Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72

Thread: Server Merge

  1. #41

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Straw man? How can we straw man you while quoting you directly and then responding to the quotes?



    You cannot be straw-manned while we are responding to direct quotes from you, if you feel like we aren't responding to your actual position, the burden is on you to explain it more clearly.
    Your responding to Direct quotes but half the time not actually responding to the whole paragraph. But only the quoted part.

    LOL and now your straw manning about strawing manning. You're not actually answering arzel or myself your arguing in circles. Without ever actually addressing their points

    Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Sorry but no, we're a cross-server guild as long as Order is around (my signature pic has characters from both shards for just that reason).
    Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    As the GM of Istara's Chosen, it makes zero difference to us since we were happy to re-establish ourselves on Chaos.
    So which is it Mach cross server or re-established on chaos? And funny as I type this there are 4 IC on chaos and ZERO on order... and this is pretty much the norm.. I am not denying that IC do log on order..but its certainly not your “home server”. (ooh and a side note theres 3 scions online so no scions isn't dead.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsilas View Post
    To clarify, I believe the player meant this as a past comment; there were many things suggested but then shot down in the past because Order was too small to handle it. This was back when Order averaged around 15-20 people.

    Right now, we're recognising that holding off harder content because a smaller server can't handle it is essentially catering to a small sect of the population. So no, Order isn't holding back the game's content anymore; there's likely going to be more content added in the future it can't handle.
    Thank you Sars for clarifying this point because I was wondering if this really was the case... personally I do enjoy the challenge of epics or harder content with few people..

    DP = NP
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

  2. #42

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Suggesting that we archive our characters that we can't transfer is entirely fair, only to have the chance to play with other people. I'm not sure when you've last played, but we can hardly get people together for an ancient rites of passage. That hurts order. It hurts it by discouraging new players and old players to stick around. It's great that people love the game so much to continue paying 15$ a month to support their plots, but it still leaves the server empty and harms the game in other ways. Yes, I understand your argument about paying the copy/transfer token; I've already mentioned my opinion over that. I think it would be shady to give us a free merge without giving back to those who have taken the initiative first. We have also heard that content is being developed that order might not be able to handle. The solution to that is for inactive plot holders to come on back, lend order a hand, and have some fun again. Obviously this statement wasn't designed to force players back, it's their money, but the problem still exists. When people have to wait days for an item to be made, or annoy an external problem to play a game, or even pay 10-25$ per character to have fun, some solution should be considered. Yes, we could also grind up the classes to do that and I have been, but grinding the craft while 3 people online is not enticing at all.

    Saying that, what people hold in their plot/lairs, I hold in my characters. Leaving behind characters would deter me from continuing to pay for the game, much like people who hold lairs. It's where I have spent the last 12 years weaving their backstories. I still like my solution to offer volunteer character transfers to chaos, WoW did a version of this. It lets people decide to hang back on order with their plots/lairs if they want to, and those of us to move on. VI would have to decide how to handle those who have already transferred, but I trust their ability to do so.


    Disclaimer: To make this clear, I am not attacking anyone or insulting anyone. I understand attachments to things
    Last edited by Serieth; April 24th, 2017 at 05:34 PM.

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Motherly taking care of everyone.
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Indeed, me and Azath do our best to keep IC presence in Order as well as Chaos. However, the point of this thread isn't whether our guild is active on Order more or not, the point of this thread is to respectfully exchange points without hostility, and without hurt feelings. Thread is stranding into unnecessary territory.

    Now, personally speaking, as a person who copied over I don't really mind the fact that I paid. Copy tokens was sort of an early access thing, you always pay more for early access, no? So on that front, I don't really mind. I understand loving your lair's location, sadly on Chaos the lair South Gate is occupied, but I managed to find another one pretty easily! I'm very happy with it.
    Aurelia Borealis of Istara's Chosen.
    Art by Oceanappa.
    Banner by Racktor.

