Thread: Suggestions that make sense to me

Default Suggestions that make sense to me

Greetings,

- I prefer to see the maintenance announcement posted 24h prior to said maintenance. Any patching, how trivial they may seems to the developers, needs to be communicated to the playerbase/community, even if its only to show the proper respect to said player base/community. The majority of our player base are mature people. Treat them as such

- A beginner quest in New Trismus asks you to defeat Cedar Treants. The quest sends you to Pratt's Pond, and suggest to look "above" it. Not north, not south, but above it. There are no Cedar Treant at or near Pratt's Pond. And above it is nothing but thin air. If a landmark has to be used to send people to the correct coordinates, then it has to be the Mill.

- Add level requirement indications to every adventure quest, so players know upfront what to expect.

- Players leaving New Trismus for the first time, have to be clearly informed that they will have major issues when dealing with adventure quests outside New Trismus when they are only level 10.

- Add some kind of friends-invite-feature. For example, if a player manages to recrute 5 new players to Istaria, said player could be rewarded with Loyalty Tokens, or something else. Maybe that would be a good incentive to increase the player base, which will hopefully lead to more funding

- Maybe add some more team orientated events for those not yet level 100 ? A few low level dungeons, so players get to learn how to interact and behave in teams and team fights.

- Gem-tipped claw formulas (which are drop only) have to be removed and replaced with buyable versions. The gap between adventure levels 19-44 and 57-82 is to big to have to rely on formulas from drop only. I would say even rare drop, because the mobs who drop said formula have such a big drop loot pool to choose from, it becomes very frustrating to grind them. And who wants to spend days grinding a formula, which will only allow the crafting of claws you will only temporarely use ? Yes, other players on Istaria have already found said formula, and can probably craft it for you ... if they happen to be online, if they happen to be willing, and so on ....

- Guild Vault. There is no reason why an mmorpg should not have a Guild vault/bank

- Dragon Ingenuity ... what does it do, why is it listed under adventure, rather then craft ... it has a pink icon

- I open my character window, see all kinds of stats like strength, power, focus, armor and a lot of values for said stats.
    But what do does values mean ? If my armor value is 447, how much damage is actually being mitigated ? What does 237 strength mean ? how much damage does this add to your regular attacks ?

- When I did my adult RoP, I had assistance from several dragons during my progress. At some point I was tasked with the killing of certain mobs in the Northrend Deadlands. Pale hatchling/Ghostly dragons level 60-61. During one of these encounters, I was assisted by a dragon who was lvl 100 for both adventure and crafting. He got surrounded at some point, by 1 Ghastly dragon, and maybe 3-4 Pale hatchling. It was not before long, that his health bar dropped to 50%.
    This should not be. A fully leveled, Ancient dragon should be able to walk through entire Northrend Deadlands without loosing more then 10hp. If Ancient dragons are trully as powerfull as Istarian Lore would have us believe. Even if this was not the case, When finally reaching the top with your character, when finally reaching your peak, you should have a feeling that almost nothing can touch you, except for epic bosses. Look at the size and intimidation factor of an Ancient dragon ... then seeing a couple of hatchling beat it up so hard, I almost wanna cry
    This travesty can no longer be allowed, lol - Make dragons a proud race once more ... and ALL powerfull

This is my list of suggestions for now, ill probably post some more as I keep playing the game.
    Do not forget these ar merely suggestion, and should be treated as such.
    I like Istaria, will continue to play it for now, and I will continue to pay for it through subscriptions.

Thank you for your time,
    Yggddrassil

Default Re: Suggestions that make sense to me

The thing is, there IS low level dungeons. Ashlander's Tomb, Helian's Tomb...all those, they're started through the "broken disk" questline in sable shores. And you can find group experience through anything you'll need help in.
    "Normality is a paved road. It's comfortable to walk on, but no flowers grow on it." - Vincent Van Gogh

