Thread: Titles ala Stars

Default Titles ala Stars

I am going to beat on a dead horse. Titles or the Stars used to have more bonuses to them. I do not know if they worked back then or not. It would be nice if we had more Titles that added a bonus to whatever it stood for. I wear "Gravedigger" because it says it adds +2 to attack. I wear this all the time because what good is Miner expert or Jewelry expert? Is there some reason why say Tailor does not add a +5 or +10 to tailoring like leather? Can these Titles be improved? At the moment, I have no reason to wear "Grand Master Crafter" for any reason. It is such a shame to have all these Titles and no reason to wear them. When I am harvesting any resource, I have no reason to switch to that resources' Title/Star. At least tell me why a small bonus can't be added. Thank you. Slimey on Order

Default Re: Titles ala Stars

I don't think it's because no bonus is wanted, just no bonus has been decided on yet. You could perhaps suggest specific bonus' instead.

For example, i suggest the title "Friend of the North" could grant a +75 or +100 Ice Resistance bonus.

The badges don't do anything any longer, you need to use the item to gain any bonus they might give as they can no longer be equipped. Things like alchemist have a new title that gives +40 or +50 bonus. But it's an outside quest, you need to make 1000 antidotes to get the title. Tinkerer get a bonus of +40 from a another quest which gives a tech kit instead. Not sure what else is out there atm.. Scholar has a tech kit also, though it is only +20 same as the scholars normal tech kit, received after doing the master galeon scroll quest. So it seems you should check around other schools for outside quests which might give titles with good bonus'. Does Chef title add something for confectioner? I don't know

It has been asked for years to get bonuses for titles, specially (Grand Master Crafter). So far nada. Maybe one of these days (years?) that dead horse may rise yet.

To my opinion titles should be things you are proud of. I real live they are given for things you have done not for the things you can do.
    Because now some give bonuses they are selected on the max bonus. some thing I don't like.

Bump... lol

In a game I've played for a while (Dragon Nest), we have two types of titles; "Statistic titles," and "Display titles." We gain these for completing certain feats and almost all give some kind of stat bonus. But we can decide which one we want for a stat bonus, and which one we actually want to display. Just a thought!
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

I wish titles did more. I did the quest for the dwarves in Doom. You fight the man up front and some minions up front. The quest sends you to look for signs of the king and his minions. When you find them it ask for you to kill 4 minions and the king. You then recover the crown of the king. You go back to Augh. to turn the crown in. You get a grand reward for killing undead king and recovering the crown. A star/title saying you are now a private in Augh. army. No enhancements are listed. This is all you get for recovering the crown of the king. Its not an easy fight and you have to pay to go into Doom. This quest depressed me severely for this is all you get for such a costly and well fought quest. What a big disappointment. Slimey/Fatuous on Order

I wanted to mention that (more in reply to gkoster), the fact that we're asking for stats on more of the titles is because many of us have no purpose to wear most of them, except ones that give stats. It would be nice to at least have some benefits if we wanted to wear our favorite title. We want to wear stat titles because us humans love numbers and progression. But even for me, I don't want to wear any of the Myloc titles, because they're uninteresting to me, but I wear them because they give stats.

This to me is slightly redundant and unappealing. Why should I wear a "Grand Master Dragon Crafter" badge for show? Many would hardly bat an eye. Given titles had a stat update (perhaps +50 or +75 to every craft skill for dragons? Same for GMC for biped), players would be spinning their heads at an oncoming master crafter, and they might even ask some questions about "how to get that title!"

Currently, these titles aren't very appealing and thus players don't have much motive to put forth an effort to grab them. The few players who do are usually completionists (not that I have anything against completionists, I am one myself xD). Last thing I will mention here that blows my mind: the Demon Slayer title, in which requires you to kill 20 Son of Gigaroths, gives NO stats. I'll be leaving y'all to think about that now!
    Last edited by xWaterwingx; December 12th, 2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: more words ^_^
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Deleted post
    Last edited by xWaterwingx; December 12th, 2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Forums derped, double post
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Thread Information