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Washington, land of shivering in June.
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Sorry but I have to disagree with you on the Seniority part. That statement puts me in mind of a company with Union employees where you have Seniority rights. This is a MMO game and each paying customer have the right to buy any plot and hold on to it as long as they so chose to pay. So what you are saying is a paying customer who has been in the game and on Order shard for 9 years has the right to take over a plot that belongs to a player on Chaos who has been there for 8.5 years...Seniority rules! That would cause many paying customers to leave for sure. Not a wise decision in my opinion.
    I'm curious what alternative you would see instead?

    If the Chaos player got to keep their plot just because they're on Chaos, that makes all of us on Order feel like second-class players, which could also cause paying customers to leave. As I said in my original post, there is no win-win if a merge happens; someone loses their plot no matter what. It's a matter of trying to figure out the least painful way to do it.

    .:Malestryx:.

    Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Don't worry it'll change in 5 minutes.
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Your responding to Direct quotes but half the time not actually responding to the whole paragraph. But only the quoted part.

    LOL and now your straw manning about strawing manning. You're not actually answering arzel or myself your arguing in circles. Without ever actually addressing their points
    A quote is a segment of a statement that someone has made. Nobody is obligated to take the entirety of what you said and deconstruct every word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    if I didn't respond to something, I probably cut it out to be concise or because I didn't feel that the extra bit was relevant to the discussion or didn't need to be covered again.
    And I also already explained why I'm not responding to every word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    So which is it Mach cross server or re-established on chaos? I am not denying that IC do log on order[...]but its certainly not your “home server”.
    Both:
    We have high-ranking members who check in on both shards on nearly a daily basis, and as I stated previously: there's nothing to do on Order that we don't start ourselves so of course our activity there will be lower. Order is still my home, I may not always check in on that home much anymore, but that doesn't diminish the attachment I have to it.
    Re-establishing here means that IC didn't previously exist on Chaos, we created the guild there, bought property, are building machines and storage, and are actively recruiting members there.

    However, this thread is NOT about guild activity so I won't continue to go on about the guild points and return to the topic of the merge. And I thank you in advance for doing the same.

    I do particularly like Galdethriel's ideas here
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    For a merge:

    - Offer 100% novians, coin refund and first pick to plot holders losing their plots in the merge
    - Plots owned on Order which are unowned on Chaos default to their Order owners upon merge
    - Plots with no structures on Chaos that have had the same owner for 3 months or longer default to Order owners upon merge, granting cash refunds to their Chaos owners (bit controversial, I know, lemme know what you think)
    - Compensation for those who bought character tokens, with either game time or loyalty rewards

    For a migration:

    - Free transfers from Order to Chaos with 100% novians (this would be a limited time thing, and no going back to Order for free. It'd be up to the devs if they wanted to make this an actual transfer or a copy like the copy tokens)
    - Perhaps some compensation for those who've bought tokens, maybe a month of free game time or loyalty rewards
    - Changing Order's population status to accurately represent the population
    - Remove the roleplay tag from Order's display and move it into an additional info box
    - Add recommendation for Chaos
    Either scenario above I would fully support, though it honestly makes no difference to me personally if I don't get any refund/compensation for the tokens. That still does leave the issue of when two players have owned the same plot for a comparable amount of time and have built different things with it, and that's a whole other can of worms where the solutions make nobody happy unfortunately, and I might be in that category myself...

    My first suggestion about adding in new areas where only people coming from Order would have early access to might help with that, and it might be best worked out between players whose plots conflict about who has to sell (for a potentially better option) and who ends up keeping it.
    Ordinis est mortuus
    Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

  6. #46

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I'm curious what alternative you would see instead?

    If the Chaos player got to keep their plot just because they're on Chaos, that makes all of us on Order feel like second-class players, which could also cause paying customers to leave. As I said in my original post, there is no win-win if a merge happens; someone loses their plot no matter what. It's a matter of trying to figure out the least painful way to do it.
    The solution was simple...leave it as is! If players want to stay on Order shard then let them. They know just like we all know that there are not many players there to communicate with, but that's their choice.
    I do not think that VI would consider one paying customer over another. If I am wrong please tell me so?
    I left on the last merge then decided to return in 2009 but VI lost my sub and I am sure 100's or even a 1000 subs because of it. Many still haven't returned. That move really hurt the game financially. So if I was making the decisions would think on this hard before deciding on a merge.
    If VI wants one server then come up with something that will not drive away existing customers.
    Would I want to lose my plot to someone who paid for their sub a few days longer than me..NO. I paid to transfer but that don't matter because someone on Order got seniority so I lose my plot and I got to resort to 2nd place?
    If the business next door is failing why should your business have to suffer because you are on the same street?
    It is not good business to make preference over equal paying customers.
    If it is on the table or being considered to combine the two servers then do it right for all players.