To go through these suggestions in order:
    • Maintenance is every Tuesday and are usually over around 10am-12pm EST. A delta may or may not be applied to live which will make the maintenance take longer. Hotfixes get patched through because... they're hotfixes.
    • Probably should be in the bug reports but a good suggestion.
    • If you can pick up the quest, you're at the bare minimum requirements to complete it. Help may or may not be required.
    • New Trismus quests will get you leveled through level 10 easily, 15 if you do them all extensively. And Kion quests send you against creatures that are level 10-21 depending on the quest, and you can usually find a lower level alternative with the difficult ones like the gruoks. If a quest is too hard, it's easy to ask around for help or drop that one for the moment and work on the other easier ones.
    • Decent idea, if a friend you introduced to the game buys a sub, getting a loyalty token or two from that wouldn't hurt.
    • You can always group up with people, even if you don't quest together and are on opposite sides of the map. There are low-level dungeons with the t2 (and t3) revamp. Ashlander's Tomb and Helian's Tomb are the main ones.
    • Unnecessary, every crafter has this problem with roughly half their forms. Unless all forms are going to be changed to be able to be purchased, it would be exceedingly unfair. Finding someone to craft the claws for you while you're hunting for the form is never a bad idea either... most people do it for free as far as I know as long as you provide materials.
    • Guild vault/bank is already covered by guild halls and plots open to the guild. If you want one, you can build one or join a guild that has one.
    • Ingenuity does many things, and is used to gather and craft things that a dragon wouldn't normally need to. It's under adventure because the ingenuity skill is gained from adventure leveling, rather than craft leveling. I'm assuming the reason for this is because keys use ingenuity skill and adventure level to determine if you can use them. The icon isn't pink on my end but if it is, that might be another bug report to put in.
    • I wouldn't know where to find this out but if you want to set up spreadsheets to calculate this out to a T, be my guest... knowing the exact formulas for these things is ultimately unnecessary in the long run as you get a feel for what these things do with experience.
    • Swarms, especially undead swarms hurt. If they can hit you at all, they can hurt you. The level 100 dropping down to 50% though in that area seems pretty inexperienced (no offence meant) as it's usually a simple thing to avoid the swarms in the first place or run through dangerous areas without stopping to fight. Dragons are plenty strong enough, we DO NOT need another boost.

I don't mean to be harsh but I think that most of these are ultimately unnecessary

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Dyoniccus View Post
    - Gem-tipped claw formulas (which are drop only) have to be removed and replaced with buyable versions. The gap between adventure levels 19-44 and 57-82 is to big to have to rely on formulas from drop only. I would say even rare drop, because the mobs who drop said formula have such a big drop loot pool to choose from, it becomes very frustrating to grind them. And who wants to spend days grinding a formula, which will only allow the crafting of claws you will only temporarely use ? Yes, other players on Istaria have already found said formula, and can probably craft it for you ... if they happen to be online, if they happen to be willing, and so on ....
    This is a good point.

The solution would be to add a dragon refurbished gear vendor for t1 and t2 items and spells. We already have this for bipeds. Not a bad idea to add one for Dragons. You might trade with the dragon sitting on the Kion vault, he might already fulfill this function. (but probably not). The vendor with a few quests from earlier quest NPC's to send you to him and buy gear is a good solution to your suggestion.

Greetings,

Thank u for the feedback.

I was unaware of the low level dungeon "Helian Tombs" - Ill be sure to check it out
    As to Dragon Ingenuity ... I meant Dragon Intuition - Ingeniuty is listed under craft, Intuition is listed under adventure - both are active skills - they override each other - they override every other crafting skill, such as scalecraft, quarrying ... still unsure as to what they do.

Thank u for reading my suggestion and thank u for your time

Greetings,

- I prefer to see the maintenance announcement posted 24h prior to said maintenance. Any patching, how trivial they may seems to the developers, needs to be communicated to the playerbase/community, even if its only to show the proper respect to said player base/community. The majority of our player base are mature people. Treat them as such
    Isn't all that posted here? http://community.istaria.com/forum/f...nd-Maintenance

- A beginner quest in New Trismus asks you to defeat Cedar Treants. The quest sends you to Pratt's Pond, and suggest to look "above" it. Not north, not south, but above it. There are no Cedar Treant at or near Pratt's Pond. And above it is nothing but thin air. If a landmark has to be used to send people to the correct coordinates, then it has to be the Mill.

- Add level requirement indications to every adventure quest, so players know upfront what to expect.

- Players leaving New Trismus for the first time, have to be clearly informed that they will have major issues when dealing with adventure quests outside New Trismus when they are only level 10.
    For above three - yes, a lot of quests need some rewording to have more specific directions and give details on how hard the player can expect it to be.

