Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World adjustment

Default Re: World adjustment

I've just spent time in doom, letting a stygian hit me for quite a while to check the poison and cure.. he didn't use poison so I killed him and got another.. again no poison. repeat 3 more times, 3 more scorpions. nothing

Not all of his abilities give the poison. Did he use anything other than one pincer attack?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Yeah, but those are supposed to be primarily epic quests as well. (ones that send you into doom).

And skilled players can still hunt solo, even if the mobs got smarter or tougher.

What would be unreasonable would be if the mobs (such as spiders) got grouped and had 50m aggro range, so you end up swarmed by 30 spiders at once.. That I would agree is overkill. Not suggesting that
    Well, the spiders are a bit rediculous to kill now without a healer. and even then if you get poisoned you have 1 hour to keep healing. which means you're dead, basically. I now have 4 deaths between myself and my alt while gathering mats for the superior antidote (which atm is unusable as it requires level 114). this to me is a bit of overkill

Use Crystal of Bone, it's supposed to have a 5% chance to clean you of any dots or bleeds.

And soon, Amon will get the superior antidote fixed. That's coming next Tuesday pretty sure.

Right. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. And in all of the above situations, you do your best to control the battle, and retreat when needed. Smaller swarm of murk crabs come out of the pool after you? You take off in the opposite direction. All of these situations can be handled with a little bit of tactics. It's kinda tough solo you say? It's supposed to be. And with those little bit of tactics, they are actually all easy fights.

i had to fight the murk crabs in DD for the unsung heroes quest.... i dragon reach'd em, and got like 4-5 of them at once. what did i do? i just shield of gold and smushed em all. they are not really that hard.

oh, and the crawling skeletons are Carrion Crawlers. a millipede thing.

my two cents on DD: it's a great place to go hunting in, but it doesn't make me go "oh sh-" like the southern ED does sometimes, when Fafnir shows up, or when i am hunting Kwellen Berzerkers and Daknor decides to say hi. those of us that don't consider even fighting blight hounds one on one a challenge, have been playing for close on 10 years, and we've worked countless hours to get our character to the level they have. for most of the playerbase though, they avoid said blight hounds, or blight crabs, or kwellen berzerkers. (i still avoid the abomination taskmaster / death dealer patrols though. i don't touch those.)
    Last edited by Romirez; December 16th, 2016 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    ...those of us that don't consider even fighting blight hounds one on one a challenge...
    If blight hounds 1 v 1 isn't a challenge then something is severely wrong with disproportionate player power because even at my best I still barely scrape through a fight using my dragon, and i'm yet to see someone who doesn't have to really pay attention and employ their best tactics in order to survive the fight (read: everyone who i've ever seen fighting them has had to be at the top of their game to solo, even for the super-elite) O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    ...for most of the playerbase though, they avoid said blight hounds, or blight crabs, or kwellen berzerkers...
    No one fights them because easier things to kill drop better loot. Because people tend to kill the easiest thing that gives the best outcome.
    But right here is also a great example of where the super-elite can chose to fight harder things if they want to & which doesn't effect the average player

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Not all of his abilities give the poison. Did he use anything other than one pincer attack?
    I did not check all his attacks. I know I stood there for quite some time letting him hit me. hoping he would use poison

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    If blight hounds 1 v 1 isn't a challenge then something is severely wrong with disproportionate player power because even at my best I still barely scrape through a fight using my dragon, and i'm yet to see someone who doesn't have to really pay attention and employ their best tactics in order to survive the fight (read: everyone who i've ever seen fighting them has had to be at the top of their game to solo, even for the super-elite) O.o

No one fights them because easier things to kill drop better loot. Because people tend to kill the easiest thing that gives the best outcome.
    But right here is also a great example of where the super-elite can chose to fight harder things if they want to & which doesn't effect the average player
    well i should explain slightly. i don't mean it's piss-easy. i have to use my tanking technique and offensive techniques to get good output to beat one. but i know how to fight them, and my defenses are more then adequate to reduce their incoming damage so i can out-heal their damage. to note- i do have 800 blight resist with my Ceremonial Scale and Blackhammer tech, so i reduce a lot of incoming blight damage, and i have 2800 armor so slash/crush/pierce is also reduced by quite a bit. it was not easy getting Romirez to the point he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    ...But right here is also a great example of where the super-elite can chose to fight harder things if they want to & which doesn't effect the average player
    There seems to be a small group of players who like to complain about "super elite". Maybe you were just kidding here.

