Thread: Formula / Tech Questions

Default Formula / Tech Questions

Is there still a limit on how many formula and technique's a single character can learn? And if so what is it please?

Also, when I learn a journeyman formula, is there a way to un-learn the same formula at the beginner level?

Thanks!
    Kimo

Default Re: Formula / Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
    Is there still a limit on how many formula and technique's a single character can learn? And if so what is it please?

Also, when I learn a journeyman formula, is there a way to un-learn the same formula at the beginner level?

Thanks!
    I do not remember the exact limit on the books (formula, tech and spell), but I can tell you that it was upped recently.

to unlearn a formula simply right-click it in your book and select delete.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

I have the following in my book (on my Biped of course) either at the limit or close to it, I have had to delete some to scribe others recently.
    Still missing quite a few like alot of the T1 and T2 techs. But would have to delete something to scribe more.

Techs 707
    Forms 873
    Spells 250
    Total 1830

Not sure if there is a limit on each or on total or combination of both. 707 and 873 seem odd total, 250 might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Not sure if there is a limit on each or on total or combination of both. 707 and 873 seem odd total, 250 might be right.
    From observation, both a total and combination limit is in place. And...that i know purely from the fact that my spell book hit it's limit with less than 200 spells in it until i deleted a bunch of techs, but then again, bugs.

Thank you for the responses.

It's too bad that after all this time and new tech available that wasn't at launch that the limit was not removed.

I'll plan my learning accordingly.

Thanks!
    Kimo

I can confirm the limit is:

Formulas: 1000
    Techniques: 1000
    Spells: 250 (was upped from 200 to 250 on Delta 269 (Spring 2015).

There is no max total of the combined three, it's per container.

Techniques, I don't think there is 1000 available for a player can scribe, so not likely to ever reach that.
    Formulas, Smaug seems to be getting close, but not quite. Very hard to reach 1k as well.
    Spells, yes you have to juggle that very carefully.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

While I am not at 1000 in either forms or techs I have had to delete some lower forms to scribe others. Usually when this happens I delete a bunch at a time (like lower tool forms etc) but never more then 20 or so at a time. Don't believe I've ever reached the 1000 limit on either. Been awhile since I deleted any, was the limits raised to 1000 recently? As i the last year or so?

No, the history shows the last changes to those was 2005.

I have reached the 250 limit on spells many times. I am always having to delete spells to add spells. Then later, I have to delete those spells to add again those spells I deleted. A real pain. This only affects bi-peds since we have so many schools.. Slimey on Order

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    From observation, both a total and combination limit is in place. And...that i know purely from the fact that my spell book hit it's limit with less than 200 spells in it until i deleted a bunch of techs, but then again, bugs.
    I have no problem continuing to scribe techs. so I don't think they are linked to spellbook. I can delete a spell I don't use to add another. but I am not getting issues with adding more techs while my spell book is full at about 200 or 250. My spells are limited due to the current constraints. book is always full, need to remove a spell

Replying to this thread, as it was the first one I came about in my search, about this topic. But I know it's always been one of the useful features we wished we had.

But on today's Blight Client Blight Client 397.76.0 :
    • Knowledge Book: Show number of items scribed

You'll now be able to see how many Spells, Formulas and Techs scribed, on the bottom right corner of the Knowledge Book. It will also show the maximum that can be scribed. ie Total Spells Scribed: ##/300 . Each tab in knowledge book will show the quantity scribed / max quantity that can be scribed.

It's not on Live Client yet, so you'll need to choose the Patch to Blight box, in Launcher's Configuration button.

Cheers!

Thread Information