Quote Originally Posted by Lillyjo View Post
I am talking about new players who are confused and don't get experience like they did before [...] so how do you expect to build a new base when they hit a stone wall like this.
As several above have already mentioned... there are newer players (or at least those inexperienced in the area of bipeds) that were previously confused or annoyed that the best way to level the building schools wasn't building. Now it is. It's hardly a stone wall... just build on anyone's plot, build a world machine, or just mass-produce/sell your way through a tier that happens to have no work for you.

As someone who has a GMC, this change does not affect me at all (just as it doesn't affect you), though I'm honestly a bit jealous that it didn't based on the evidence. I could have gotten the building schools leveled faster. Think of it this way: the amount of experience that you got from processing materials in the building schools was added to applying and producing the actual resources so the experience was removed from using processing skills.