Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad to see you leave

Unhappy Sad to see you leave

Dunno where to go with this since the other thread where i red it was closed. HeartOfStone and Korchak leave? Sad to hear. I've been playing Ista for a while now and ive seen some of the game changes that might be making you leave. I don't really like all of em myself since i love ista for its harder gameplay and i still hope for a boost in some mobs or even a eastern continent in the future. Yet i keep playing since i have a deep love for the game even when i don't like some changes. Might help to suggest some changes to the devs? Its an MMO after all. New players who concider it too hard can ask for help anytie or lvl up further to do it allone.

As for the plot in Bristugo... ill think about takimg it but im not sure.

Hope to see you 2 stay since ive been playing alongside you sometimes .
    Good luck anyway.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Sad to see you leave

Out if curiosity, which changes dont you like? Whats making the game easier? At you, Pryzm, and the other two as well. Im just honestly curious; I dont want to start a debate or anything

I wonder myself.. must be a biped thing??
    On the other hand I just heard 2 friends complain (both GMC) that biped crafting is much too hard for a new player.
    ATM I am very confused, cause I don`t know what probs or changes made Istaria /easier/harder...
    An answer- without flaming but good reasoning would be appreciated.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    On the other hand I just heard 2 friends complain (both GMC) that biped crafting is much too hard for a new player.
    I just started new characters, on a new server, a few months ago after a long absence from the game so I can relate to the new player crafting experience. Biped crafting isn't necessarily too hard for a new player, but it's a really long grind and it can be confusing trying to figure out what to make in each school to level, especially since in some schools you get experience for making the base bars/bricks/etc. and some schools you don't. Plus, having to visit a trainer to swap schools, and having cargo armor drop off when you do change schools, makes for a lot of running around which makes it difficult to level efficiently without a bank of storage at your disposal (which new players most likely won't have).

But, these problems have been there since the beginning of the game and I seriously doubt that they will ever change. I don't think biped crafting is "hard" as a result of these items, but it is certainly tedious at times, especially when trying to level multiple schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Out if curiosity, which changes dont you like? Whats making the game easier? At you, Pryzm, and the other two as well. Im just honestly curious; I dont want to start a debate or anything
    Eh for example rift guards beeing lesser epics n stuff but that got removed anyway XD Atm i get along just fine

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

But if you make the game to easy/simple might as well just play EQ or WoW or whatever the flavor of the month game is. Honestly I havent played either of the ones I mentioned lol.

Istaria is hard? yes. Istaria would be almost impossible to get started without a great community to answer questions/guide you in right direction? yes. Istaria makes you think and explore and learn new things all the time? yes. Istaria is complex without overwhelming you with numbers and stats aka DDO? yes. Istaria is differant then most games? Thank gawd yes. Istaria is fun (to me at least) cause of these things and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    I just started new characters, on a new server, a few months ago after a long absence from the game so I can relate to the new player crafting experience. Biped crafting isn't necessarily too hard for a new player, but it's a really long grind and it can be confusing trying to figure out what to make in each school to level, especially since in some schools you get experience for making the base bars/bricks/etc. and some schools you don't. Plus, having to visit a trainer to swap schools, and having cargo armor drop off when you do change schools, makes for a lot of running around which makes it difficult to level efficiently without a bank of storage at your disposal (which new players most likely won't have).

But, these problems have been there since the beginning of the game and I seriously doubt that they will ever change. I don't think biped crafting is "hard" as a result of these items, but it is certainly tedious at times, especially when trying to level multiple schools.

I'm my self a new biped crafter.

And one thing craftring it self is not that difficult. when it comes to effective levelling its a compleately different story, This requires a lot of thinking a lot of information is also needed. and then still a lot of things are crossing each other which are difficult to forsee what will be happening.

Let take by example when to cross over to the next level material let say from bronze to iron. at the time you can make the shift you can mine about 1-10 bronze ore per hit. and if you switch over when you can you will be ad least 5 level on 1 iron ore per hit. next to that you r smelting goes from 2 to 1 to 4 to 1. So by now I figured out that I should stay very long on the low material before switching over. I think that even know this the last time I switched over to early. I think I should have stayed with steel till I could make cobalt pike axes with 50 to spare. compleately counter intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    But if you make the game to easy/simple might as well just play EQ or WoW or whatever the flavor of the month game is. Honestly I havent played either of the ones I mentioned lol.

Istaria is hard? yes. Istaria would be almost impossible to get started without a great community to answer questions/guide you in right direction? yes. Istaria makes you think and explore and learn new things all the time? yes. Istaria is complex without overwhelming you with numbers and stats aka DDO? yes. Istaria is differant then most games? Thank gawd yes. Istaria is fun (to me at least) cause of these things and more.
    I am not asking for Istaria to be made easier. I love the game. I've played it off and on since beta, and I keep coming back to it time and again. It's a wonderful, unique game, and I love it. But "less tedious" does not mean "easier".

