Thread: wrong math on server?

Default wrong math on server?

I was playing around with making granite bricks. I decided to try the slider that lowers the amount needed for making each brick. Mind you, it still says 2 are needed. I am also a Grand Master Crafter. Level 100 miner. here are the results:
    [03/22/17 22:50:40] You have created 675 Granite Brick.
    [03/22/17 22:50:48] You have created 675 Granite Brick.

(below are bricks created with lower resource cost)

[03/22/17 22:51:00] 3 of 675 batches succeeded.
    [03/22/17 22:51:00] You have created 3 Granite Brick.

(Normal)

[03/22/17 22:51:27] You have created 675 Granite Brick.
    [03/22/17 22:51:44] You have created 675 Granite Brick.

(again with lower resource cost)

[03/22/17 22:51:58] 9 of 675 batches succeeded.
    [03/22/17 22:51:58] You have created 9 Granite Brick.
    [03/22/17 22:52:31] 5 of 297 batches succeeded.
    [03/22/17 22:52:31] You have created 5 Granite Brick.

Now what good is this function to anyone, if a lvl 100 miner making T3 resources, can't get any bonus?? And the amazingly high amount of resources that failed... Holy..... cow. I seriously think this feature needs looking into, or needs to be removed. as it does not help anyone, with anything.

My advise to anyone reading this? don't EVER bother to use this disfunctional function. you only lose!!

Default Re: wrong math on server?

I always thought this function had never been implemented. . . . I don't know why when mining something like granite as a level 100 miner I still get many 3,1,5 hits of stone.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Honestly I think you're the only person to actually have used that function, Mali XD
    I can't think of anyone who saw the chance of potential failure in crafting something and went ahead with it... "bird in the hand worth two in the bush" and all that.

But yeah I wouldn't shed a single tear if this feature got removed.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

was just a test run, to see whether or not is actually worked. Sometimes, I just need something to do. especially when bored, gathering stone for someone to help them level.

I did have a look ad that function.

I found that if you maximise the change for a certain amount of resources that you get about the same as if you using max. But because of rounding issues it alway's lower.

so lets say you are on half way 3 and 2 resources needed to create bricks. ad this point you are ad max using 3 resources a brick. so for 300 resources you get 100 bricks.

if you put the change ad 66% you just need to use 2 resources a brick and you create 150*66% = 99 bricks. same true for 33% were you just produce 1 brick per resource and you get 300*33% = 99 bricks.

I had expected this function to work a bid different. I had expected that it would take the real change. so as you are half way 2 and 3 brick you could change wise use 2.5 resource a go

80% of that is 2 resource abrick. if you [put your slider ad 80% it should just still use 2 bricks and you would get 150*80%= 120 bricks

Played around with it years ago too, and that was my conclusion as well :P
    However, the point you have missed is that it can never go better than optimal. So when leveling and you're just off getting to the next "break point" it had potential, but in the long run, it makes no difference given the failure rate and loss of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    My advise to anyone reading this? don't EVER bother to use this disfunctional function. you only lose!!
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I could figure you'd never reach more than max, but to lose that much is beyond rediculous. The point was, it doesn't work. If a lvl 100 miner can't even get 100%, it's broken. 9 bricks out of 675 for lvl 100, maxed out.. definitely issues here

my excuses when I read what you were doing i read it as that you were playing with the change.

but seeing this post. it seems to my that you are not aware you change has been adjusted.

you did put the change ad 100% totally all the way to the right or to 1% all the way to the left.

making granite bricks should go 2 to 1 for ad level 100 ( unless you are using a low level tool)

that is my score for all except T6 using mithril or equivalent tools.

what my thought was reading your message is that you changed the change to 1% and that did give you 675 attemps which could get you 675 * 0.01 =~ 9 bricks on a good day.

Check what you have done with you change slider, my guess is that it all to the left! that would explain the 675 changes and the 9 bricks out of that.

I normally would make 441 planks of marble ad 100% process using 882 slates.

and max carrying is close to 1000 resource you can only get 500. so to get 675 changes you must have done some thing to your change slider.
    Last edited by gkoster; April 4th, 2017 at 03:19 PM.

If you want to get 1 for 1. Every production steps loses some thing.

There is saying never let the spinner weaver nor the weaver saw. The results is bad for the end results.

this is because the spinner doesn't want to lose his work so doesn't sacrifice yarn for the better product, and the weaver want to use every scrap of cloth he made because he knows how much effort he put in it in the first place. So he would not pattern match and put not enough into the seams to get the best product.

Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post

and max carrying is close to 1000 resource you can only get 500. so to get 675 changes you must have done some thing to your change slider.
    Max carry is not 1000, Though it may be for you. My disk alone carries 1350, which does not include my backpack or my pet. Moving slider to the right is for higher success rate, using highest required resource amounts, left side of slider is less resources with lower success rate. still at lvl 100 miner, making T3 bricks should NOT in anyway = 1% production. it lowers how many resources used. slider all the way to the left = 2 resources used no matter the skill
    Last edited by Malicore; April 7th, 2017 at 06:24 AM.

Thread Information