    cheers

  7. #47

    Default Re: Server Merge

    As much as it is sad to say, I don't believe that this thread is progressing. We've had many constructive comments and I believe that they were excellently written. Those that were civil here, I have a great deal of respect for you, thank you for debating as adults.

    That being said, I must say that I will likely not be around on the server any longer. Perhaps even the game itself, at least until there comes a point where I may transfer all of my characters for free. (I really can't afford $150+ for tokens; broke college student )

    Again, I appreciate everyone that didn't move to insults on both sides of the debate. You are wonderful. <3

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Washington, land of shivering in June.
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    The solution was simple...leave it as is! If players want to stay on Order shard then let them. They know just like we all know that there are not many players there to communicate with, but that's their choice.
    Saying "don't merge the servers" is not a solution to the question of what to do about plots with multiple owners if a merge happens anyway.

    I'm not a big fan of the idea of merging the servers either, but I do understand that I don't own Istaria and a merge may happen with or without me. And if that merge does happen, I want to have input in the process so that it will possibly be less painful. A portion of a game's population being vehemently opposed to something does not mean that it won't still happen in the end.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    If the business next door is failing why should your business have to suffer because you are on the same street?
    It is not good business to make preference over equal paying customers.
    If it is on the table or being considered to combine the two servers then do it right for all players.
    These aren't separate businesses, though. They're two servers of the same game, and if Order loses players due to appearing to be a dead server, then that affects Istaria as a whole. If a merge does happen, then yes, it is important to do it right, but there is no way to merge servers in a game with plots like in Istaria that is painless for all parties. It just isn't possible.

    .:Malestryx:.

    Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

  9. #49

    Default Re: Server Merge

    @Raptress here's to hoping it will be a well thought out plan

    cheers

  10. #50

    Default Re: Server Merge

    I have to fully agree with Arzel. ATM, I do not see VI being the ones worrying about a server merge, only players. If VI wants to keep both servers open, and we have copy tokens in place, there is no real need for a merge. I do think that if a player wants to move because of such things as not being able to complete quests and the like, they shouldn't have to pay for it. If they just wish to copy and play on both, then pay. If a server is too low in player activity, then they should have at least a one time chance to make the move for free, since they are paying customers.

    As far as all these opinions go here?? they are just that, opinions and players don't need to decide if a forced server merge should happen. If I see VI making the announcement that it will merge, or asking for suggestions as to what should happen due to a forced merge... then I would have to make a response. As players, none of you should even be bringing this up. You have a choice now with tokens, why push it from here? Let VI decide if it feels it "needs or wants" to merge.

    I have seen many games where as you start your login process, you may choose which server you'd like to play that day. Usually on games that have multiple servers including pvp and non-pvp. Players can switch to which one they want at that particular time. Can something like that be applied here? I figure this isn't a new question, I do not know if it has been suggested before.

    No disrespect intended. Players are not the deciding vote here, nor should they be.
    Last edited by Malicore; April 24th, 2017 at 10:20 PM.

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Don't worry it'll change in 5 minutes.
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: Server Merge

    The thing is, most of the devs don't often actually log in to the servers to determine whether or not something like this is needed. The devs that do log in on a somewhat regular basis are only volunteers and don't exactly have the final say on the topic. This thread is a way of bringing the topic back up to the attention of the higher-ups who can say whether or not it's needed or something that should be done. ... and maybe offering a suggestion or two that could help smooth things over if it does happen.

    There's a reason Order doesn't get massive pre-planned raids with stories tied in to them anymore and that's sad to see... I can't remember where, but Sarsilas has said that they just can't expect a large enough turnout to those big raids anymore and so won't be hosting the big event raids there anymore.

