Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abilities not resetting properly

Default Re: Abilities not resetting properly

now that the presents have been removed. some things have changed. I can also now see part of the problem better. for some odd reason when I use primal cast, hero's resolve then Breath of Flame Burst.. my primal cast and hero's resolve will not start to refresh, until BoFB has completed. the second it's done, the other 2 will start their countdown timers again. this is not constant, but quite often. still happening mainly on dwarves in Doom. No negative effects were on me.

Yes, I have also had heals lock when trying to heal. but not payed attention to exactly what happened just prior to the cast (IE: someone died as I cast or what)

We're looking into a possibility of fixing how the hotkey timer displays.

What you're seeing is a bad visual representation of what's going on behind the scenes.

I'm seeing many cases of this happening in Doom. Likely you're fighting Maggots, which gives this (or similar) debuff very frequently:

In other scenarios, it might not be this debuff, but something that affects Recycle by x%.

Lets take the common Scenario of Primal Cast (5:00 cooldown) and Breath of Flame Burst (1:30 cooldown).

If you cast Primal Cast or BoFB while you have this 60% recycle debuff on.

This means 5:00 becomes (300 seconds + 60% = 480 seconds) 8 minutes.
    Breath of Flame Burst becomes (90 seconds (1:30) + 60% = 144 seconds) 2:44 minutes

Even though the hotkey timer isn't correctly the extra time to hotbar key hovered timer, it's still using correct time behind the scenes.

The Primal Cast's 5:00 will appear to be "stuck". But it's only stuck by the extra 3 minutes. After the 60% (3m) expires, then it resumes count down from the 5:00

The Breath of Flame Burst will appear stuck for 144 seconds, then resume countdown.

Again, we are looking into making the hotkey timer bar to add the recycle delay timer (so players can see what has happened), but it is technically processing the time correctly, just not visually displaying it.

Usually anytime the hotbar key timer appears stuck, it means you casted something while having a debuff applied that affects recycle timer.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; January 22nd, 2018 at 10:40 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

No, I wasn't fighting maggots. I was fighting the dwarves though. but I have made sure there were no debuffs. This also happened in torgath valley (sp) when I was helping a friend attune to doom and again at fire opals on saratova. This has nothing to do with debuffs. My primal cast won't always recharge while breath of flame burst is recharging. Atrophy would cause both not to charge, not just primal cast. Breath of flame burst always starts recharging right away, until it's finished, primal cast sits greyed out.

Thread Information