Thread: Dim Wisp Self Destruction

Default Dim Wisp Self Destruction

Dim wisps at Serenity will self destruct after you live harvest for normal essence.
    "The creature you have been harvesting from has been depleted."
    "Dim wisp hit itself for 10 damage."
    Weakened dim wisps behave normally. I don't know if dim wisps in other locations are behaving this way.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Dim Wisp Self Destruction

I remember reading a patch note that said stuff kills itself now. Not everything does for sone reason, though

They refill while alive very very slowly for whatever reason.

If you kill it and they respawn, they respawn full.

I'm pretty sure I see what the issue is. I'll run this by the devs to verify my theory, thanks!
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

they don't actually respawn full, but more like 75%. which is still better than letting them regen on their own. when I harvest a wisp, I kill it and move on to next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    they don't actually respawn full, but more like 75%. which is still better than letting them regen on their own. when I harvest a wisp, I kill it and move on to next one.
    I do that too. I like the scream they make when they die...

What? Why are you looking at me that way?

If wisps had an explody animation when they died... might be fine to just let them keep exploding

I suppose that could be a new interesting twist. There is a new feature (that devs can set) where mobs that are harvested for resources, will die once all the resources are gathered. Thats what was happening with the Dim Wisps. The wisp incorrectly had this new feature setup for it.

But possibly players might like that? But on other hand I forsee that being need to apply for all resources. ie. Cow. You are milking it. Does it die up on milking everything? I know normally, we try to keep track of a cow we recently milked, and don't try to gather from it, too soon (because it won't be "full" of resources quite yet).

Not sure if that'd be too easy and take the challenge away. I know we all want instant gratification, too. So a delicate balance.

When a mob dies, it can take about 2-5 minutes for it to respawn, so that can also be bad. Milk all the cows and wait a few minutes for them to respawn, or leave it as is. Even though the mob isn't full right away, at least you can immediately get something from it (not possible after it dies).

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    But possibly players might like that? But on other hand I forsee that being need to apply for all resources. ie. Cow. You are milking it. Does it die up on milking everything? I know normally, we try to keep track of a cow we recently milked, and don't try to gather from it, too soon (because it won't be "full" of resources quite yet).

Not sure if that'd be too easy and take the challenge away. I know we all want instant gratification, too. So a delicate balance.

When a mob dies, it can take about 2-5 minutes for it to respawn, so that can also be bad. Milk all the cows and wait a few minutes for them to respawn, or leave it as is. Even though the mob isn't full right away, at least you can immediately get something from it (not possible after it dies).
    I kill cows after i milk them because the refill is way too slow. infact there's nothing i don't kill after gathering it because refill is too slow. so all wisps, chickens, cows, sheep..all die in the name of crafting !

However, i don't think killing livetsock is a good idea strictly from a logic perspective. Are we implying this cow dies after being milked, was the milk its blood? D: Did the sheep die of hypothermia afte rbeing shaved? Are chicken eggs actually it's vital organs? D:
    Wisps on the other hand are excusable, because they're wisps, no one knows what wisps do. Why not explode?

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    Wisps on the other hand are excusable, because they're wisps, no one knows what wisps do. Why not explode?
    It seems plausable for wisps to explode when drained. since they do resemble a bubble. If you were to drain a bubble, wouldn't it implode? or simple pop? They do fall to the ground deflated when killed. if you drain them, you are in fact draining their lifeforce. Cows, I kill as well as any other livestock. but to have them die automatically wouldn't make sense.

Yeah, that was a late night thinking out loud type of thing. Having livestock die automatically doesn't make sense either.

Thread Information