    I honestly would love that functionality you suggest, but I'm not sure it could be done with the current tech though I'm certainly no expert on that general area...
    Ordinis est mortuus
    Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

  12. #52

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Well, it would be nice if that option I previously spoke of could be added. If not, well, not much we can do. It would be great if players could join from another server to help with a quest when needed, and return to their own server by relogging. Or being able to log onto the other server to complete something, then return to their life on Order and play the way they like and no one needs to give up anything. This could also help improve Orders population, since new players won't be bound due to lack of player support with quests.

    Vying for a forced merge is unnecessary. Let VI worry about the servers. you already have 2 options. Move or copy and play both. This was done to let players make their own choice of where to play and when. There is nothing in this thread that is compelling evidence that a forced merge is "required", or needed.

    Though I still believe if you feel you need to move due to inability to complete what is needed and you don't want to stay on Order, a one time "free" option should be available. Then the account is flagged as having been moved once, so if they decide to move back they should pay.
    Last edited by Malicore; April 24th, 2017 at 11:28 PM.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Server Merge

    @Malicore:

    Yep, pretty much what I suggested. I would be perfectly fine with a free, one-time option to move to chaos. No complaints, none. Wouldn't even think about the merge again. All I want is to spend 15 dollars a month and to not feel like I'm playing a single player game.

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    England. *sips tea* 8)
    Posts
    528

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Except free transfers are not mandatory in this case as I stated above. That person has chosen to make it mandatory based on what they want rather than what they can afford...<snip>....The game's content is just as easily open by making a brand new character and playing through it.
    To better explain what I mean, I'm going to use a different game as an example. Please just bear with me. So forget about Istaria - we're not playing that, we're playing World of Warcraft now. So, on your server, you have five other players. That's just enough people to do a WoW dungeon, as they're easy 5-man mid-level content. So long as you stick to just dungeons, everything is well and good.

    But what if you want to raid? This is tough end game content, now, and you're gonna need about 20 people to form your raid group. But you have 5 people. You could transfer to a more populated server that has enough people to form your raid group, but that's more money again. Essentially, you're paying additional money to experience content that you're already paying for in your subscription. Those people on the other server aren't having to pay anything on top of their subscription.

    So long as you stick to easy mid-level content you can solo or do with just a few people, you're absolutely fine. But when you move into end game content the problems start to become more apparent. But you are paying for that content. When it becomes a matter of being unable to access paid content, I think yes, transfers should be free and I consider them mandatory when it comes to experiencing game content.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    I love all the straw man arguments I am hearing. Not a single person answered Arzels points they just defended with "it's not an attack" or whatever.
    I answered a few choice points from Arzel, and Machaeon addressed various of Arzel's points in greater detail in his post. Nothing I've read, so far as I can see, has involved straw manning, just straight up replies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    I can't speak for Galdethriel, but if I didn't respond to something, I probably cut it out to be concise or because I didn't feel that the extra bit was relevant to the discussion or didn't need to be covered again.
    ^ Basically this, I tend to select points I can say something about. I read all of Arzel's post, and a lot of points are made very passionately, but I had to select points I could comment on myself. Unfortunately, for a lot of the post, there's no clear cut answer and no response I could give that would be more useful than 'I understand how you feel'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsilas View Post
    Order isn't holding back the game's content anymore; there's likely going to be more content added in the future it can't handle.
    While I'm sad we can't do a lot of the endgame content or your raids, I think it's the best decision to march on and release that endgame content anyway. So I'm happy VI has decided this! I honestly thought content was being tuned down because of Order, I'm glad it isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Your responding to Direct quotes but half the time not actually responding to the whole paragraph. But only the quoted part.
    I think the argument fallacy you're thinking of isn't straw manning but quote mining. Quote mining is to quote someone, but to take it out of context or otherwise distort the original context. But no, I've reread Machaeon's posts and honestly have to say I can't find any evidence of quote mining. Quoting a small portion is just a way of keeping things concise, so long as the heart of the argument is there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    LOL and now your straw manning about strawing manning. You're not actually answering arzel or myself your arguing in circles. Without ever actually addressing their points
    I'm not sure you fully understand what a straw man is. For it to be a straw man, Machaeon would have to construct a weak argument and then argue against it. He's not constructed an argument, he's directly refuted your claim that he's utilising logical fallacies and directed you to reword your argument in case they are being misinterpreted. That's still not a straw man; more likely it's a lapse in communication. Easy to do in text, unfortunately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Thank you Sars for clarifying this point because I was wondering if this really was the case... personally I do enjoy the challenge of epics or harder content with few people..
    So long as we can still do the hard content at all... D:

    Quote Originally Posted by Serieth View Post
    Yes, we could also grind up the classes to do that and I have been, but grinding the craft while 3 people online is not enticing at all.
    Urgh, agreed. Makes me think, too, that sometimes the lack of people is really a bit of a motivation killer for this sort of thing - sure, you can level up, you can learn to make new things, but why? So you can make potions... who's gonna drink them? So you can heal well... who's gonna need it? Maybe it's just me. I'm increasingly struggling to find reasons to push through the grind when there's no one but myself who can benefit from it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    If the Chaos player got to keep their plot just because they're on Chaos, that makes all of us on Order feel like second-class players, which could also cause paying customers to leave. As I said in my original post, there is no win-win if a merge happens; someone loses their plot no matter what. It's a matter of trying to figure out the least painful way to do it.
    The problem I see with this is it's really Order that's the problem, if you like. And just from a pragmatic viewpoint, it makes more sense to disrupt the minority than the majority of players. That said, I agree, it'd always be a bit messy. I'm not sure what the solution would be, but a seniority system isn't always going to give the fair result. I think activity trumps seniority, personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    My first suggestion about adding in new areas where only people coming from Order would have early access to might help with that, and it might be best worked out between players whose plots conflict about who has to sell (for a potentially better option) and who ends up keeping it.
    I can see value in this - maybe give Order players some attractive plots they might keep to ease the blow or choose to barter with for preferable ones, maybe even their original ones. I'd worry this would annoy Chaos players, though, hopefully it wouldn't be too much of a problem. It'd also probably be quite a hefty chunk of work for the devs, and I'm not sure how it would play out.

    Their recent work prettifying areas and adding more unique features to plots and lairs I thought would be great news for Order newcomers wanting to find a new plot, but it seems a lot of those heavily opposed hold strong sentiment about their spot in particular and won't be drawn away from it by a fancy updated area. I'm worried the same might hold true for this Order-exclusive area and it wouldn't soothe any tempers for all the work it's taken. (That said, give me first pick of a fancy island lair any day!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Starstilanxs View Post
    That being said, I must say that I will likely not be around on the server any longer. Perhaps even the game itself, at least until there comes a point where I may transfer all of my characters for free. (I really can't afford $150+ for tokens; broke college student )
    I'm sad to hear you're going! But I understand. Maybe when double exp hits, we might have a few more around and you should definitely pop back for a look! At least, I'm hoping there's a resurgence. Or just... more than 4 other players online. I'll take what I can get at this point!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    there is no way to merge servers in a game with plots like in Istaria that is painless for all parties. It just isn't possible.
    Sad, but true. The only solution I can see - in that it's the least painful way of consolidating the player base - is to freely migrate rather than merge, discourage new players from making characters on Order, and leave the plots as-is. But even then, not everyone would be happy... some people are really attached to Order and might refuse to move, even if they can do so without paying, and will be really lonely. I'd say for the dev-led events to only be run on Chaos, since if Order can't manage them now it'd have no chance under this model. But then that might also make the remaining players feel left out, and like they're less important than Chaos players.