- Add some kind of friends-invite-feature. For example, if a player manages to recrute 5 new players to Istaria, said player could be rewarded with Loyalty Tokens, or something else. Maybe that would be a good incentive to increase the player base, which will hopefully lead to more funding

- Maybe add some more team orientated events for those not yet level 100 ? A few low level dungeons, so players get to learn how to interact and behave in teams and team fights.
    If I recall correctly, there are several tombs/hard quests that, at the level you run across them, greatly encourage the player to group up by virtue of how difficult the task is. However, it's been a while and I don't know if the quests actually say 'you should probably get a group'. Ties in to the earlier thing with 'better directions/more details in quests'

- Guild Vault. There is no reason why an mmorpg should not have a Guild vault/bank
    I believe this is the purpose of those guild plot thingies, and lairs in general?

- Dragon Ingenuity ... what does it do, why is it listed under adventure, rather then craft ... it has a pink icon

- I open my character window, see all kinds of stats like strength, power, focus, armor and a lot of values for said stats.
    But what do does values mean ? If my armor value is 447, how much damage is actually being mitigated ? What does 237 strength mean ? how much damage does this add to your regular attacks ?
    I would also really like to see the math behind the numbers in my profile sheet. I think someone actually did all that stuff and it's in a forum post around here somewhere, but having it displayed in game would be lovely as well

- When I did my adult RoP, I had assistance from several dragons during my progress. At some point I was tasked with the killing of certain mobs in the Northrend Deadlands. Pale hatchling/Ghostly dragons level 60-61. During one of these encounters, I was assisted by a dragon who was lvl 100 for both adventure and crafting. He got surrounded at some point, by 1 Ghastly dragon, and maybe 3-4 Pale hatchling. It was not before long, that his health bar dropped to 50%.
    This should not be. A fully leveled, Ancient dragon should be able to walk through entire Northrend Deadlands without loosing more then 10hp. If Ancient dragons are trully as powerfull as Istarian Lore would have us believe. Even if this was not the case, When finally reaching the top with your character, when finally reaching your peak, you should have a feeling that almost nothing can touch you, except for epic bosses. Look at the size and intimidation factor of an Ancient dragon ... then seeing a couple of hatchling beat it up so hard, I almost wanna cry
    This travesty can no longer be allowed, lol - Make dragons a proud race once more ... and ALL powerfull
    They were likely SEVERELY underscaled/geared. If not, then I don't know what to say because my ancient can nearly do what you say. Heck he can do that even with ~lv100 mobs

This is my list of suggestions for now, ill probably post some more as I keep playing the game.
    Do not forget these ar merely suggestion, and should be treated as such.
    I like Istaria, will continue to play it for now, and I will continue to pay for it through subscriptions.

Thank you for your time,
    Yggddrassil
    Thoughts in bold.

Greetings,

Thank u for the feedback.

I was unaware of the low level dungeon "Helian Tombs" - Ill be sure to check it out
    As to Dragon Ingenuity ... I meant Dragon Intuition - Ingeniuty is listed under craft, Intuition is listed under adventure - both are active skills - they override each other - they override every other crafting skill, such as scalecraft, quarrying ... still unsure as to what they do.

Thank u for reading my suggestion and thank u for your time
    Intuition is the adventure version of ingenuity. they both do the same thing. let you gather things like wood.cloth and such and craft different things required for certain quests if you are not a crafter in general. IE: applying novians to a plot you own so you don't need a craft to use it..

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    Intuition is the adventure version of ingenuity. they both do the same thing. let you gather things like wood.cloth and such and craft different things required for certain quests if you are not a crafter in general. IE: applying novians to a plot you own so you don't need a craft to use it..
    Not quite true.

Ingenuity = does what it says up there ^

Intuition = used for some quest items. Intuition will not allow you to gather fabric/wood/water etc but it will allow you to gather some flowers used in quests, the water from the well outside cleric's tower and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    This is a good point.

