A merge was suggested before the copy token, turned down for essentially “Order players prefer their plots and smaller community and don't want to lose their property” so this isn't because of the copy token. The copy token was suggested so people wanting to get to Chaos for the higher population wouldn't have to transfer entirely and could still help out around Order when they were needed. That's why I copied.

I'm sorry to say that you're wrong about the players here always wanting a merge.

In this thread you'll see that most of us currently asking for a merge didn't want it originally. That was back in the days when the population was at least lively if not thriving, quiet but active. I personally was against a merge then, there was no good reason then. But now there is when the shard averages 5 people online and 10 total when you count invisible people.

And last summer's thread you see that more people have changed their minds. And the notable thing about that thread in particular, is that many of the people opposed... have transferred or copied to Chaos already. People have recognized that Order isn't exactly a viable option to play on anymore unless you like single-player and the occasional small group.