    But if the transfers are available, that really is their choice. At least the plots would be intact, even if the server is more or less abandoned? It's sad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    As far as all these opinions go here?? they are just that, opinions and players don't need to decide if a forced server merge should happen...<snip>...As players, none of you should even be bringing this up...<snip>...Players are not the deciding vote here, nor should they be.
    I don't think anyone here thinks they're the ones deciding if a merge will happen, but this is a suggestion forum, and this is our suggestion. Yes, as players we should bring this up. Whether or not VI agrees is entirely up to them, but we have a right to discuss our thoughts. It's honestly not hurting anything, anyway, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serieth View Post
    Yep, pretty much what I suggested. I would be perfectly fine with a free, one-time option to move to chaos. No complaints, none. Wouldn't even think about the merge again. All I want is to spend 15 dollars a month and to not feel like I'm playing a single player game.
    ^ This is me, too. Maybe they could utilise the token system to do it? Dispense 1 token to every account to be able to migrate characters - but once it's used, it's used, and to move anyone else again you'd have pay to do it. I think that'd be pretty fair.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Gald I understand full well what both straw manning and quote mining are.

    And you know what I have begun to realise. Minus the people who migrated and are now arguing for merge.. the population on order is pretty much what it has been for the last couple of years. Which tells me you copied or transfered then complain about a situation which you exacerbated.

    What makes me laugh is that a previous poster used the argument "order wants this" and it seems only a few do not the majority.

    Just an idea what if transfer tokens became possible using vet reward tokens? Thoughts?
    Last edited by Calyndrell; April 25th, 2017 at 12:59 AM.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

  16. #56

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post


    I don't think anyone here thinks they're the ones deciding if a merge will happen.<snip> Whether or not VI agrees is entirely up to them, but we have a right to discuss our thoughts. It's honestly not hurting anything, anyway, right?
    When a post is actually causing more anger and frustration due to it's content, or threat thereof.. yes it is hurting something.. Moral for one. Giving people the false impression that this is going to, or may happen (more grief) . When making false assumptions about how "most" of order wants this. (again more grief) You need to take into consideration that not everyone follows 100% what is being said here, and as you can see some have already left because of it. It has been brought up enough times already. But here's what you folks aren't considering, is how many will quit if this ever does come to pass. You will stand to lose more members over a merger, than if it was just left alone. Whether or not you want to believe this, is up to you. But both chaos and Order members would quit, especially if a lot of these suggestions were to be used. Solutions are in place, though the free one time transfer would be of great help.

    I firmly do not believe a player should have to pay twice, to be able to continue to experience the game content, because the population on one server they chose years ago, is slowly dying out
    Last edited by Malicore; April 25th, 2017 at 01:24 AM.

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    England. *sips tea* 8)
    Posts
    528

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    When a post is actually causing more anger and frustration due to it's content...<snip>...some have already left because of it.
    I don't want to sound blunt or insensitive, but the idea that people shouldn't be allowed to discuss something on the chance it might upset someone is silly. This is a forum. Forums are meant for discussion. If someone can't emotionally handle some people discussing something on a forum, that's sadly not a problem we can't solve. I'd suggest they look at some of the more fun sections of the forum instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    But here's what you folks aren't considering, is how many will quit if this ever does come to pass.
    We have been considering it - it's honestly one of the biggest problems a merge would face. Ghost players lose their plots and quit, and who knows how many ghost players there are out in the world of Order? Which is why I also offered suggestions for a migration instead, which I think would hit a lot softer. If Order's plots are making enough money to keep the server up, there's no problem with the server remaining but we absolutely need to make sure that new players are encountering existing players, and returning players can find company.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    I firmly do not believe a player should have to pay twice, to be able to continue to experience the game content, because the population on one server they chose years ago, is slowly dying out
    I agree, absolutely. A token-based one-use character transfer would work wonders for me personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Gald I understand full well what both straw manning and quote mining are.
    Then I'm afraid you were using the terms incorrectly. I thought you might have confused the two.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Minus the people who migrated and are now arguing for merge...<snip>...you copied or transfered then complain about a situation which you exacerbated.
    I can't help but keep detecting something of an accusatory tone in the way you refer to those who have transferred. They're really not to blame for Order's situation, regardless of when or why they transferred. Just putting that out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Just an idea what if transfer tokens became possible using vet reward tokens? Thoughts?
    I'm not sure what you mean, entirely. Can you explain more?