The solution would be to add a dragon refurbished gear vendor for t1 and t2 items and spells. We already have this for bipeds. Not a bad idea to add one for Dragons. You might trade with the dragon sitting on the Kion vault, he might already fulfill this function. (but probably not). The vendor with a few quests from earlier quest NPC's to send you to him and buy gear is a good solution to your suggestion.
    ^This, I can get behind. Why wouldn't the older dragon (npcs) want to help insure their young ones have something to protect and arm themselves with? Seems like if this idea makes it through, the dragons would be learning something from the bipeds.

(if this is somehow unclear or anything, forgive me, I'm super sleepy)
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

It depends which server board I think is which.

Greetings,

All maint announcements are posted here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/f...nd-Maintenance
    All update notes are posted here: http://community.istaria.com/libraries/?id=1
    And/or here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...tes-Compendium
    And/or here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/f...-(Test-Server)
    And/or here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/f...php?70-General
    The last two, look for threads called "Live Client" / "Blight Client" / "Blight Delta" / "Live Delta" / "Content Update" / etc.

This is weird and sounds more like a bug, maybe make a bug report about it?

If you can pick up the quest you meet the requirement, but it'd be nice to see quests that are level-locked with the level they require next to them. There hasn't been a single quest I couldn't do at minimum level that isn't the RoP, but some can be rough. Considering this is an MMO, you're sort of expected to work together with people and some quests might be tough solo.

If you ask me, if there is a need for a 'suggested level' to do a quest that you can pick up, the quest needs a higher level constraint or the person picking it up is very under-equipped (or inexperienced). But that would mean making the RoP minimum level 50 and oh boy let's not open pandora's box...

If they didn't do all or most of the New Trismus quests, yeah, they might have a rough time at flat level 10. If you do all or most of the quests, you're going to be in the 13-15 range and much more prepared. Also in Kion, you should start with quests that aren't ability quests (on the dragon side) and more story.. you'll find yourself in a much better situation if you're struggling. Or pick up the easier ability quests first.
    (And I don't mean you in particular, I mean a more general 'you')

I like this idea, though I feel it'd be a bit of a way to abuse loyalty tokens. Register a fake account, reference yourself, get tokens, leave other account, ???, profit. I don't mean to be a killjoy but I can see that happening :/

Other people have already addressed this but yeah, Helian's Tomb, Ashlander's Tomb, etc.

A big no to buyable versions for all dragon claws. It'd be unfair to the bipeds of the game whose weapons are half-looted as well. I haven't really seen a request for a simple claw go unheard in marketplace either, honestly, so I'm not sure what you mean by 'if they happen to be online, if they happen to be willing'... cause most people have the formula and a good bunch are willing.

However, I would suggest revamping how dragon claws are handed out. Let's look at Journeyman. Right now we have:

Journeyman Lesser Gem-Tipped Dragon Claws (Bought)
    Citrine: Lvl 44
    Jasper: lvl 50
    Aquamarine: lvl 57

Journeyman Gem-Tipped Dragon Claws (Looted)
    Topaz: lvl 63
    Opal: lvl 69
    Jade: lvl 75

Each formula corresponds to 1 tier. I would prefer to rewrite this to conform to something more like the biped system of normal/fine weapons and two kinds of said weapon. So, instead, you'd get:

Journeyman Lesser Gem-Tipped Dragon Claws (Bought)
    Citrine: Lvl 44
    Aquamarine: lvl 57
    Opal: lvl 69

Journeyman Gem-Tipped Dragon Claws (Looted)
    Jasper: lvl 50
    Topaz: lvl 63
    Jade: lvl 75

If you get the looted formula, you get to upgrade your claw sooner, but you aren't hindered for an entire tier if you don't.
    Also full support to Guaran's refurbished gear idea.

Exactly, that is why they do exist... in the forms of guild halls and guild storage on plots

This was already addressed but Intuition (as you said you meant) is used to gather random stuff for certain quests so you don't need a high craft. Ex Grave Dust

You get a feel for it as time goes on and, personally, I'd prefer only a *vague* description to be added and *not* exact calculations. If you ask me, giving exact calculations takes the game out of the game and just makes it all math.

The only thing I'd like to see calculations for is armor damage mitigation. Path of Exile gives you evasion chance % and your damage reduction % in your statistics and I'd like to see that, honestly. (The latter at least since evasion is based off of the mobs you fight, too.)

