Thread: Change Maintenance starting time

Default Change Maintenance starting time

Greetings,

Logical and practical ...

Instead of starting maintenance at 8am EST (2pm GMT) - which might seem convenient for US players, but not so much for EU players

I suggest maintenance to start at or around 4am EST (10am GMT) - as to minimize downtime for both US and EU players

Thank u for your time,
    Yggdrrassil

Default Re: Change Maintenance starting time

Quote Originally Posted by Dyoniccus View Post
    Greetings,

Logical and practical ...

Instead of starting maintenance at 8am EST (2pm GMT) - which might seem convenient for US players, but not so much for EU players

I suggest maintenance to start at or around 4am EST (10am GMT) - as to minimize downtime for both US and EU players

Thank u for your time,
    Yggdrrassil
    As an EU player with a 9-5 job+a couple of hours of daily commute maintenance couldn't be of a more opportune time, by the time I get home the server is usually back up. The only exception to this is deltas, which tbh, I expect to take some time so I really don't mind too much, as I'm sure others do too.

Also, I get the feeling that unlike most MMOs, maintenance in istaria isn't as automated as (I'm guessing) you're thinking it is, and the 8am is what is more beneficial to the server admin (Deforian if I'm not mistaken) than 4am.

I dunno if I want to deal with a cranky server admin. :P

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    by the time I get home the server is usually back up.
    As another EU player...I also say the same thing

By the time i'm home from college maintenance is done, infact- the only EU people it's inconvenient for would be those who work nights..but...what, 1-4pm? (normal maintenance times at their worst) to 7pm at the very worst of work schedules of free time? nvm time before 1pm & after midnight xD

*im in the UK so those times are for me, but just +1 or +2 for more east than me, times aint that much different.
    **i'm also NEVER home when maintenance starts so im just remembering the start times from the few tuesdays i have off, buuut i know it's within 1 hour of 1pm for me.

That said, an early maintenance would still work better. But i also have no idea how maintenance is kicked into gear, so I wouldn't know if 4am is convenient for the US server manager(s). I'm still...perfectly fine with the current times though...or that is to say i'm concerned about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    Also, I get the feeling that unlike most MMOs, maintenance in istaria isn't as automated as (I'm guessing) you're thinking it is, and the 8am is what is more beneficial to the server admin (Deforian if I'm not mistaken) than 4am.
    Last edited by Azath; December 13th, 2016 at 02:46 PM.

Maintenance has only ever been a minor inconvenience, servers tend to be down for only a few hours unless a delta is being applied and then more downtime is expected. I'm not sure about where the majority of the devs are located but it would make sense that the ones who do the maintenance would choose a time that's convenient for them- I wouldn't expect someone to wake up in the middle of the night to perform maintenance just to make the server downtime convenient to me.

Plus there's always Blight to play on during maintenance for Order and Chaos... gives you a chance to potentially test out new things or try out new builds without consequence since you can just keep copying characters from the live shards to Blight and deleting them if you don't like where things have gone with them.
    Last edited by Machaeon; December 13th, 2016 at 03:49 PM.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Seeing as how the servers are in Arizona, I don't think they'd want to make a habit of doing the maintenance at 2 AM their time...
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information