Thread: Who is mineing aug on Chaos

Angry Who is mineing aug on Chaos

I have 14 k Mirthril stored on the t 3 smelter ive been stockpiling it for 2 days for my lair . Log in to finish off the mirthril and start gathering the rest of the resources for my floor and all my hard boring work is gone . I remember a time where you could leave resorces on public areas for weeks with out anyone touching it or at least asking permission to use it . what is going on !
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Who is mineing aug on Chaos

Sucks to hear that.

Anything left in public storage is basically free to the public. Whoever finds it could assume you want to come back for it, or they could think you left it as a present. Or they could have simply stolen it purposefully.

Best thing to do it process it into braces or lodestones or whatever, then store on a guild private connie until you can finish the work. I've never left large amounts anyplace public.

Ask in market if anyone cares to help you recover what was lost for an hour, might get a group of volunteers to help replace it, at least partly.

I never leave in public storage, I use my Vault or Guild storage. I have had mats taken before while I was right in the area gathering, most players can be trusted, but some are just not trust worthy. Its like leaving your car with the keys in it and the doors unlocked. May be ok, and it may be gone.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

You cannot leave anything public, there are people who steal on purpose. I usually leave it in vault or if you can in guild place.

Blog Entries

I don't assume that items left are free for all, but I have seen players answer this question saying that this is exactly what it means.
    Bherel Auphun (Chaos - main)
    Roasted Sumatra (Chaos)

Sassi Quickwing (Blight)
    [Beryl, house of the Kindred Spirits, Dawn Server, R.I.P.]

I have been in this predicament too many times before to count. I feel your struggle immensely.

When I was barely into my 40s craft as a dragon, I made the "mistake" of using the Summit public silos for crafting granite and while I was crafting out of the 2 full silos I had personally filled from my vault, I had everything stolen from me right out from under me while I was actually mid-craft and had only been able to gain 1 level. Needless to say even after this I thought well maybe I can have another go and was jumped again another few times having my stuff stolen, I haven't used a public shop since and that was back in 2011-12.

I agree with everyone else though and said here. Istaria even in my opinion, you can't really trust public storage to anyone. And you are completely right on the first hand, no one knows or these days has little to no respect for anyone else but themselves as to why I ask myself all the time on why there are public machines to begin with.

We inquired and there was a positive response to the feature so we added it. It is not required to use and we cautioned more than once that it could be abused this way. I'm sorry you lost your hard-gathered resources.

For reference: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ucture-Storage
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

While it happens I rarely hear anyone on Chaos complaining they have had stuff taken. More often you hear people asking who left xxx in whatever machine for over a week.

Not saying it doesn't happen but I feel the community by far is great about not messing with others stuff in public storage.

There's been a lot of resources stolen from public storages while people gather it/only a few hours after stored in the past week or so on chaos...makes me wonder if we have a single bad apple in the barrel, i've seen more complaints of stealing these past 2 weeks than at least 3/4ths of a year cumulatively before that...

Learned my lesson got burned twice takeing a break from crafting for a bit so Amon better reinforce your spawn engine.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information