Super Elite in my mind, means someone who knows how to play their character. And all that takes is some practice.

I know of less than 1 year old characters who do things you would call "Super Elite" all the time. Example: Dragon solo killing the new and improved Surthieum. Players killing Blight Hounds. Players having no problems in Dralnok's Doom, while others complain "it's hard enough!".

Different classes are better at different mobs. And that's all fine, and to me actually a good thing.

But complaining that you cannot accomplish something that others can, well, I'm not really sure what to say without it easily being taken the wrong way. But I can assure you, that if they can do it, so can you.

...Super Elite in my mind, means someone who knows how to play their character. And all that takes is some practice...
    ...But complaining that you cannot accomplish something that others can, well, I'm not really sure what to say without it easily being taken the wrong way. But I can assure you, that if they can do it, so can you.
    If they can do it, I cannot because....
    -I'm not as perceptive as them, i'm a lil dumb and I can admit that.
    -They have more time to play than me (more time to learn new ways, more time to test things, more time to do group questlines like hero's resolve/volcano)
    -They have more drive to play than me (especially concerning grinding. those with more drive are more willing to learn new ways to play)
    -They have more patience to grind to test numbers than me
    -They are told more tactics for the best way to do things than me who has to figure stuff out alone
    -For a VERY small minority: They have legacy items I do not
    -I do not have the items they do (some people can easily ask for stuff made, some people find it tough to find available crafters)
    -I do not have the...hmmm...experience? The thing that means they press buttons faster than me because they're a lil more organised and used to pressing buttons, which I take a while to find with my 20 exposed hotbars in which only the craft ones I know how to navigate (because bipeds have a lot of abilties & most of my fighting is epic fighting as the healer or use of flame bolt + heals).
    -My computer is laggier than theirs, because if my screen is going at less than 10 fps i spend half of the fight doing nothing waiting for my character to move...which isn't a factor anymore for me, but i can name at least one person who never epic hunts for that reason. (and don't tell me these people should reduce their shadows/weather etc etc, these people who have fps troubles to this extent already have done that...)

(the bottom two points are perhaps the most important of all of these factors, as these are almost the only ones which it may be impossible to change for someone)

With exactly the same stats/items as another player, back when SoG could be dual-logged with a dragon + healer, he could dual log SoG and i could not even after a few attempts for a lot of those reasons.

There are also some people with for example, bad eyesight, who do not like to fight much because they find it difficult to see small text + are daunted by the amount of hotbars on screen at one time it takes to conveniently fight.

In this case the "they" is what i call the super-elite, the people with everything, who know everything, and can perform the everything they know when it comes to doing it, the people who can remember every major monster's resistances, the people who find DD "too easy"...

Now i'll admit, DD/ED can be improved in some places to be harder just fine to cater to everyone...but those changes should be done with caution and made sure it is not just a small elite minority demanding it and making it harder for everyone; imo- elites need seperate areas to fight (not neccesarily different maps- ex: currently in DD, one murk crab pool is more compact than the other, the more compact pool is the harder pool).

I don't mind changes to these areas IF i can keep some areas at a reasonable difficulty - or..that is...while some things are intentionally hard, that which isn't intentionally overly difficult and could be made more difficult, making it harder should be applied only where there is still a choice for a less difficult option, even if it comes at a small cost to take the less difficult option (an incentive to improve, that may be done with more awkward pull spots as just one example) as this does not stop progress in those who are physically (memory issues, bad eyesight etc) or literally (do not have enough time to test new things) unable to improve much.
    Last edited by Azath; December 16th, 2016 at 05:24 PM.

For what its worth, it is not impossible to create NEW content that is hard and worth experiencing. Happy to do so in fact.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon, would the area south of 31000,24700 be a nice place for some new, hard content? I don't remember there being anything there the last time I was out there.
    I just lost the game.

Well said Azath

Thread Information