Yes some things can be tedious, lvling in general is tedious in most all games. If have too quick and easy though can lose its charm along the way. One example you mentioned having to go find a trainer to swap schools. I read recently where one of the devs said was thinking about putting trainers for all schools in all the major towns. If done a few towns will probably be the goto towns for most people and may not ever visit other towns at all.

Not saying your wrong, just have to be careful what you wish for sometimes
    Last edited by Smaug; December 20th, 2016 at 12:11 PM.

Here's what I found in my GMC days. don't make cargo armors, use cloth (they are based on your ADV armor use, and not craft)and they won't be removed. cargo armors aren't all they're cracked up to be. you don't gain that much carry space from a full set. waste of a lot of materials and time to make, just to be told you can't use them upon switching classes.

In my opinion, the cargo gear (as bad as they are in requirements) should be greatly increased in capacity for using them. otherwise it's a waste of time. gears, hinges, springs and so on... for the ability to carry a few extra bars? (Pfft)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Plus, having to visit a trainer to swap schools, and having cargo armor drop off when you do change schools, makes for a lot of running around which makes it difficult to level efficiently without a bank of storage at your disposal (which new players most likely won't have).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I wonder myself.. must be a biped thing??
    ATM I am very confused, cause I don`t know what probs or changes made Istaria /easier/harder...
    An answer- without flaming but good reasoning would be appreciated.
    I've posted my $0.02 cents worth on the blog they provide here. I'd link it, but I've heard that's considered spam, so you can click under my name on the left to get to them.
    Bherel Auphun (Chaos - main)
    Roasted Sumatra (Chaos)

Sassi Quickwing (Blight)
    [Beryl, house of the Kindred Spirits, Dawn Server, R.I.P.]

Thy Beryl-read it. Very well written.
    And very interesting to read.
    Though I always try to care for and understand the needs and probs
    of new/returning players- I learned about some other things- I had forgotten.
    If see me ingame- pls contact me.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    Here's what I found in my GMC days. don't make cargo armors, use cloth (they are based on your ADV armor use, and not craft)and they won't be removed. cargo armors aren't all they're cracked up to be. you don't gain that much carry space from a full set. waste of a lot of materials and time to make, just to be told you can't use them upon switching classes.

In my opinion, the cargo gear (as bad as they are in requirements) should be greatly increased in capacity for using them. otherwise it's a waste of time. gears, hinges, springs and so on... for the ability to carry a few extra bars? (Pfft)
    +1

I didn't make a single piece of cargo gear until I was GMC. And then, it was only to make a few new pieces and make use of the t5 blessing techs on old pieces that only had the t3 blessings, and this was years after getting GMC.

T5 cloth or padded cloth (if you got the armor rating), triple teched with t5 crafting techs, is far and away the best way to level biped craft.

For the player wondering when to switch tiers, general rule is get at least 5 levels into the new tier before switching. But if you already have a high gathering/processing skill from a prior school, or can process materials gathered by an alt, you can switch sooner.

For what to craft, always make an item with an even number of resources required at optimal.

For what item, you need to try several items after each ding, to determine what is giving you the highest exp/resource: Make 1 item you are optimal on and decon it. Take (exp from crafting step + exp from decon step) and divide it by (bars used to craft - bars returned in decon) = exp/bar. You want to craft the item which gives the highest number from this formula. When not optimal, this will be low. Always only craft something you are at optimal on, but you can do the calculation above on something you are nearly optimal on, compare.

I really do wish Korchak would at least post specifically what changes he was referring to... my guess is the change to primary skill for the construction schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    +1

I didn't make a single piece of cargo gear until I was GMC. And then, it was only to make a few new pieces and make use of the t5 blessing techs on old pieces that only had the t3 blessings, and this was years after getting GMC.

T5 cloth or padded cloth (if you got the armor rating), triple teched with t5 crafting techs, is far and away the best way to level biped craft.
    Why does nobody tell me these things LOL

I have wasted so much time scavenging around for cargo armor, or leveling Tinker so I could make some every time I get to a new tier...

The form tells you wich school can wear them and on wich lvl. Cloth and padded i think can be worn by everyone.

WOW a thread dedicated to Heart and I? I feel so awww Pryzm. ;-) I love this game. The adventure is fun, but the crafting in this game is what has kept me here by ten fold. The developers who came up with the system I believe ATARI were ahead of their time. 19 Crafting schools...wow unprecedented. You look at some of the crafting systems in other mmo's today and it's just sad.

Over the years, more in the past there have been subtle changes that would eat at me for example the cobalt bar, it used to take two resources to make, yes it wasn't easy. People complained and it got changed.

T6 construction was never even possible to obtain optimum, you would gear up, buff up, use surges and yet you could only get to 3:1 best, but that was ok because if you wanted a T6 silo or an Expert shop you had to reach for it to gain the benefit of one. People complained that we should be able to be opt on something in the game and it got changed. Now I can do 2:1 without a shop pffft.

