Thread: Making quests and NPCs and so on

Default Making quests and NPCs and so on

I was trying to make stuff on offline mode. However i couldn't save what i made. But anyway i am curious that is there a way (or will there be a way) to create own NPCs and own quests, stories and but attackable monsters to the areas and so on. For NPCs i saw an "NPC Edit" menu in offline mode where i could create new NPC or load one. However everytime i tried to create new one or load the game crashed to desktop.

So does anybody know how to make them?

Thanks for the answer!

Default Re: Making quests and NPCs and so on

You can create "Instance NPCs", that is NPCs that exist only on your computer. These are primarily designed to act as "fluff" to help fill out the world. You cannot create quests or monsters or items. These things are created using specialized tools that require database access and developer permissions. Sorry.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Whilst you may not be able to create quests in offline mode, it's still very much a possibility to send your quest ideas in through support!

More info can be found here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ion-Guidelines
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Thank you so much for the reply! Maybe do you know why the "NPC Edit" option makes the game crush to desktop and how to solve this?
    And can you explain what Instance NPC means? Sorry i am not so good in these things.
    And the last question is that if i make something in offline mode how can i save it? maybe into the sector_default file? I tried /printLocalObjects command but didn't helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuran View Post
    Maybe do you know why the "NPC Edit" option makes the game crush to desktop and how to solve this?
    I've not had any issues with the editor myself, but if you turn on Debug Logs (also known as Support Logs) either in-game or on the launcher and reproduce the issue, we might be able to pinpoint it if you send them in with a ticket.

And can you explain what Instance NPC means? Sorry i am not so good in these things.
    An instance NPC is an NPC that only exists client side. Every NPC in the game except for a few are persistent NPCs. They have information, descriptions, text, and so on that they pull from the database itself and they exist for everyone.

Instance NPCs are both created and loaded in by your client rather than being created by the database and loaded in by your client, putting it simply. Does that make sense? It's a lot like mods in resources_override. No one can see it but you, but if everyone has the same file, everyone sees the same thing.

The three guards that you can't speak to by the Harro southwestern gate are all instance NPCs

And the last question is that if i make something in offline mode how can i save it? maybe into the sector_default file? I tried /printLocalObjects command but didn't helped.
    The /printLocalObjects command just puts the X, Y, and Z coordinates, rotation, and scale of your objects in your chat window. From there, you can take those logs and send them in so the developers can reproduce it using the world editing tools. (Or at least, that was the initial point of that command) As far as I know, unless you do a lot of effort in editing sector_default, you can't easily save something that you're working on.

Tilithia explains how she made her structures and whatnot in this thread if you're interested in making your objects stay client-side.

I remember hearing about a year ago now that there was some sort of command in the works to save your progress, but I'm not sure if it was ever finished or implemented.

Thank you so much for the help again!
    I will send a ticket around the weekend.
    And yes i understand now what are instance npcs.
    And other two questions forged in my mind if you don't mind. xD

I found Tilithia's way quite useful. thank you
    The thing i am curious that if i make something with the terrain with the world building tool can i save it somehow? Like Tilithia's way is only focused on objects but what about terrain what made in offline mode?

And the last one is that when i am in offline mode my character always running even if he is supposed to stand. What might cause this and how can i fix it?

No problem

I don't believe you can shape terrain in offline mode, no. You'd need a specific client and commands to do that, if I'm not mistaken, unfortunately.

As for running in place, I'm not sure what causes that. I know if you try and type /sit_canine for a biped they might walk in place since there's a missing animation so it may be related. I don't use offline mode that often so my knowledge is limited, sorry!

Well there is an option to shape terrain xD add textures to it make holes or mountains and so on. It called "World Edit" just like "NPC Edit" menu.

And no problem thank you for your time and replies! x3

Oh! I didn't know that actually works in offline mode. I thought it'd just be disabled entirely. Either way, there's no way to save it to my knowledge, unfortunately.

Thread Information