Thread: mute emotes

Default mute emotes

I dont know who had problem with sounds, but now iam going to spam it all the more now. If anyone has problem with that they are free to turn their sound off, and not mine.

Default Re: mute emotes

Just curious, does /ignore work for emotes? Might be a way for those annoyed to deal with it. I generally only pay attention to those by characters with whom I am actively roleplaying.

you can still use sound emotes by writing _s after the ones that have had their sounds removed, this wasn't changed to only benefit one type of person, it was changed so people had a choice to use the sounds or not.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

I do apologise i found out about the _s thing but some of them still didnt work even with _s added (pounce, victory, and maybe something else) i did ful scan and it works now. BUT the _s thing could have been maybe mentioned in patch notes. Anyway thanks for reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoubek View Post
    I do apologise i found out about the _s thing but some of them still didnt work even with _s added (pounce, victory, and maybe something else) i did ful scan and it works now. BUT the _s thing could have been maybe mentioned in patch notes. Anyway thanks for reply.
    Victory is one of the few who's sound didn't get taken away at all if I'm not mistaken, so a simple /victory should work just fine, and it seems it was something missed in the notes, apologies for that.

For what are this change? eweryone use sound emote so where is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by vasteel View Post
    For what are this change? eweryone use sound emote so where is the problem?
    Some people did not like some of the more cartoony jingles like those included in steppedinit and shakeno, we simply offer them the choice of using the emote with or without sound.

the fact that the _s usage wasn't publicly known is simply because it was missed in the patch notes.

Chaos eather in Elia or Harro unless I go to sleep while being lazy in NT ;p

Nods, and like others I will have to tie up another hotkey bank just to have the sounds back...

And yeah to me without the sounds they are almost useless.
    Solarrian Windwalker - Helian - 100/100/100/100 DGMC
    Drackhen Windwalker - Helian - 48 Adv - 41 Craft
    Timeraiire - Lunus - 35 Adv - 35 Craft
    Chaos Server - GL Casual Heroes

It depends which server board I think is which.

Just want to interject and say that I'm among those who absolutely hated the emotes that had the stupid music. It got really irritating and I modded the sounds out of the entire game.

Having a choice helps people like me since people are less likely to write the entire command out with _s when spamming it, but I'm likely just going to have sound modded out still anyway.

Idk what exactly think about it, developers responsible for scoring animation in the game, instead change the sound to add the option Mute, light embarrassment :/

I think this needs to be reversed back to original status. If someone doesn't like the sound, they can turn their sound effects off in game.

Wouldn't it be just MUCH more easier if it would have a stupid option in the options menu? To disable emote sounds. And we woudl have a more organized game not just a "drop something" into the game what makes it look like it has threads which looks like it has a quickly done solution or an unfinished or neglected part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStone View Post
    I think this needs to be reversed back to original status. If someone doesn't like the sound, they can turn their sound effects off in game.
    I pretty much agree with this.

There are a few with kinda bad sounds... they should be put on a list to have some sounds upgraded or replaced. But others sound pretty good.

And if someone doesn't like that at all, just turn sounds off. I know a lot of people play that way.

As it is right now, you have a choice. You can type /emotename for a mute emote or /emotename_s for an emote with sound. The latter only doesn't appear under the emote window, but appears if you type /emote to list all available emotes.

We received numerous complaints about how cartoonish and out of place the sounds were on some emotes. While I would've preferred to keep the sound on emotes that had normal sounds like roars and growls, I suppose it was all or nothing and now you at least have the choice of which you prefer.

We do not want to force players to turn off their game sounds because of emotes. That is counter-productive; it was better to give a choice.

That being said, we are considering what sounds to place on the emotes that might be more fitting. Making the emotes silent by default is mostly a temporary measure before we figure out something else.

Chaos eather in Elia or Harro unless I go to sleep while being lazy in NT ;p

What I don't like is having to tie up hotkeys for it instead of being able to use the emote button in the chat window. I am still going to use the emotes with sound if I use them but now have to have another hotkey bank set up for it.

I also see a lot of confused returning and new players in NT wondering why they don't have sound with their emotes. It is rather difficult to explain it without it sounding silly at best.
    Solarrian Windwalker - Helian - 100/100/100/100 DGMC
    Drackhen Windwalker - Helian - 48 Adv - 41 Craft
    Timeraiire - Lunus - 35 Adv - 35 Craft
    Chaos Server - GL Casual Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Solarrian View Post
    What I don't like is having to tie up hotkeys for it instead of being able to use the emote button in the chat window. I am still going to use the emotes with sound if I use them but now have to have another hotkey bank set up for it.

I also see a lot of confused returning and new players in NT wondering why they don't have sound with their emotes. It is rather difficult to explain it without it sounding silly at best.
    My thoughts exactly.

Sooo since we now have "/setpref muteEmotes true" are there any plans to get rid of that whole xxx_s thing and make it the way it was before?

if they add the setpref to the audio section of options, I'd be happy. they can do what they want to those that want to hear sounds. preferably reset them to default sounds. So long as I can turn them off, it won't matter. I do not want to have to shut off all game sounds, just to get rid of emote sounds. They are so annoying to some of us. But as long as the command works, I'll be happy whether or not it's in the audio options, or a typed command. I also do not read Main chat most times, so using a greet to me goes unnoticed. sorry people.. it's nothing personal. I can't watch several chats at the same time, and I'm not a fan of emotes in general

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    if they add the setpref to the audio section of options, I'd be happy. they can do what they want to those that want to hear sounds. preferably reset them to default sounds. So long as I can turn them off, it won't matter. I do not want to have to shut off all game sounds, just to get rid of emote sounds. They are so annoying to some of us. But as long as the command works, I'll be happy whether or not it's in the audio options, or a typed command. I also do not read Main chat most times, so using a greet to me goes unnoticed. sorry people.. it's nothing personal. I can't watch several chats at the same time, and I'm not a fan of emotes in general
    I have not monitored main chat for nearly 13 years now, and the npc emotes are pure spam to me. Thus my position on this is same as Mali's.

Knossos

Thread Information