Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sad to see you leave

Default Re: Sad to see you leave

While Racktor was there gathering/making orbs to lvl kerrsol's enchanter school, I too was at the same place on an alt, leveling 2 schools. using the essence shaping on my alt, to make orbs using alchemist. after which, I changed schools to lvl enchanter with the orbs I made in alchemy. Essentially leveling 2 schools at the same time. Later the left over orbs were used to finish alchemy by making suspensions. but all due to the fact, I already had scholar to 100, and gatherer to 75+ and used gear to get 2:1 shining orbs. Still this does not work out efficiently for new players just coming into the game

Gauran: you talk about new players coming into the game, lvl blacksmith to 100 and then act like they are level 100 warriors that can wear T5 cloth gear triple teched. doesn't make sense how you worded it. they wouldn't be so new, if they already had a lvl 100 adv that can wear T5 triple teched cloth. Though it would be beneficial to them to do so. As long as someone can make their armor for them to lvl adv in the first place

--EDITED TO REMOVE PERSONAL ATTACK--

One school that has a major issue, is enchanter. as you do NOT get final exp atm for it's Primary school. Though before you argue the point.. remember, enchanters primary is actually enchanting, not essence structuring. You actually get no exp from doing the actual enchanting. Which Amon agreed to look into, and possibly see about making an exception for. Not sure of the outcome yet, or if it has even been brought up internally as of late
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; March 8th, 2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: removed personal attack

First, let me make clear that personal attacks are against the forum rules. Just because someone isn't actively playing the game or working for Virtrium does not mean they are fair game. You can review the rules here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...62-Forum-Rules

One school that has a major issue, is enchanter. as you do NOT get final exp atm for it's Primary school. Though before you argue the point.. remember, enchanters primary is actually enchanting, not essence structuring. You actually get no exp from doing the actual enchanting. Which Amon agreed to look into, and possibly see about making an exception for. Not sure of the outcome yet, or if it has even been brought up internally as of late

From the Delta 294 notes on blight:
    Alchemists now get 8 Enchanting per level
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

apologies, it was not meant as a personal attack, just as a validation point. and Thank you for the update

I was talking to player that had just finished his first lvl 100 adv school. I recommended he take a craft to 100, so that in leveling all his successive adv schools, he could wear t5 padded ironsilk (as long as he has the armor use, we talked about that too), triple t5 teched, as well as wear mithril jewelry (also t5 triple teched) which will greatly aid in their leveling. Some of the conversation was in group chat, and later part was in Market, so maybe that's why it seemed confusing or incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

From the Delta 294 notes on blight:
    Alchemists now get 8 Enchanting per level

That's good for sure.

What about Enchanters getting EXP for both Essence Structuring as well as Enchanting? Since both are really "Primary Skills".. You use Enchanting to make Banners for example. Not logged in at the moment to see if that skill is used to make any intermediate products for the construction materials, but I don't think it is.. But this school sits on the fence of two skills which do very different things, so it likely warrants a slight exception to the "single skill that can get exp" rule.
    Last edited by Guaran; March 9th, 2017 at 02:44 AM.

What about Enchanters getting EXP for both Essence Structuring as well as Enchanting? Since both are really "Primary Skills".. You use Enchanting to make Banners for example. Not logged in at the moment to see if that skill is used to make any intermediate products for the construction materials, but I don't think it is.. But this school sits on the fence of two skills which do very different things, so it likely warrants a slight exception to the "single skill that can get exp" rule.

You are correct that it does seem odd that Enchanter does not get XP from Enchanting. However, the very fact that the school does make a single finished product using the Enchanting skill is big reason why it isn't set as a primary skill and the school does not gain XP from it. That is why we added it to Alchemist so that you could gain XP from cleansing blighted resources or from orbs in that school instead.

So, will we be changing it? No, sorry, no plans to do so. If you want to level Enchanter, do plot work. If you want to raise your Enchanting skill, level Alchemist.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I believe that a word from a new comer to the game is in place here.

