Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World adjustment

Default World adjustment

Just a few things here, I won't indulge too much, I'm just too busy.
    1. I think it's strange that WD is harder than ED. The amount of mobs there and the type of mobs there are pretty hard to deal with even at my level at times. I kind of think they should ease up in WD just a tad and boost ED quite a bit.

2. Doom is ridiculously too easy, when it was made in 2010? I was hoping it was going to be the craziest thing I've ever seen. Yes nothing is under level 100 there but, it's still easier than WD or ED. I know the mobs have high levels but, it's the type of mobs that reside there that is the issue. Scorpions? Beetles? Crabs?, Maggots? Come on...That place should be over the top for ghosts, mages, blighted blights ect..and those mylocs could use a doom boost with blight bleed or something crazy after all it's DOOM for the players who just need something more.

END RANT!

-Kor

Default Re: World adjustment

It's not a rant, it's an emphatic discourse of opinion!

Also, you can run away in nearly any direction in the Western Deadlands. Not so easily in the Doom. The Eastern Deadlands are in between because of walls and trenches.

Other than that, maybe a little more oomph...
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

WD is most difficult for t4.

Elnath (satyr islands) can be the most difficult for t5.

The spirit swamp area and just east of there is the most difficult for t6. Doom could use more mobs, more mob spawns. If it was denser would become a t6 difficulty area. And in spots, it can be dangerous (dwarves). The maggots don't spawn fast enough to be dangerous, and the mylocs are spread a bit thin to be really challenging, except in the hallway leading to the Queen.

But if your rant was to get WD nerfed, I wouldn't do that. It's one of the fun places to hunt. Boosting ED and Doom mobs and mob density, that's the way to go. If those areas required a group to survive, wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    WD is most difficult for t4.

Elnath (satyr islands) can be the most difficult for t5.

The spirit swamp area and just east of there is the most difficult for t6. Doom could use more mobs, more mob spawns. If it was denser would become a t6 difficulty area. And in spots, it can be dangerous (dwarves). The maggots don't spawn fast enough to be dangerous, and the mylocs are spread a bit thin to be really challenging, except in the hallway leading to the Queen.

But if your rant was to get WD nerfed, I wouldn't do that. It's one of the fun places to hunt.
    I agree to 100%

Boosting ED and Doom mobs and mob density, that's the way to go. If those areas required a group to survive, wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least.
    here I have to disagree: Pls consider: Lots of qustes lead to doom. A single player or one or 2 more SHOULD be enough to solve this.
    Some players do not want to ask for help or even group all the time. Some prefer to play alone.
    Order player will have probs to get a group together- and wait for days to end a quest.
    Pls leave it to a player if he`s more a solo typ or prefers to group.
    A group is needed for epics anyway.
    I understand that t6 players want more challenge.
    Flame and me are t6 players-if we want a challenge in doom- we get it.
    Just pull the wandering groups at the first corner, the sac room-or the corner quite in front of queen chamber..and you might get more than you can take. And yes- the dwarves there.. pull them all and have fun.
    Leave the rest of the doom to average players, to train and fight without having to ask for company with each step they have to do there!!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Yeah, but those are supposed to be primarily epic quests as well. (ones that send you into doom).

And skilled players can still hunt solo, even if the mobs got smarter or tougher.

What would be unreasonable would be if the mobs (such as spiders) got grouped and had 50m aggro range, so you end up swarmed by 30 spiders at once.. That I would agree is overkill. Not suggesting that

Dralnok's got some love in the latest patch (291) that is on Blight.

The only reason WD is so hard is because of the spawn craziness (its like some of the Satyr islands). It should be hard, its a deadlands afterall, but it shouldn't be hard to players who have a high rating. It should be hard to t4 since that is what its set for. No worries, it'll get some changes at some point. ED is HUUUUUUGE and is getting love a little at a time.

