Thread: Construction schools suggestion

Default Construction schools suggestion

I already have all of the construction schools at 100 so the new change doesn't effect me, but I can see how this change could be annoying to some people. Especially people that don't own a plot to work on. So after thinking about it for a while, I had the following idea: Have the trainers for the various construction schools give out level appropriate quests to make a bunch of construction materials "for the empire" and have some coin/xp as a quest reward. That way people without plots can still level the construction schools and make some money while doing it.
    I just lost the game.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Construction schools suggestion

This is a beautifully elegant idea. I sincerely hope they strongly consider it.
    Bherel Auphun (Chaos - main)
    Roasted Sumatra (Chaos)

Sassi Quickwing (Blight)
    [Beryl, house of the Kindred Spirits, Dawn Server, R.I.P.]

I second the motion

I agree with this. With the changes, it's a lot harder to level these schools now. Especially since you can not use the other skills the schools use, such as Fitters gaining Metalworking while leveling, for exp gains. Either have these bonus quests, or have more plot work around for the empire with huge requirements so they don't finish to quickly.

FYI on chaos, there are a lot of machines out in the field that need built. I think every time a tier is revamped, the machines get demolished..

2 shops near south side of deserts edge, right near the new golem spawn.
    several gem shacks sw of kirasanct
    others. go build for the empire, get exp

But what do new people do once those buildings are finished?
    I just lost the game.

Buy a plot and build some buildings
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The problem is, new players have no money to buy a plot. And the old method of doing construction on people's plots to earn money isn't available now since most existing plots are already built

If you are talking in-game money to buy a plot, most Guilds will help with that if you ask. I know ours does, in game coin should not be an issue. Plus most Guilds have plots new players can build on, even if they are just temp buildings for the player to get XP and that get deconed afterwards. Just need a space to plan in what the person needs to work on for their level.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

All of the above posts with alternate ways to lvl are valid but I still back Jerk-o's suggestion 100%. What would it hurt to have another way to gain craft building exp?

According to IstariaReference's community Building Tracker there is left to be built on Chaos:
    These may or may not be partially built already.

T1 - 0
    T2 - 6
    T3 - 6
    T4 - 6
    T5 - 1
    T6 - 4

This is not a valid answer, as not everyone wants to own one to start with. nor should they feel as they are being forced to. Unless you actually play the game, you can't fully understand the impact some of these decisions have on a player base

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Buy a plot and build some buildings

I fully understand the impact the decision had. I also see the goal of the change which others may not.

Repeatable quests that let players bypass the primary XP source for a construction school are not a valid solution in my opinion. If you want to level a school that builds things for plots there are solutions: buy a plot of your own, build on other people's plots, make (and then sell) the finished products for plots, find un-built world structures to build.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I'm guessing you haven't been on Order lately? sooner or later your choices run very thin. not easy to find something to build, if you don't own a plot. As for world structures, they only go for so long, won't last forever. In fact they don't even provide much use of an item, and once complete, then what? nearly every town in the game on Order is bare. New players are the ones most affected, this is neither a benefit, nor enticing to new players at all.

As for making and selling, I think you over estimate the economy in the game. This is the second time you've mentioned making and selling items to one of my posts.. you realize there is no real market for anything in the game now, right? The economy has been dead for many years. this is not being taken into account.

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, and that it shouldn't have been implemented. but it should have been implemented when we actually had a flourishing economy and community. It's your timing on when you make certain changes.
    Last edited by Malicore; December 27th, 2016 at 02:57 PM.

Don't forget you do get exp for making the items, like braces, keystones, and I believe that exp was boosted. If the player cannot find anyplace to apply those, they could sell or pawn them.

In the past the player would have been limited to what, making boards or orbs to level the class anyway? (In a situation where they don't own a plot, and know of nothing they can apply materials too). That's a horribly slow way to level. If the exp given on making the materials like spheres, braces, keystones was also boosted, then the player isn't any worse off than before, and might even be better off if the boost was more than the old exp for processing+making the intermediate item. I don't have those numbers handy, but a comparison might show that they are in fact better off.

Was posted the exp get for making/applying, you get 80% from the applying, only 20% for the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Was posted the exp get for making/applying, you get 80% from the applying, only 20% for the making.
    Yeah, that is how the exp granted is divided out. But the amounts given in both places was also increased to my understanding.

If that is correct, leveling the construction schools will be accelerated compared to before, when actually building something. Making the materials should be better than the way it was before also (new exp for mats > old exp for processing + old exp for mats).

Not sure it would be. Lets play with numbers, making these up in my head so for sure not real but since dont know what the real numbers are....

say you orginally got. 1000 for processing, 2000 for making the mats, 3000 for applying for total of 6000.

Now say they increased that total by 50% to 9000.

80% to applying would be 7200, 20% to making the mats 1800.

Close but is less.

Without knowing the true numbers can't say for certainty either way more or less.

Ok enough math, makes my head hurt.

Thread Information