Thread: I have a question about red presents.

Default I have a question about red presents.

Today and yesterday I was trying to go to Spirit Tower. Both times I was attacked by red presents trying to get there. I did not attack them at all. They attacked me. I ran up Spirit Tower healing the whole time. They attacked me from outside with ice bolt 5 from over 100m away. There were 4 of them and I died twice now. Like I said this has happened 2 days in a row. Is this normal?? How can they attack from so far away? There were none inside tower either time and they attacked through the walls of the tower. What is going on with red presents? They did not act this way before. Do I have to stay away from the Spirituous Swamp until they are gone? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Slimey on Order

ps: Place this thread where you want, I just need to know how to hunt swamp without the reds chasing me everywhere.

Default Re: I have a question about red presents.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimey View Post
    Today and yesterday I was trying to go to Spirit Tower. Both times I was attacked by red presents trying to get there. I did not attack them at all. They attacked me. I ran up Spirit Tower healing the whole time. They attacked me from outside with ice bolt 5 from over 100m away. There were 4 of them and I died twice now. Like I said this has happened 2 days in a row. Is this normal?? How can they attack from so far away? There were none inside tower either time and they attacked through the walls of the tower. What is going on with red presents? They did not act this way before. Do I have to stay away from the Spirituous Swamp until they are gone? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Slimey on Order

ps: Place this thread where you want, I just need to know how to hunt swamp without the reds chasing me everywhere.
    This is definitely unusual behaviour.

Technically all presents have 0 aggro range, however they do use the rating modifiers so it might be that they would attack a low level player if he/she got too close.

From what you describe that clearly isn't the case here, though the 100m range sounds a bit strange, perhaps its due to them not recognising the Z axis, so despite being 100m above them, they feel like you are just one step away.

How they aggro'd on you I wouldn't be able to explain though, feels like there is in fact a deeper lying issue with aggro behaviour in general.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Thanks for response. I go to tower to hunt Purple Weavers. This happens before I start hunting as I am looking for some Weavers while at tower. I get a message in main chat saying "you can not hide" and the attack begins. This always seems to happen in Spirit Tower but they will follow you across the rock bridges and so forth. I am a lvl 81+ Shaman but my rating is above 200. I hunted Marble Golems later surrounded by red presents but was never attacked by them. So I do not know.

A small problem seems to occur now. Since I have died twice, I go to tavern to eat food and get rid of death points. I can not access food in my inventory to eat until I relog. Once I relog in Tavern, I can eat food. This is new to me also. Thanks Slimey on Order.

Something about the red presents by the Purple Weavers is odd... I had two different presents attack me in that area as well. Nowhere else did that happen. It was very strange.

I also had red presents attack me in the swamp when I didn't touch them. I was at north end of swamp, again near some purple weavers.
    As for Slimey's not being able to use food, I have that issue all the time not being able to USE things in my inventory, food, scrolls, potions. If I transfer to my cargo disk sometimes I can use them from the cargo disk. Other times I have to relog.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

this is not new, as Racktor can confirm, Zorbin was attacked for no real reason a long while back, by at least 5 presents while we were gathering shining essence. or was it Romirez?? I don't recall, but it happened and Zorbin was immediately killed. I brought Malicore to help kill them off/ the 3 of us fought valiantly and wiped them out...

It depends which server board I think is which.

Yeah that was me, I was gathering essence and suddenly noticed poor Zorbin being destroyed. The only thing you were doing was using a non-AoE targeted debuff to get the wisps to move, but that's it. You didn't attack any of them and everything in the area aggro'ed.

I'm wondering if things in the area are calling for aid and the presents are responding to it for some reason. It seems that in all of these examples, something else was attacked that made the presents social.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I'm wondering if things in the area are calling for aid and the presents are responding to it for some reason. It seems that in all of these examples, something else was attacked that made the presents social.
    Had that with purple presents/thel'kuk battlers+gatherers in in whatever region of the volcanic lands the thel'kuk reside in too.

I noticed that the purple presents didnt aggro until i started to die, and so ran away...as the thel'kuk passed the presents which I wouldn't be near had i not fled the scene, they aggrod to me. xD

I can ad least rule agro for low level. I have run through a couple of them and the didn't agro. ( only a level 5 worrier, high in crafting though.)

Are chests supposed to aggro? I have been in the cave with the Stygian scorpions in the Doom and have been minding my own business but they keep attacking me, both the normal and the mimic chests.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Thread Information