I started with the game in the last week of November and have been prying quite intensely. So I had all the double exp for most of it.
    So I’m at the moment about BLK 100, JEW 100. OUT 100, ALC 75, ARM 100, CNF 20, FLE 100, SPL 75 TLR 100, TNK 75, WPN 100, SCH 30, GTH 95, MIN 94, carp 75, ENC 97, FIT 75 MSN 100 and WVR 58.
    Against that I have only war ad 9 and I do have a plot.

Till so far I found levelling enchanter the most difficult as I had to steal T3 and T5 resources from under the monsters. The others I had a bid problem with and that was because of distance that were bright essences, obsidian and kenaf, granite and steel for these traveling distances are quite big, or the close deposits quite easily exhausted. (I’m playing on order)

Also switching over when starting to mine a higher resource can be quite boring (hacking away ad one ad the time.)

Also a plot is not enough to raise the levels for weaver and enchanter unless you take T6 resources which are hidden behind a catch 22 into account. And I doubt that will be enough, but I haven’t level weaver up and enchanter was mostly done in double exp, begin the worst class to level.

As experience I had quite a bid of fun trying to figure out how to raise levels effectively. In the end it is get boring because you are levelling slow and have nothing to do but grind, (and an other class and an other class to get up.) Although I think making it quicker would not help, unless it’s made much quicker. It is the end of the grinding were you just don’t see the end. However I don’t mind a bid of grinding the end of it will to more satisfactory. I’m a creator\teacher in soul, not a warrior.

That said I would like that titles were separately from skills. As tilted of Grand Master Crafter is much work then Emblem of the Gifted but you would use the emblem of the gifted because it gives and advantage.

what keeps me playing is the people, not the game.

Ahh, so they can be alchemist only, and craft the banners. Makes more sense now.

Does Enchanter still get Enchanting per level also? Like 10 per level?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Ahh, so they can be alchemist only, and craft the banners. Makes more sense now.

Does Enchanter still get Enchanting per level also? Like 10 per level?
    Yes, Enchanter hasn't been touched skill wise.
    Alchemist was mostly given a lower level of enchanting per level to make sure they can create some of their potions that require purified orbs without having to level a builder school necessarily
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

"As tilted of Grand Master Crafter is much work then Emblem of the Gifted but you would use the emblem of the gifted because it gives and advantage."

It has repeatedly been asked over the years for some decent reward other then just another title after all the work takes to become GMC but alas nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    It has repeatedly been asked over the years for some decent reward other then just another title after all the work takes to become GMC but alas nada.
    It is on the list of things to look at, just not high priority currently.
    Last edited by Liseth; March 11th, 2017 at 06:39 AM.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    "As tilted of Grand Master Crafter is much work then Emblem of the Gifted but you would use the emblem of the gifted because it gives and advantage."

Well, the Gifted title only gives 8 strength, 8 power... Not a big deal or something that makes it worth using over Grand Master Crafter or Builder, which shows accomplishment.

GMC title doesn't really need any buffs.. by the time you get there, your character already has all the skills.. +50 Spellcraft? Who cares? Doesn't get you anything you don't already have.

If it's given a boost, make it useful:
    Grand Master Builder +250 Capacity
    Grand Master Crafter +500 Capacity

I could get behind something like that. Do something similar for the Dragon equivalent.
    Master Lairshaper +250 Capacity
    Grand Master Dragon Crafter +500 Capacity

Now they have a real use. Also might give some players something to work towards. That's always a good thing.

enchanter should still get exp for orbs, its very difficult to level enchanting and not get exp for orbs and a pain to change from one school to another after each load, if you do not have a plot to store the orbs. I wouldn't want to be a new player in todays crafting rules they are very unfair. Lillyjo, chao's server.

I really like Guarans idea of bulk bumps for the master crafter and builder titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    I really like Guarans idea of bulk bumps for the master crafter and builder titles.

I heartily support this idea as well.

Knossos

I wish the titles or stars gave a little bump of something. Say "Weaving Expert" gave a bump of say +10 to weaving. Something for any of the titles. I don't ever use them or care if I get them because they do nothing. A +10 or +20 would make it worth my while to have them showing so If I forgot my earing of weaving I would not have to stop and go get it. Any boosts to these "Titles" would be appreciated. Thanks. Slimey on Order

Thread Information