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wherever the food is O_O
    Posts
    421

    Default Re: Server Merge

    Galde - I don't know if this is correct, but my best guess is that Calyn is suggesting an option to use loyalty tokens (you get one of the thingies per month) to pay for a character transfer/copy. And even if they're not, I think that's a great idea. There's no way I'm paying 100$ to copy my characters to Chaos, or even just my top five most played. Being able to use loyalty tokens to either eliminate or reduce the cost would go a long way towards solving the issue (for me at least). It's not right (nor profitable) to punish those who actually play because there are super old players holding onto their plots, yet never login.

    And you know what I have begun to realise. Minus the people who migrated and are now arguing for merge.. the population on order is pretty much what it has been for the last couple of years. Which tells me you copied or transfered then complain about a situation which you exacerbated.
    No, it isn't. Furthermore, the people who did copy/transfer (I only know of Mach's group, keep this in mind) did a LOT for Order in trying to get events together, do epic hunts, and so forth. You are 100% wrong. I know Schwarz has ran several RP events, and Mach has healed/led/whatever a significant amount of hunt groups, not to mention crafting a bunch of stuff for whoever asks when she can. When I did join a group, it was primarily Istara's Chosen members that I saw in there, or friends of that guild who also participated in the hunts/RP.

    Now, I COULD comment on my thoughts as to why you didn't actually know the above details - or chose to ignore them - but that'd be making a baseless assumption and I try to avoid those, nor do I know if you've actually logged in with any regularity.

    I firmly do not believe a player should have to pay twice, to be able to continue to experience the game content, because the population on one server they chose years ago, is slowly dying out
    I second this. If it's between paying a not-insignificant sum of money in order to enjoy the second 'M' in MMO for a game I already pay for vs. just dropping, I'll take the latter option.

    Additional Edit: Would any dev care to provide some numbers? In reading the thread, it's been brought up a lot that we don't...actually have any solid numbers on things. If said numbers are available/sharing them is allowed, I'd be very curious to know population numbers over the past years, current number of plots, who has a plot but never logs in, etc.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Server Merge

    at this point-
    are we rdy for a conclusion,
    how about that?

    - Some player of Order want to leave Order because of low pop
    they ask for a free or massively price- reduced transfer
    (pls Order people: Find out the numer of players.)
    The chars, that have that special offer are limited to X
    The offer is good for only one direction: Order => Chaos

    - noone is forced to leave Order- (those who stay miss the chance of lower/no transfer costs)
    and live their lifes there happly- until VI decides other.
    there will be NO MERGE.

    - Those who come to Chaos look for new plots and lairs there. There are still nice , big plots and lairs available.
    They`ll get 100% of novians.
    This and the "free" transfer evens out the loss of land on Order

    - Those who paid for transfer or copies do NOT complain that others got it for free/or reduced price.
    They further do not envy the 100% novians or claim to get all that too.^^

    - "Copies" do not have to pay twice - if they decide to live on Chaos.

    - all the above is valid for only 6(X) months / or for players that paid more than 2(X) years continually.

    - Order shard gets a special info-flag that says interested new players "...insert text.."

    - pls add short and precisely what I have missed here.
    and pls^^ all agree on that??^^^

    We NEED to make compromises- you all know that. This is a new situation- we can`t and should not compare with merges from the past or even other games.
    If we make easy to implement, economical suggestions and speak with one voice- chances are good that we are heard.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; April 25th, 2017 at 07:00 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  20. #60

    Default Re: Server Merge

    ah I forgot:

    pls check prices nevertheless.
    I read about prices here that do not exsist.!!
    150 USD something eg.

    If you do not want yout latest hatchioe 5/5 transferred- its not THAT expensive.
    To all who do not want to wait for a decision, we do not know when or if its made..
    YOU told me to play a dragon! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Possible Server Merge?
    By Shazo in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: November 20th, 2016, 07:46 PM
  2. Server Merge Update
    By Kaze in forum Unity
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: October 27th, 2004, 12:35 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 26th, 2004, 04:22 PM
  4. EU: server merge end of world event
    By Kaze in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 19th, 2004, 06:42 AM
  5. EU: Merge
    By Kaze in forum General
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: October 18th, 2004, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •