Thread: Blight Delta 293

Default Blight Delta 293

The following fixes will be applied to the Blight shard today, December 19, 2016.

• Istaria has been plunged into a quick and cold winter! All across the land, green land has been blanketed in a cold sheet of snow.
    • Mysterious present-shaped mimics have been spotted popping up everywhere in the world, from the Lesser Aradoth to Harro and the edge of the Eastern Deadlands. Some intuitive Gifted have even managed to take them in as pets.
    • Superior Antidote now requires a rating of at least 100 to use (instead of level 114).
    • Updated the Gem Golem spawns west/northwest of the Tower of Healing Canyons.
    • Primal Alacrity, Primal Health, Gift of Velocity, and Primal Restoration now can be used while costumed.
    • You must now properly complete The Hidden Dragon: Recovering Knowledge to be able to pick up The Hidden Dragon: Primal Restoration.
    • Lethal Poison is now even more lethal.
    • Son of Gigaroth’s Entangled debuff now gives a Deadly Poison instead of a Lethal.
    • Gerix now sells a Sandstone Strength Wing Scale.
    • Sheep and cows now have properly capitalized names.
    • Ancient Barasavian Charm now refers to Magic Defense instead of MagDefense.
    • Aura of the Forgotten now allows you to correctly loot the Faded Souls for their Recovered Memories.
    • The quest “Memories of the Forgotten (Part 2)” now correctly asks for 12 memories in the quest step instead of 16.
    • Rift Spirit Form now properly allows you to damage mobs in the Rift.
    • Rift Spirit Form no longer turns you into a sparkly ghost. Instead, you are now a ghostly version of your own character’s design!
    • Fixed quest “Farmer Idamon's Chicken Troubles” so that the egg step says “Loot” instead of “Collect”
    • “Avenge the Fallen” and “Remnants of the Artifact” and “Pacifying the Angry” quests from the Tower of Healing now all give XP and Coin upon completion and have had various fixes and tweaks.
    • Quest “The NRRI needs your help!” is now “The NRDF needs your help!”
    • Amulet of Scorpus now properly has 5% chance to trigger the buff Moderate Poison Immunity
    • Updated the description and effect of the Pulsing Artifact Fragment tech kit.
    • Amulet of Istara tech kit now applies a name modification to the item it is installed into, has a correct description, and applies to the proper statistics/skills.
    • Seal of the Clerical Order tech kit is now fixed and given out as part of the “Avenge the Fallen (Part 2)” quest.
    • Sshranu has researched his recently discovered potion formula more, and has made a new prototype that he has mailed to all apprentices who have helped him before. (Polymorph Splash Potions have been added, and been given to players who have completed the quest)
    • Druid’s Growth will, temporarily, only give Lesser Growth until the issues can be resolved.
    • Quest “Trials of the Gifted: Test of Knowledge” no longer refers to Jarl and has an updated timeline.
    • Lethal Poison now lasts only 5 minutes and does no recurring damage, but after nearly 5 minutes will kill you if not cured.
    • Guild: Amon now has an outgoing portal.
    • Corrected the terrain near one of the Guild: Amon plots so that the plot boundaries are no longer on the cliffside.
    • Blighted Brambles no longer gives a Lethal Poison, but does damage over time directly.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Delta 293

I`m gonna test some of the new features . The gifts and the rift form are interesting.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Ummm I did not see any snow.. "No mods installed other than Nap-Pack"

The present mimics are nice.. Love the "Red" one's.. shouldn't they drop T-6 and not T-5 though?
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarius Shadows View Post
    Ummm I did not see any snow.. "No mods installed other than Nap-Pack"

The present mimics are nice.. Love the "Red" one's.. shouldn't they drop T-6 and not T-5 though?
    Snow won't be activated untill the 20th, we're using a new override system.
    They were initially set up to drop T6 trash, not sure on why it was changed.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

If they are comparable to Red Ornaments (from t5 mobs) and Red Presents bought with Red ornaments, that was always t5 in the past.

Keep in mind I have no idea yet what is dropped by any of these...

Prior Gnomekindles and the current all-year quests in New Koraleia - Winter:
    Blue - tier 1
    Green - Tier 2
    Orange - Tier 3
    Purple - Tier 4
    Red - Tier 5

There hasn't ever been ornament drops from anything t6.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    If they are comparable to Red Ornaments (from t5 mobs) and Red Presents bought with Red ornaments, that was always t5 in the past.

Keep in mind I have no idea yet what is dropped by any of these...