I appreciate your feedback on areas. However, please don't assume that we always know what areas are hard, easy, or need work. We don't. We rely upon player feedback a lot to address these issues.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    here I have to disagree: Pls consider: Lots of qustes lead to doom. A single player or one or 2 more SHOULD be enough to solve this.
    Some players do not want to ask for help or even group all the time. Some prefer to play alone.
    Order player will have probs to get a group together- and wait for days to end a quest.
    Pls leave it to a player if he`s more a solo typ or prefers to group.
    A group is needed for epics anyway.
    I understand that t6 players want more challenge.
    Flame and me are t6 players-if we want a challenge in doom- we get it.
    Just pull the wandering groups at the first corner, the sac room-or the corner quite in front of queen chamber..and you might get more than you can take. And yes- the dwarves there.. pull them all and have fun.
    Leave the rest of the doom to average players, to train and fight without having to ask for company with each step they have to do there!!!
    ^^ I agree

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    ...I appreciate your feedback on areas. However, please don't assume that we always know what areas are hard, easy, or need work. We don't. We rely upon player feedback a lot to address these issues.
    Doom - Easy for the most part. Dwarves are decently difficult. As are the crawling skeleton things.. Only difficult myloc spot is the hallway to the queen's egg chamber.

WD - About right. A single classed player will need to be very careful, but could survive if experienced. I go in with 2 toons and have no problem but I do have to pay attention.

Doom - Easy for the most part. Dwarves are decently difficult. As are the crawling skeleton things.. Only difficult myloc spot is the hallway to the queen's egg chamber.
    I would beg to differ...i'm not the best/most elite of fighters, but certainly fully equipped+buffed there isn't one area of DD where I don't have to watch my back while fighting...and my hp bar of course . Dwarves are decent enough with all the debuffs and with sargeants mixed in, the bugs with debilitating DoTs (and i belive stygian scorpion venom isn't dispellable nor is it preventable), high defences and quick attacks can very easily kill if not taken on 1 or 2 at a time, cave crawlers (is that what they're called? the t6 versions of tomb crawlers?)...i don't think those need words, or i hope they don't because their resistances to many damage types, DoTs and attack make them something i never want to face after i get their title. Mylocs gain powers in numbers and with a social aggro they do that easily enough, the same for murk crabs, plus additional difficulty in doing them alone because of their insanely high evasion even without the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    I would beg to differ...i'm not the best/most elite of fighters, but certainly fully equipped+buffed there isn't one area of DD where I don't have to watch my back while fighting...and my hp bar of course . Dwarves are decent enough with all the debuffs and with sargeants mixed in, the bugs with debilitating DoTs (and i belive stygian scorpion venom isn't dispellable nor is it preventable), high defences and quick attacks can very easily kill if not taken on 1 or 2 at a time, cave crawlers (is that what they're called? the t6 versions of tomb crawlers?)...i don't think those need words, or i hope they don't because their resistances to many damage types, DoTs and attack make them something i never want to face after i get their title. Mylocs gain powers in numbers and with a social aggro they do that easily enough, the same for murk crabs, plus additional difficulty in doing them alone because of their insanely high evasion even without the debuff.
    Totally agree

I would beg to differ...i'm not the best/most elite of fighters, but certainly fully equipped+buffed there isn't one area of DD where I don't have to watch my back while fighting...and my hp bar of course . Dwarves are decent enough with all the debuffs and with sargeants mixed in, the bugs with debilitating DoTs (and i belive stygian scorpion venom isn't dispellable nor is it preventable), high defences and quick attacks can very easily kill if not taken on 1 or 2 at a time, cave crawlers (is that what they're called? the t6 versions of tomb crawlers?)...i don't think those need words, or i hope they don't because their resistances to many damage types, DoTs and attack make them something i never want to face after i get their title.
    Right. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. And in all of the above situations, you do your best to control the battle, and retreat when needed. Smaller swarm of murk crabs come out of the pool after you? You take off in the opposite direction. All of these situations can be handled with a little bit of tactics. It's kinda tough solo you say? It's supposed to be. And with those little bit of tactics, they are actually all easy fights.

Mylocs gain powers in numbers and with a social aggro they do that easily enough, the same for murk crabs, plus additional difficulty in doing them alone because of their insanely high evasion even without the debuff.
    Yes. And in that hallway (I previously mentioned), this can happen and there's limited exit options, it's a hallway. Once you've got 10+ mylocs on you in that hallway, better pull out all the stops. Nothing like pulling it out of the fire and surviving there. (I do like to pull 6+ mylocs. Gets fun when 6+ additional ones come along

You said DD was "Easy for the most part." The fact you point out we need tactics proves that it is not easy. My point was DD is hard. :P

I did not ask for it to be easier...i'm content with how it is - i however do not want it to be much harder than it is, because it is already hard. xD

If you want to make DD harder for yourself...then...don't use those tactics. simple. xD

Doom's hard enough IMHO... as Azath said, because tactics are needed to hunt effectively there, that makes it harder than say... hunting in the yew forest where you can essentially one-hit KO everything there but the named mobs and don't need to worry too much about where you attack from.

