understand to make vids and pics and other things,
    that show their and the whole community`s love to the game.

Like that much Racktor- thanks!!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Awesomeness.

I so love how the Dragon casts a shadow between the sun and ground.
    Those gates, soooo shiny *love eyes*

Aww nicely done! I like it!

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

What would it look like on Primal Rebirth?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Thank you all so much for the kind feedback! <3
    For those who wondered what X or Y would look like, I edited a few screenshots:

Primal Rebirth -

Ascension -

The candles at the Tower of Spirits. It doesn't look too well since they aren't really very big -

..but looking up looks pretty neat:

I could've probably enhanced the effects a bit if I adjusted contrast/brightness but I'm kind of short on time right now ^^;

Thanks Racktor,turned out the way I expected. cool

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I appreciate the advice for promotional videos and such, but I really wasn't aiming to attract new people - just show current players how pretty the game could be with lighting effects, even if third party. I did, after all, write below it that it was made with After Effects and whatnot.

I actually did make a fan trailer a bit back, using in-game graphics and footage of players together :P

(And thanks for the first bit of both of your comments btw!)
    You have the skill and the time to help Istaria, if you so desire.

I am doing the little I can regarding another aspect (SEO suggestions to a Developer) too.

Picture it like this: Istaria needs our help, and it's like a server event where we can make a difference and help our beloved game improve, because new subs = new funds for new things.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information