*snip for length*
    Believe me, dragons are all powerful. Even OP in some places. That ancient must've been extremely under-equipped or something to be destroyed that fast.
    Though also remember: Pale Hatchlings are ALSO dragons and they have Gold Rage V or IV. That is deadly as all hell and I've died to them as an ancient before when I've accidentally gotten swarmed. They slam that on you all at once and your health is just gone. xD

The last post regarding maintenance said it was going to be a normal maintenance - yet the devs applied a patch without including this information in the same post.
    I still defend my suggestion - All patches and maintenance should be posted "24h" upfront so every player is informed in time.

Im a european player. Post about maintenance are posted 10-12 hours up front - that is to short - by that time I am already sleeping - followed by work afterwards - I want to be informed about maintenance and patches before I go to sleep. And post all information regarding maintenance and patching in 1 location to avoid confusion. Posting this information 24 hours prior to any patching should not be a problem.
    On 29 novembre 2016 a patch was applied to Chaos server - no mention of this in the post that announced regular maintenance.
    If a patch is applied to Chaos, there is no reason for me to assume said info is posted on forums of another server, since every server has its own forum.

We are talking about a game, not real life - there is no unfair when it comes to man made project, like games, if devs keep it balanced.
    Make all dragon claw formulas buyable - unfair for bipeds you say - simple - do the same for bipeds.
    We are talking about making the game more enjoyable, not tedious.
    I was level 10-11 when I moved to Kion for questing, after I did all the dragon quests + all town marshal quests.

My dragon is now drag 51 dcra 67 - I never heard about low level dungeons before making this post - maybe these dungeons/event could be emphasized a bit

Guild Vault - I want to see a building that is named Guild Vault - it must have tabs for all different item types in the game, a tab for armor, a tab for weapons, a tab for spells, ... and so on.
    That way we can organise our Guild Vault and keep neat. A silo is not a guild vault
    Strive to make the game logical and practical

Why do Pale Hatchling have the same abilities as players ? They have Gold rage IV or V you say ? So, they also have a hoard, and do they have to keep their hoard filled ? Ofcourse they dont, they probably get to used said skill without any cost - sounds unfair to me - but wait, devs dont like unfairness - and I recently stated I do not believe in unfairness when it comes to games ... now I am confused

I will keep defending suggestions that make sense to me.

Thank u for your time
    Last edited by Dyoniccus; December 2nd, 2016 at 12:29 AM.

..I still defend my suggestion - All patches and maintenance should be posted "24h" upfront so every player is informed in time....
    A statistical anomale- in the 5 years i've been here, & the time i've been here since we got told about maintenace updates, they have only failed to inform us once- that is this time. And I too..and from the EU, generally I find it is posted more than 24hrs in advance.

...Make all dragon claw formulas buyable - unfair for bipeds you say - simple - do the same for bipeds.

...My dragon is now drag 51 dcra 67 - I never heard about low level dungeons before making this post - maybe these dungeons/event could be emphasized a bit...
    I'd rather not have 100% buyable formulas- no incentive to hunt for things which drop them currently, no incentive to trade for formulas, even harder for newbies to start the game with crafters finding it INCREDIBLY hard in my experience to buy all the formulas they need to, even keeping adventure up to date, and thats only with half of the formulas buyable + time spent hunting for forms producing extra loot to sell. (if you don't have a formula...ask for someone to make it. honestly, this is only a problem if you are an EU player on the order shard, there are no issues getting things crafted for any other player if you just ask)

More emphasis on quests is a fair point though.

Guild Vault - I want to see a building that is named Guild Vault - it must have tabs for all different item types in the game, a tab for armor, a tab for weapons, a tab for spells, ... and so on.
    That way we can organise our Guild Vault and keep neat. A silo is not a guild vault
    I'll name all of my guild storages, of which i have 4 currenlty built and 6+ more upcoming, guild vault...
    Organisation of guild storage is up to the guild - generally people organise property to certain functions (e.g. some GHs only house tech comps, and another GH for armour/spells/potions etc) and then further add pouches to organise them.
    More freedom that way, especially as buildings only have limited capacity. Guild houses can already store every item type in the game.
    For example, I intend to put pouches in my houses entitled "Drain Bolt" "Drulkar's Wrath" "Potions" "t2 tech comps" and so on and so forth, that already serves to organise...pouches look homogenous? List view sorts that out.