Prior Gnomekindles and the current all-year quests in New Koraleia - Winter:
    Blue - tier 1
    Green - Tier 2
    Orange - Tier 3
    Purple - Tier 4
    Red - Tier 5

There hasn't ever been ornament drops from anything t6.
    They do in fact drop T5 ornaments (red), however, they were made somewhat harder than their other counterparts (not following the same level and having a few different abilities, as well as far more health) for reasons I will not go into yet, to counter this they were originally given T6 junk loot as well, however this was changed a day before the delta was captured.

The "Red" mimics have 25K+ health and some different attacks than the lower tier one's..

*btw is the 2x Exp in effect?
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarius Shadows View Post
    The "Red" mimics have 25K+ health and some different attacks than the lower tier one's..

*btw is the 2x Exp in effect?
    This is correct, due to them occupying T5 as well as T6 areas they were given a bit of extra love, only their health received major increases, all other stats are (or should be) average.

Double xp will come into effect after tomorrow's maintenance.

What do these 25k behemoth's drop?

What do these 25k behemoth's drop?
    it's a secret for now but all variants of the presents drop it, it's just that the red version could be considered the best.
    the item you will be able to get is kind of limited to the event, however, different variants will be available after the event still, though they will be slightly different.

Some feedback after testing on blight

Since the red presents take so much longer to kill, they should be dropping 10 ornaments each. Long fight for 3 red is a bit of a let down.

No presents were to be found on Saritova island. Not sure why it got missed, but I doubt it is because there are plots there. Seen presents spawning right on plots in bristugo. So that's not it.

A lot of presents spawn on sides of mountains. not a big deal in itself but since they are spellcasters, you gotta run away to get them down where a melee can reach them. Not a deal breaker.
    Last edited by Guaran; December 20th, 2016 at 12:19 AM.

Since the red presents take so much longer to kill, they should be dropping 10 ornaments each. Long fight for 3 red is a bit of a let down.
    Noted, sadly I'm not sure whether a change to their loot table can still be added before tomorrow's patch, they should be dropping 3-5 across the board though, if you've only gotten 3 from all I will take a look and see if their max ornaments isn't properly documented.

No presents were to be found on Saritova island. Not sure why it got missed, but I doubt it is because there are plots there. Seen presents spawning right on plots in bristugo. So that's not it.
    Saritova, The Three Sisters and Shepard's Mountain were not given spawns for that exact reason. Saritova was the odd case as it's a mix betweeen an actual content region and guild region, but due to how the regions that were used to spawn the mimics are set up, we cannot have the mimics only spawn on the non-guild region.

A lot of presents spawn on sides of mountains. not a big deal in itself but since they are spellcasters, you gotta run away to get them down where a melee can reach them. Not a deal breaker.
    This is also related to the region use I mentioned in the previous point. This event, while prepared early, was only able to be finished about a month before the actual event launch, so we had to take some shortcuts, one of them being that we are using the regions that make the name of an area pop up on your screen as spawn regions, rather than completely new regions that would have to be set up, these are usually very large (Trandalar is one giant region for example), and cover the whole area rather just an area between mountains or trees.

This has a number of side-effects, including mountain spawns, spawns inside of trees and buildings, and spawning inside of the ocean for some (the are between Scorpion Isle's "claws" comes to mind), for most areas the latter is very minimal. And sadly there is not much we can do about it currently.

Cannot fight in rift, all abilities say not enough hoard. Even autoattack did nothing (or I had something stuck in combat queue).
    This was in rift spirit form after using my run of teleportation.

The rare find prevents flight. Big downer there. It would look appropriate following behind a dragon, just give it a sleigh to sit in, would be amazing. Maybe make a second version of that for each tier.

Cannot fight in rift, all abilities say not enough hoard. Even autoattack did nothing (or I had something stuck in combat queue).
    This was in rift spirit form after using my run of teleportation.
    This is a known issue and it's being looked into, but the one who can fix this is rather ill right now, unfortunately. Thankfully it should only be a client update and will be patched out as soon as it's fixed, I imagine.

Also an important note related to the Rift - the issue where the Rift Spirit Form disappears on death has been fixed! It should be hotfixed to Blight in the coming hours.

The rare find prevents flight. Big downer there. It would look appropriate following behind a dragon, just give it a sleigh to sit in, would be amazing. Maybe make a second version of that for each tier.
    Adding a sleigh would be a big load of work to an already finicky model, unfortunately, but I'm conversing with the other event developers to see what can be done. No promises as it'd likely require new animations on a rig that's already a bit odd to begin with.

Out of curiosity, though, how many did you kill before you got the "surprise inside"? The drop chance is very low and I'm honestly impressed you got one on day one, haha.

Thank you all for checking this out and testing it
    Last edited by Sarsilas; December 20th, 2016 at 02:17 AM.

LOTS. Yeah, this will be rare item for sure.

Score one for us then

Thread Information