I guess is what I'm trying to say is to the developers, as I do feel dialog is healthy, don't think for one second that a few forum warriors are what the world agrees upon. I do like how involved this small game is with it's community or at least tries to be but, I see so many changes in this game that I really don't think has been thought about long enough or hard enough with enough feed back on how it may help or hurt the game.

Yes the construction schools gaining xp only for application of the resource was a very bad decision, I don't care how much xp was increased to make up for it. I'm a fitter and I'm making Joints and I get no xp for the bars or for the Joints at least? That's absurd. I keep hearing people say but lair-shaping is...STOP. I don't care what Lair-shaping is. You have 1 school to build your house I have 19 it's different.

I also realize that I am but one player on a shard of players and my solo opinion doesn't really matter and I accept that. I don't need to be consoled, I don't expect the game to revert and I'm almost certain more things will change.

As for me leaving, I'm not sure yet, after all even with the things I disagree with, I just love this game so much. How could I hate it? It even got me a wife, not officially yet, but this month HeartOfStone and I are to wed. I think she wants to end her sub, so I'll drop 2 and be down to 2 and then decide if I want to hang on or not.

I would like to close with please oh please don't take all of this as a negative toward the developers. Just try to be more conscientious in the decision making in the future. A poll "IN GAME" that you can vote on during log in or something if you want feed back. Don't depend on the forum warriors to do your bidding. It's unfair to the community. And thank you for all the good changes that you have done with this game as well, you really have made some huge improvements and they have not gone unnoticed. The festivals, dragon colors, movement crystals, new tier quests, tons of content. Great job!
    -Kor

Thanks, Pryzm Its always been a joy to be at your side during the raids and epic battles

I don't exactly want to go. Honestly. I'll admit, when I posted my last time, I was indeed very upset, with a lot of things about the game, and some things I wouldn't even want to mention in a forum unless it were to a Dev. only.

I'm not the type to rat or tattle by any means but some things have taken place that have discouraged me just a bit and I have had many thoughts about dropping my subs, yes. This idea still, for me, is being considered.

But I will heavily say, that if I did go, it would defiantly change a lot for me, I would miss many as I have managed to make a lot of virtual family while being in Istaria, and everyone even not in that close category means a great deal to me.

Initially I have learned a bit of a lesson just for myself, and that's not to be really really mad and post on the forums. All in all, I do apologize for what I had written out of more anger than intended. I think I just, unfortunately let it all build up too much after several weeks and I could have went a different way about it.

Like I said, me leaving is still up for debate, Kor and I have been discussing a lot of things.

I have 2 plot subs, and as of several weeks ago, no longer, do I own plots due to harassment from a random player about moving my location. I used to love building up, and LOL, breaking things down (same day) and doing it all over again..... I have lost that internal interest of plot building, like someone "shot or stole my rooster and all my hens flew the coop" on wanting to indulge in plot work. The same goes for cooking. I stopped doing daily-weekly checks and restocking weeks ago on every connie available, due to finding out someone was stealing all my food and reselling it for themselves.

I'm still trying to figure out where that dang rooster got to though.

I don't know if I'll stay or if I will go, who knows. I don't even know at the current moment.

"Yes the construction schools gaining xp only for application of the resource was a very bad decision, I don't care how much xp was increased to make up for it. I'm a fitter and I'm making Joints and I get no xp for the bars or for the Joints at least?"

Just to point out on exp, you do get exp for making the joints and for applying, only exp your not getting now is for making the bars, unless that was a typo and you do realize you get exp for making the joints/sheets/braces/timbers/sources/spheres/etc.

Hope both of you decide to stay, the community wouldn't be the same without ya.

Honestly, I gave a lot of thought about I agree too that gaining xp for application of the resource might not been the best of decisions. There should be at least some exp for all stages of making the product. I also hope you both stay, I may had some differences on opinion but you both are valuable players to the community. I just hope this year is a better year for us all.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; January 6th, 2017 at 05:05 AM.

Even though this is a post about HeartOfStone and Korchak possibly leaving Istaria, I feel it was placed in the proper section.
    In the short time since I transferred to Chaos I have not met HeartOfStone but I have encountered Korchak a few times. Seems like a cool guy And both will be missed by many.
    I think Korchak's post here sums it up. The Devs may not have done much soul-seeking in the matter of the construction schools decision.
    I do think that some of the changes in this game are suggested by a handful of players who just want change or want to see the reaction of players when their suggestion is implemented. This change with the construction schools has caused many discussions ingame and also here on the Forum.
    After all these years with Horizions/Istaria running, was it really necessary to make this crucial change to the construction schools for Istaria to survive?
    Is it the intent(of somebody) to have the "Leaving Istaria" section get more posts than other sections?
    HeartOfStone and Korchak I fully understand your decisions whatever they may be. I wish you both well.

Cheers

Thread Information