What you are asking for here really does already exist. xD

The last post regarding maintenance said it was going to be a normal maintenance - yet the devs applied a patch without including this information in the same post.
    I still defend my suggestion - All patches and maintenance should be posted "24h" upfront so every player is informed in time.

Im a european player. Post about maintenance are posted 10-12 hours up front - that is to short - by that time I am already sleeping - followed by work afterwards - I want to be informed about maintenance and patches before I go to sleep. And post all information regarding maintenance and patching in 1 location to avoid confusion. Posting this information 24 hours prior to any patching should not be a problem.
    On 29 novembre 2016 a patch was applied to Chaos server - no mention of this in the post that announced regular maintenance.
    If a patch is applied to Chaos, there is no reason for me to assume said info is posted on forums of another server, since every server has its own forum.
    I believe you have maintenance and patches confused.

Client updates can be sent you at any time without taking the servers down. By a "normal maintenance", Deforian meant that no Deltas* were going to be applied and there would be no extra downtime. The patch you noticed was likely a small update pushed out in between the uptimes of the server.

*A Delta is an update to the game's database itself and requires the servers to be taken down for an extended period of time for the new data to be added.

Looking into the internal notes, I cannot find any client that was released to either Blight or Live during the time frame you mentioned. There was, however, a Delta released to the Blight server mentioned here. If you selected "Patch to Blight" in your launcher, you would have downloaded all of the files that came with that Delta.

I apologise if you feel that the development team is hiding information from you or that we do not respect the playerbase; that is not intended whatsoever. We have no reason to hide any patch notes from you all and disrespecting you would just end in bad news for everyone. That would only detriment the development process as many of our fixes come from your reports and feedback.

Chaos eather in Elia or Harro unless I go to sleep while being lazy in NT ;p

What he was referring to with the 'patch' was the client update changing the chat window and I think launcher which came out at or around the same time as the downtime. All I know it wasn't out the night before as far as timing. I didn't find any notes on it or if anything was changed outside of the chat entry box.
    Solarrian Windwalker - Helian - 100/100/100/100 DGMC
    Drackhen Windwalker - Helian - 48 Adv - 41 Craft
    Timeraiire - Lunus - 35 Adv - 35 Craft
    Chaos Server - GL Casual Heroes

Maintenance is always on the same day at the same time. The only change is in the length of that maintenance period if they are applying a delta or not.

Monsters do obey some of the same limits as players... recycle times, pre and post delay times, hoard. However, every time a monster spawns it starts with a lot of hoard. Since you kill them, the next one around starts over again.

In EVERY game you ever play there will be some level of unfairness towards the player. There has to be in order for it to be any sort of challenge or fun. Its managing that level of unfairness that determines if the game cheats too badly or is too boring.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

It depends which server board I think is which.

On 29 novembre 2016 a patch was applied to Chaos server - no mention of this in the post that announced regular maintenance
    The devs already replied to this bit so I can't really say much but I'm always patched to Blight so I expect random patches... but if that patch we got went live as Solarrian said, I didn't really notice since I was patched to Blight as well and it was mentioned here, three days prior. I don't know if it was meant to go to live since there was no live client on it.

If there was a sneak patch to live, that would literally be the only patch I know if that was never mentioned prior other than hotfixes. You're making it sound like the devs are constantly putting out patches without warning... it was 1... accidents happen ^^;

Usually the warnings are about 24h in advance from what I can tell, but the maint is at like 9am for me so I can't look often. Plus it happens at the same time every week so frankly it's not that big of an issue if it's not a perfect 24h before. Add 7 days to last week's post and it works too.

I want to clarify that there are 2 servers that are Live and 1 server that is Testing.
    Live = Order and Chaos
    Testing = Blight

All of Blight's updates go in its own server board because only blight is affected. However, all patches that go to live (aka both Order and Chaos) go to the General section. Ex: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...lient-392-40-1

It'd be pretty much a waste of time to post the notes to both server boards (Chaos and Order) considering there is a General section that works for both. Sorry if that's not what you meant by that, but there's no reason why you would need to look at Blight for Chaos' patches unless you want to look sooner... and there is 0 difference between Chaos and Order when it comes to the game's client and content so that just goes in one bundle.