If you use proper tactics, you can handle big groups in Doom solo yes... but that's kinda the point. Not everyone can get a group together to do their quests, especially the non-epic ones so most people should be able to handle themselves in Doom effectively once they know what they're doing.

I can tackle groups of mylocs still for titles and whatnot but that's only because I know very well what tactics to use against them, have the best of the best gear equipped for my build and can shoot off healing spells quick enough to survive it... usually. If the group's too big, running is the only option for even the best of us.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I am with Az and Mach here- knowing that they both know all about tactics and best equippment.

Maybe we can agree if we say:

Doom is ok the way it is atm,
    but one needs to know how to make it a challange.

I myself would stop hunting in doom, if I would not be able to survive alone, or pull groups with only 3-4 mobs.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

the bugs with debilitating DoTs (and i belive stygian scorpion venom isn't dispellable nor is it preventable),

What bugs with DoTs?

Stygian Scorpion Venom is a poison and is most certainly preventable and curable using Cure Poison or Primal Cure spells or using a consumable antidote. Antidotes will not only remove an existing poison, but will give you a temporary immunity to future poisons. Poisons, however, are not cleansable, if that is what you mean, and that is entirely on purpose.

"Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    What bugs with DoTs?

Stygian Scorpion Venom is a poison and is most certainly preventable and curable using Cure Poison or Primal Cure spells or using a consumable antidote. Antidotes will not only remove an existing poison, but will give you a temporary immunity to future poisons. Poisons, however, are not cleansable, if that is what you mean, and that is entirely on purpose
    I meant bugs as in beetles, scorpions and spiders ahahaha. (all have DoT attacks in dd - acid, poison & bleed and...i think the t6 spiders still have poison? not sure, but certainly bleed, respectively.)

But no, stygian scoprion venom is not preventable - Greater Cure Posion/the cure poison spell line goes up to t5 and prevents t5 poison, but stygian scoprion is t6 and so is not stopped by the cure poison spells. (and i also know that not only from the description of the effect, but i have poison immunity effect from the spell up for most of the time because i still am working on purifier title, and it has made...0 impact on sytigan scorpion poison xD)

The t6 poison on the stygian scoprions might actually be an opportunity for a quest since the cure poison potions/spells only go to t5. I'd love to see a quest where you go and "study" all the different types of scorpion so you can understand their poison better and possibly have the spell(?) require something looted from the named giant scorpion in Doom to craft.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I think what could be done is to change the security or at least increase the population of Mylocs wandering around in Doom, at least in their main area. Have some with larger patrols, some flowing in and out of the tunnels leading to the queen and eggs (and traveling through the grand chamber), some flowing through the passages where they keep watch over the maggots and dung piles. Who knows!

It's too easy to infiltrate the nest they've been growing for years. At least, I think it's been years. I forget.
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Doom as it is IMO is way too easy. I think the only thing that can really kill me there is the Queen and I can handle her alone for a minute or so, healing my butt off of course but still. Would like to see a little more different types of mobs that mess you up, semi-intelligent of course.

I guess WD is fine the way it is, I don't personally have difficulty here, but I remember when I was around that level it was pretty hard. Yes, it is a deadland and it should be hard so, it's ok the way it is. Just trying to think of the whole world and what might be a little skewed at that level is all.

Yes Amon, ED is really huge and I realize it could be very difficult to populate. I guess a suggestion I would have here would be make areas of high concentration of mobs and in between that just a few as it is today of wandering mobs. Some of the cenotaph areas are more of what I'm thinking just a bigger area.

ND seems about right for it's level.

Thank you everyone for voicing your opinions. It was great to see everyone's thoughts.

*Thought for the day* If you can't handle the heat stay out the kitchen! :-)

-Kor

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post

*Thought for the day* If you can't handle the heat stay out the kitchen! :-)

-Kor
    Thought of the day: if you can't stand the heat don't tickle the dragon

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Thread Information