We are talking about a game, not real life - there is no unfair when it comes to man made project, like games, if devs keep it balanced.
    Make all dragon claw formulas buyable - unfair for bipeds you say - simple - do the same for bipeds.
    We are talking about making the game more enjoyable, not tedious.
    Yeah and going out and spending gold upon gold upon gold on formulas isn't tedious? Do you know how much money formulas cost at higher tiers? Do you know how long it takes to get all of that? I only gained my ~30g on my main character after they allowed the selling of hoard to Rhahool. I was stuck at 15g for the longest time after *6 years* of killing mobs, turning in trophies, and so on. That's after I bought one or two formulas. In earlier years, all formulas were dropped and some of those were also bought. Now it's dropped only and bought only. If I had to buy them all then, I'd barely have enough money for a lair as it costs today.

It has taken me far less time to get all of the dragon spell formulas *twice* than it has to gain the money to buy the bought-only versions. If you know where to hunt, you're going to get the formula easy. I have 2 Beginner Gem-Tipped Dragon Claw formulas in my lair just sitting around because they dropped for me while I was leveling other alts casually.

Basically I back Azath's opinion.

Edit: I was worried I might be exaggurating with how much money things cost and it seems I was:
    3g 512s 500c for all Expert formulas.
    Dragons already have it easy just looking at that. I was thinking about biped forms... buying all of the tool formulas along would set me back
    1g 980s 000c
    That's just tools. There's all the armor formulas, potion formulas, dye formulas, spell formulas...
    It costs a lot, basically.

I was level 10-11 when I moved to Kion for questing, after I did all the dragon quests + all town marshal quests.
    You'd be a higher level if you also took the other quests from Pratt - the story quests. I can't remember the names off of the top of my head, but I was including those story quests when I said lvl 13-15.

My dragon is now drag 51 dcra 67 - I never heard about low level dungeons before making this post - maybe these dungeons/event could be emphasized a bit
    Yes the quests are pretty hidden, I wish it was a little more obvious where they were. They start at the girl in Sable Shores with her broken cargo disk quest, then it goes onto the skulk threat, then plundered tombs. It feels pretty unrelated but I'm not sure how to show which quests lead to what. Not saying that shouldn't be done, just that I don't have any ideas on how it could be...

As Azath said, pouches help organise. You can name structures.

Also not every structure is a silo? Many structures have hundreds of stack space. I marched my golden butt over to my guild master's plot and there is 28,800 bulk and 240 stack space in their *legacy* T4 guild house. That's not just a silo, silos have 1 stack She doesn't have many organisational pouches though or else I'd screencap how organised things can be.

Why do Pale Hatchling have the same abilities as players ? They have Gold rage IV or V you say ? So, they also have a hoard, and do they have to keep their hoard filled ? Ofcourse they dont, they probably get to used said skill without any cost - sounds unfair to me - but wait, devs dont like unfairness - and I recently stated I do not believe in unfairness when it comes to games ... now I am confused
    Well as Amon mentioned, if they whack you long enough with it, they're going to run out of hoard, but they start at a pretty high amount. How many times do you run out of hoard when fighting a single enemy? :P

Amon already explained the concept, but games always have a bit of unfairness to them. AIs are smarter than humans in modern games - you would never beat a strategy game if an AI was unleashed with its full potential. Games literally fudge up the AI's thinking and put dampers on it so you can even beat it in the first place. Others have simple AI but give them extra resources so they always overpower you unless you think strategically.

Istaria is very fair compared to those games. Mobs have hoards they have to "watch", but they're usually dead by the time it'd run out anyway. Mobs use the same abilities as players a lot of the time, meaning they don't have some OP ability that does f-tons of damage just to make the game virtually 'harder'. A lot of mob abilities are just player abilities with different effects or different damage types, but overall, they're pretty similar. The only real big cheaty ones are the Epic Bosses but they're... well... bosses. So. xD Gotta make them hard somehow.

I will keep defending suggestions that make sense to me.
    No one told you to stop. We're just arguing against what makes sense to you to see if you can understand our way of thinking and why we think X or Y is unnecessary. We have opinions and we will voice them too Forums are a place for discussion.
    Last edited by Racktor; December 2nd, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

Thread Information